Big Brother most complained about show of the year......

Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
Forum Member
....watchdog reports

Ofcom top 10 includes complaints of contestants’ bullying, and Gary Busey’s behaviour in celebrity version of Channel 5 show

Hit show Big Brother was the most complained about show of the year, according to figures from communications watchdog Ofcom.

It received 3,784 complaints about the reality show, which is broadcast on Channel 5, with another 1,874 about its sister show Celebrity Big Brother.

Many of the complaints about the main show centred on the behaviour of its eventual winner, Helen Wood, who was accused of bullying other contestants.

Wood, who achieved a measure of notoriety when she reportedly had an affair with England footballer Wayne Rooney, admitted she had been “out of order” on several occasions in the house but said she was only defending herself.

Viewers also complained to Ofcom about the antics of Hollywood star Gary Busey in the celebrity version of Big Brother.

The eccentric actor – like Wood – clashed with other contestants on his way to winning the show.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/dec/22/big-brother-most-complaints-ofcom

Comments

• The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Isn't Big Brother the most complained about show every year?

This year being no different.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardly surprising this year to be fair

Some real deluded and nasty housemates this year and less said about the winner the better

And looking at the way they are conducting the auditions for 2015, looks like its going to be mostly same again next year
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother has looniest fan base out there.
    And as viewing figures decline the nutters gain a louder voicet,ever eager to complain to an organisation who couldn't give a toss about their inane grizzling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ───────────▄██▄▄ [highlight]honk![/highlight]
    ───────────██▀
    ─▄▄█████▄──██
    ▀█████████▄██▄
    ▒▒▀██████████▀▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒█ .█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒█▄█▄▄▒▒▒▒▒
    ;-):D
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idiots.

Nothing at all was worth complaining about this year. This is why we get watered down, TV for the dumb, because people complain over the silliest of things.

And yes I did watch the same BB as you all before some smart-ass pipes up.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member

I have no idea ..is it?
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    The producers are also at fault, clearly people don't trust their judgement in handling these situations. I mean the racism thing in CBB5, I get the feeling they were just going to let it slide as much as possible and it almost ended up bringing down Channel 4.
    People have gradually lost faith in them.

BB15 was an awful series though, but rather than complain, I just took long breaks from it.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you check the Ofcom bulletins, almost all Big Brother complaints aren't investigated.
    Forum Member
    Big Brother has looniest fan base out there.
    And as viewing figures decline the nutters gain a louder voicet,ever eager to complain to an organisation who couldn't give a toss about their inane grizzling.
    This.^^^^^:D
  • Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at the busy bodies who can't handle a bit of controversy... Who is actually sad enough to complain to Ofcom? It's Big Brother... They should know what to expect when tuning in! Perhaps these killjoys with too much time on their hands should stick to Songs of Praise or Antiques Roadshow...
    Forum Member
    LOL at the busy bodies who can't handle a bit of controversy... Who is actually sad enough to complain to Ofcom? It's Big Brother... They should know what to expect when tuning in! Perhaps these killjoys with too much time on their hands should stick with Songs of Praise or Antiques Roadshow...
    And this^^^^^:D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    LOL at the busy bodies who can't handle a bit of controversy... Who is actually sad enough to complain to Ofcom? It's Big Brother... They should know what to expect when tuning in! Perhaps these killjoys with too much time on their hands should stick to Songs of Praise or Antiques Roadshow...

Probably a lot of complaints are from over-involved fools hoping to get the housemates they don't like thrown out.
  • urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the complaints are from frigging idiots who don't understand the role of Ofcom.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three awful winners back to back probably doesn't help.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ───────────▄██▄▄ [highlight]honk![/highlight]
    ───────────██▀
    ─▄▄█████▄──██
    ▀█████████▄██▄
    ▒▒▀██████████▀▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒█ .█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒█▄█▄▄▒▒▒▒▒

Dave, HERE
    :D
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB could have a series where everyone just sit there in silence on the sofa for 70 days and still garner up the highest complaints of the year. So, nothing to really fuss over.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member

I thought so too. Haven't watched it for two years but last time I did, I complained.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Dave, HERE
    :D:D:D
    Happy Christmas to you too, you old grump ;-):p
    And everyone else ... cantankerous or not. :D
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D:D:D
    Happy Christmas to you too, you old grump ;-):p
    And everyone else ... cantankerous or not. :D
    Heehee..........same to you you thievin' toerag. And less of the old. :p

Hope you & your family have a lovely Christmas.......with lots of cheese.......& things. :D
  • daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    If I watched it these days i would complain. The pits of TV..
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've loved BB since its inception but Helen was the final straw tbh. Putrid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair this list is utter shhhhht!
    For every million people watching 100 people might complain (ok , the figures aren't exactly correct but you know what I mean)

The fact the people complain about BB is brilliant! It should be a controversial show, if I were a producer of BB I'd be celebrating this news. The problem is BB producers take these complaints too seriously and focus on the minority which leaves us with a safe series again and again.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I may moan on here quite verbally, but I'd never run to Ofcom and chance spoiling my favourite TV show!

Hi BB boards, it's good to be back, can't wait for the next series, looking forward to thrashing it out with you all :D

Merry Christmas :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    BB boards, it's good to be back, can't wait for the next series, looking forward to thrashing it out with you all :D
    :D
    Oh god
    *slump*
    :D:D ;-)
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its no surprise, the latest Big Brother was toxic to say the least!. I guess Helen winning pretty much summed up the sort of show it was in 2014.