Superstar : Miss Holden, your thoughts. . .

RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well Miss Holden got the gig and we will have to live with it !

But do you like her, Yeah or Nay?

For my part I'll admit she nearly put me off watching and despite enjoying the show she is about the worst part of it, so much so we have started recording it and delay about 30mins so we can flick past her mega dull bits.

Who else could ITV have used to replace Mr Norton. . . ?

What about Denise van Outen or Gabby Roslin, what about even Dermot O'Leary even?

Any opinions out there?

Comments

• Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,105
    Forum Member
    I don't like her and never have. She's always been a talentless bimbo to me and has this air of desperation about her - desperate to be liked I mean.

I must admit, I very nearly didn't watch Superstar just because of her, but I've decided to ignore her. It's just a shame the programme is a daily thing rather than weekly.
  • Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loathe her! I've seen her acting, presenting and being 'herself' in interviews and I can't stand her in any guises
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's dreadful on the scale of Holly Willoughby on The Voice. But I think ITV had the obvious best candidate in Paul O'Grady, he also has a lot of musical theatre experience.

Shame he's so pissed off at them after the Coronation Street Musical debacle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was better last night - a little more relaxed and less stagey and shrill.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not keen on her to be honest. I think I would prefer Ant & Dec or Dermot O'Leary.

I also agree with waz that Holly Willoughby wasn't great for The Voice. She has the completely wrong personality type for it so at least Amanda Holden isn't that far wrong for this type of show IMHO.
  • sazuburnssazuburns Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Wooden presenting, plastic face. A real turn off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    waz101 wrote: »
    I don't think she's dreadful on the scale of Holly Willoughby on The Voice. But I think ITV had the obvious best candidate in Paul O'Grady, he also has a lot of musical theatre experience.

Shame he's so pissed off at them after the Coronation Street Musical debacle.
    She's growing on me. I agree she's so much better than Holly on "The Voice". I beginning to like the show a lot more and unusually I quite like her as host.

:p Usually she annoys the crap out of me!
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's woeful. No charisma or personality, just a pretty face. Last night, she even struggled with the autocue reading, which led to a :confused: moment where she said something along the lines of "Boys, before the sing-off, Andrew has some....................... notes for you."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    She's terrible. By far the worst thing about the show, and that includes Dawn French's predictable and slightly creepy leering.

Why this woman keeps getting presenting work, I've no idea. Not likeable at all.
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She serves a purpose and is very professional but isn't this a bit of a come down for her?
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if you did a computer hologram download of a tv presenter Amanda is what you would get.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if you did a computer hologram download of a tv presenter Amanda is what you would get.
    :) Morph her with Anthea Turner/Cat Deeley and "BINGO" there's the perfect presenter. (Or just maybe, your worst nightmare)
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D