Pixie's exit from Strictly Come Dancing - the mega outrage thread (merged)

Comments

• blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really has not much to do with dance at this level of the comp. It boils down to the public voting for their fave. Also Trent didnt do them any favours smirking at Len because he was going to be doing two dances where he could do lifts next week. It pays to keep in with the judges, Trent will have learnt this the hard way!
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I blame it on the boogie.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Wow this theory is a little crazy.:o
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is tactical voting like when you vote Lib Dem and Eric Pickles gets in?
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you mean trent... Also Kevin Would have less time with frankie as he was ill.
    Corrected

Frankie's routine was also off the usual standards and marked down.

I think Kevin's illness impacted frankie too. But she got more public votes.
  • Cal ChristopherCal Christopher Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    What a load of bollocks, excuse my language.

It was nobody bar those who didn't vote for Pixie's fault for her departure, not Kevin's - the man was ill for crying out loud!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Well Pixie also spent a LOT of time promoting her single and album this week, so I'm sure that impacted her training time more than Trent missing a max 3-4 hours to rehearse that routine.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Here's what really happened I reckon:
    - Kevin was ill so the producers gave his pro routine to Trent
    - Trent put less time in with Pixie as a result.
    - Pixie gets an average routine
    - Pixie gets eliminated
    - Kevin gets to go to the final.

Blimey is there no end to the conspiracy threads? I blame the Roswell aliens.
  • Baz_JamesBaz_James Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry. But everybody's missing the obvious here. It was Prince Philip. We all know his anti-Australian feelings since republicanism started making progress down under. Unless it was Putin. Yeah, I bet it was Putin. Mind you, it was a full moon, so there's that. And ...
    Forum Member
    BlueMagic wrote: »
    Well Pixie also spent a LOT of time promoting her single and album this week, so I'm sure that impacted her training time more than Trent missing a max 3-4 hours to rehearse that routine.

She still ended up second on the leaderboard. The public simply didn't vote for her.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is little that Kevin is not responsible for if you just look in the right light, the evil tsunami-causing, snivelling, male-child slaughtering, overdancing bastard
  • Baz_JamesBaz_James Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nah. They watch X-Factor!
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was the segment with Trent even recorded that night? Some people have said that the bands are recorded on different weekends to when they are shown.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pebrox wrote: »
    That early salsa has really pulled him through, in my opinion. It seemed to get him a swell of public support early on and his many poor performances afterwards have been glossed over.

Yes, I think you're right - and it was such a pile of poo with no real salsa content and a lot of shaking of the posterior. Really naff.

He barely dances. He just walks from one position to another while she writhes around him doing all the flash stuff. A dancer's (my) nightmare.

It's quite painful to watch him when you know what he is doing is complete and utter rubbish with no substance :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    She still ended up second on the leaderboard. The public simply didn't vote for her.

Thanks the waltzathon, she was joint third before that. 35 is a very low score for her. But I agree, no public support this week.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh don't be effing ridiculous.
    You mean The Borrowers.
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    She was second on the leaderboard. Blame - if you need to "blame" anyone - the public who didn't find sufficient reasons to vote for her.

The sooner people grasp that instead of looking to find blame elsewhere - with the producers, the judges, the other celebs, etc, the better.

She was high on the leaderboard - artificially so since she got up that high (as did Frankie) with the waltzathon which naturally favoured male pros. The celebs that people are claiming should have gone instead were ranked below her - her going out tonight was entirely down to the public vote. That simple.
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is laughable, some people on this forum have a unhealthy hatred for Kevin, its quite scary.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt Trent missed any training time with Pixie, the pros were training for their pro dance until late at least two nights last week.
  • franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, but why was Kevin ill in the first place? The plot thickens! A certain pro dancer who formerly went by the name "Rent-a-pro" exited the competition and almost immediately both Kevin and Pasha fall ill. Suspicious, no? Brendan clearly gave a "cold" type virus to both Kevin and Pasha in the hope that he might once again get to ride to the rescue and dance with one of the front runners! Now Trent wasn't actually ill this week, or at least not as far as we know, but the BBC would want to cover up any backstage rumours if it turned out that Trent was disgustingly healthy and Brendan took... further steps... to remove him from the training room.*

And yes, Tristan has been terrible as Pixie's pro partner. Do you know, I don't think I've seen him training her even once!

*I'm hoping people know that this isn't serious. I'm not actually accusing Brendan of poisoning people.
  • PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    Yes, I think you're right - and it was such a pile of poo with no real salsa content and a lot of shaking of the posterior. Really naff.

He barely dances. He just walks from one position to another while she writhes around him doing all the flash stuff. A dancer's (my) nightmare.

It's quite painful to watch him when you know what he is doing is complete and utter rubbish with no substance :(

Yes, and then there was the samba...! Not sure I've recovered from that :p
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's what really happened I reckon:
    - Kevin was ill so the producers gave his pro routine to Trent
    - Trent put less time in with Pixie as a result.
    - Pixie gets an average routine
    - Pixie gets eliminated
    - Kevin gets to go to the final.

And they would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids
    Forum Member
    Oh don't be effing ridiculous.
    You mean The Borrowers.

Lol:D:D
  • MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they tactically voted for others and it has backfired big time. It does not automatically follow that she was unpopular
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    And the viewing public are controlled by who! They didn't vote enough for her.

A fiendish mind control transmitter housed in a bunker in Grimsby.