Why did YOU dislike BB15?

Comments

• hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Artemis1 wrote: »
    I agree but the housemates have a code of conduct which over rides everything and if broken can result in removal from the house.

Big brother broke its own rules because after shown warnings and not shown warnings bb just ignored the rules and public opinion.

I don't really understand what you're saying :confused:
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Artemis1 wrote: »
    Another thing was when we did have a vote to evict Helen she wasn't evicted but by that time the cool kids had told their followers to vote for Helen so Ashleigh (the real winner of bb15 and not booed when she left the house.)wouldn't win.

Which begs the question.

How important are Twitter and Facebook in the choice of the winner.
    That sounds like you are saying that Ashleigh's supporters are to blame for Helen winning?

I think you're probably right.:D
  • Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really understand what you're saying :confused:

There is a code of conduct which all housemates must adhere to when they enter the house
    bb issues warnings in diary room because of rule breaks as they did 2 times with Helen.
    It was reported on the channel 5 Mathew Wright show that Helen was warned 14 times but only 2 were shown.
    If they showed these warnings Helen would have been evicted so why the cover up.

Obviously Ofcom is still investigating the show.
    Forum Member
    The thing I disliked more than anything else was the power given to Bianca, Pav and Zoe to evict a housemate of their choosing without the viewers having a say in it.

Even if they'd chose to evict a housemate I didn't particularly like, I'd have still felt the same.
  • DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. But I started to dislike the outside world interference,
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up on BB14 (too many orchestrated rows, not enough likeable characters), but I liked BB15 - though I'm sure others would give it the same criticism that I had for BB14.

I think a lot of the time it comes down to the individual housemates. The few series that I gave up was all down to me not liking enough of the housemates. Tasks, evictions twists, all of that doesn't matter. If the housemates don't grab me, I won't tune in.
  • docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I dislike the last series for the following reasons.

A: The free pass to the final and the always up changed the nature of the show in the wrong direction.

B: There was too much outside knowledge from the public and even worst the bots crowd were chosen to give it.

C: The three housemates added in to the show midway didn't really add anything, at the end of the day.

D: The app voting isolated a number of fans if they wanted to vote on the app choices, but couldn't because they didn't own a certain phone.

All of that PLUS the way the show was engineered to encourage nastiness.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A housemate receiving a free pass to the final is an awful idea. A housemate receiving a free pass to the final on the second night is beyond ridiculous.

Helen is the worst winner I've ever seen. I don't care how her defenders rationlise her behaviour, to me she was an awful bully and deserved to be turfed out. Had she been eligible, I have no doubt she would have been evicted in the earlier weeks, and the series would have no doubt been better for it.

The "power" twist was poorly excecuted and just resulted in increasingly tedious interferences week by week.

I was very excited for BB15, and utterly loved the launch night (definitely my favourite C5 launch). It felt like the C4 days, I just felt that excitement and atmosphere again ... and then they pissed on all of the potential. A real shame.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Rubbish housemates
    Danielle being on the show and not being first out.
    Helen being Helen.
    Biannca and Tamara being voted out way too early.
    Too many dull twists
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Rubbish housemates
    Danielle being on the show and not being first out.
    Helen being Helen.
    Biannca and Tamara being voted out way too early.
    Too many dull twists

Those leaving when they did was one of the few saving graces for me. I saw no entertainment value in either. Tamara showed none of the attitude she bragged in her VT and just acted as a loyal little sheep with Helen and a lovesick schoolgirl with Winston. As for Biannca, her "Look at me, I'm so wild and outrageous" shtick was tiresome from the moment she started it.
  • dan_dan_ Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first three weeks were great - we had Pauline, Danielle, Helen, Toya etc... I loved it.

With Toya's exit though, it all went downhill. It centre around uninteresting housemates (Kimberly and Steven) and unpleasant ones (Ash). The Christopher/Mark thing is probably my least favourite Big Brother storyline of all time and Helen going on a ourney and then winning was about as manipulated as Big Brother can get. The saving graces for me were Ashleigh, Danielle and Toya.
  • dan_dan_ Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first three weeks were great - we had Pauline, Danielle, Helen, Toya etc... I loved it.

With Toya's exit though, it all went downhill. It centre around uninteresting housemates (Kimberly and Steven) and unpleasant ones (Ash). The Christopher/Mark thing is probably my least favourite Big Brother storyline of all time and Helen going on a journey and then winning was about as manipulated as Big Brother can get. The saving graces for me were Ashleigh, Danielle and Toya...
  • Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evicting housemates without a public vote set a precendent which will be abused again and again to the extent I have no desire to watch another series.
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    for me, BB14 really improved on aspects of BB12 and BB13, but BB15 then took a backwards step and they really took the show to a worse place than its ever been.

The obvious manipulation, the 'making it up as they go along' approach, and the hideous free pass to the final made me switch off. It just wasn't Big Brother.

The Power Trip theme could have worked, but rather than being interesting, it was pretty nasty and egotistical because they picked such unlikeable housemates.

Armageddon week could have been good but again, they took away the public's right to vote by letting the housemates evict Danielle.

The whole thing completely jarred with me, largely because of the majority of the housemates' self-entitlement. Certain housemate a throwing a strop every week because they were nominated was so ridiculous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it.
    Didn't see a single minute, and lost no sleep.

Missed DS though :cry::cry::cry:
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was only annoyed by the Mark Creature.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I think I could have coped with all the twists, even the killer nom :( and the pass to the final >:( if there'd been some decent and likeable HMs in there BUT they were ALL awful.

I started off liking Jale but she was very quickly ousted and than was drawn to Pav later but he was such a late entrant he didn't really stand a chance.

The worst series by far and when I think of BB14 just a year earlier and yet light years away in terms of a decent series. And we had live feed :o :cool:
  • ValWValW Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be quicker to say what I DID like about this dreadful run! Chris and Christopher were 2 of my favourite people ever to walk through that door, I would have loved to have known them in real life. Everything and everybody else about BB15 is best forgotten, in my opinion.

The casting was atrocious. I don't mind having a baddie figure or 2 but nobody's all good or all bad and I want to see their complexities emerge. I don't want a house full of harridans and jerks and I'd love at least one year with no models. Back in the good old days there's no way Helen or Steven would have passed the psych tests.

The "Creepy Chris" nonsense was just beyond contempt. OK, I thought Ashleigh was a bad influence on Chris and that wrecked his chances of winning but I would ALWAYS defend them as just being innocent friends. For BOTS to portray it as anything else without them being able to have the right of reply was reprehensible. And don't get me started on that effing Grooming In The Garden video!

Obviously the pass to the final pretty much doomed the series from the start but it could have been redeemed if there had been at least one chance for it to change hands. Such extreme power is worth nothing if there isn't the opportunity to challenge it.
    Forum Member
    ValW wrote: »
    It'd be quicker to say what I DID like about this dreadful run! Chris and Christopher were 2 of my favourite people ever to walk through that door, I would have loved to have known them in real life. Everything and everybody else about BB15 is best forgotten, in my opinion.

The casting was atrocious. I don't mind having a baddie figure or 2 but nobody's all good or all bad and I want to see their complexities emerge. I don't want a house full of harridans and jerks and I'd love at least one year with no models. Back in the good old days there's no way Helen or Steven would have passed the psych tests.

The "Creepy Chris" nonsense was just beyond contempt. OK, I thought Ashleigh was a bad influence on Chris and that wrecked his chances of winning but I would ALWAYS defend them as just being innocent friends. For BOTS to portray it as anything else without them being able to have the right of reply was reprehensible. And don't get me started on that effing Grooming In The Garden video!

Obviously the pass to the final pretty much doomed the series from the start but it could have been redeemed if there had been at least one chance for it to change hands. Such extreme power is worth nothing if there isn't the opportunity to challenge it.
    I didn't like the pass to the final, but I'd have liked it even less if it had been given to one of the less volatile housemates.

It had to go to a housemate who would have been under threat of eviction without it. It would have been pointless otherwise. As it was the only other time they used it.
  • Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    Its good to have a baddie to boo and hiss at and provide an emotional journey, but when the 'baddie' then goes on and wins it just leaves a nasty taste.

All the way through it seemed like Helen had been set up for the win and everything had been handed to her on a plate, and no matter how much they try to deny it, that's the impression we were left with. The pass to the final was an awful mistake and I hope they have the sense to never do it again. I hope they pick more likeable housemates this year, I didn't really connect with any of last year's mob of suspects.

And i hope they don't muck about with it too much. That never goes well.

It's supposed to be fun, not an awful ordeal, and that's what last year's show felt like. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At first when they went in the house I thought Helen was okay with "I'm a lass from Bolton and I got my own hairdressing salon" but then we found out exactly why she got chosen. Because she shagged Wayne Rooney. How bloody ridiculous. I rather tacky people like her go into the celeb series. Yes I know people will complain "we don't know her, she's not a celebrity" but the likes of her and Zoe Birkett should have gone in the celeb series. I rather see people who work in "Tesco" go in the civilian series because 100K would mean a lot to them.

Anyone trying to blag a story they have slept with a footballer/celebrity then please don't put them in. This is why you have crap ratings Big Brother and rightly so. What a joke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So on a whole BB15 was poo. I like Matthew. I always like the ones who are a bit "posh". Danielle was a good one. Jale probably seemed the most "normal". Shame she became up Helen's bum hole otherwise she would have got further. Quite liked Mark to be honest.

The playboy bunny that is Kim should not have been in there.

If you want a "good looking" person you can catch one anywhere nowadays. Plenty of young good looking women working in supermarkets. BB16 best be a lot better than the latter.
  • NorthWingNorthWing Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    I have no problem with housemates themselves; they can't be blamed for the producers' decisions. Granted, many were detestable, but still.....

my issues were:

TOO MUCH outside information coming in.
    Badly thought out "weeks" and cheating in the twists.
    The pass-to-the-finals.
  • Speckled_HenSpeckled_Hen Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, there are so many reasons to dislike this season. Where to start?

* The decor was dismal and depressing with the worst lighting of any BB
    * the pass to the final
    * the hms were disappointing (esp. the 3 duds at the end)
    * Mark's voice
    * Hooker Helen shouldn't have even been there, let alone have won
    * Helen's voice
    * the shameless manipulation by the producers
    * the shameless protection of Helen by the producers (warning after warning with no repercussions)
    * promotion of bullying for ratings
    * uninteresting tasks
    * very little emphasis on fun - a lot of emphasis on strife and disharmony
    * the lame app voting
    * :o Steverly :o
    * airing DR footage to the rest of the house
    * too much info being given to the house through tasks
    * intentional character assassination of Danielle and Chris on BOTS (her as a hypocrite/**** and him as a pervert (Creepy Chris))
    * relentless promotion of Steven on BOTS by having his mother appear as a guest on the phone constantly in the first couple weeks
    * the Power HM thing was 100% lame
    * the live crowd was a real let-down
    * BOTP was wretched

* >:( and the most egregious/obvious fix of all: the very night Kimberly was projected to be evicted, she's suddenly taken ill, Danielle is evicted, and Dexter just happens to be on the BOTS panel? Yeah suuure, it's just a coincidence. Unbelievable. >:(

At least in the future, if they're going to manipulate the whole thing, could they not at least make it a little more subtle? It was so obvious that it was embarrassing. And they need to lighten things up a bit and have more fun. This series was so dark and depressing.
  • What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst thing about the series - Richard Desmond.