Katy B announces new album 'Little Red'

Comments

• spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't stop listening to Crying For No Reason. It really is one of the best songs I've heard in years and her vocals are fantastic! Roll on next week for the new album!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is streaming on the iTunes store (click the Katy B banner on the home page) if anyone wants to have a listen. :D

I couldn't wait until Monday and caved... Still, Emotions and Sapphire Blue are my favourite three. Such a brilliant album - hope it's deservedly huge. Pretty sure it'll be one of my favourite albums of the year.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only song i don't like is Play
    There is something about it i can't put my finger on.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I just can't stop listening to Crying For No Reason. It really is one of the best songs I've heard in years and her vocals are fantastic! Roll on next week for the new album!

Agree! The lyrics, melody, beat and vocals come together perfectly. I absolutely love it. :cry:

I'm going to wait until I have the physical before listening. It deserves the best (my proper speakers). :cry:
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I've just preordered this album. :)
    Forum Member
    I'm listening to the stream on iTunes at the moment.

I'm not that keen at the moment, though I have pre-ordered. Hopefully it will grow on me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I'm not that really keen at the moment, the only songs I like at the moment is Next Thing, Aaliyah, Everything and Crying For No Reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if the deluxe songs are out yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Deluxe version arrived in my iTunes today.

Early release date for Ireland again I guess :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Deluxe version arrived in my iTunes today.

Early release date for Ireland again I guess :)

Indeed :D I got mine last night!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The deluxe songs are ok but actually spoil the flow of the album. I will stick with the standard. I feel the standard has a start, middle and end.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A little underwhelmed but I still love it and hope it gets her to number 1 next week. Everything is a brilliant track though, the albums worth it simply for that song
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All my loving is my most played song at the moment

I hope she really smashes with this album. It's such a fantastic album.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The deluxe tracks are brilliant!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know where you can download the album in the 128bpks quality version?
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    I've only heard Crying For No Reason in full and it's my new obsession. I love everything about it. When I get my new itunes voucher I'll definitely be downloading the album.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Number 1 on iTunes! :D
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can listen to it for free on Spotify. :)
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good album and I'm surprised to like it actually but had to give it a listen after the brilliant 'Crying for no reason'.

Hope this does wonders for her :)
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the sheer brilliance of 5AM and Crying For No Reason I'm a little disappointed with the album on first listen. I really like Still, that's a great song but the rest leave me a little cold so far. I'll have to give it a few more listens before I properly judge it. I actually think the bonus deluxe edition tracks are better than a lot of the standard version songs though.
    Forum Member
    My copy of the album arrived this morning. I don't know why they've put just one song on the second disc though. It would have made sense to either add more tracks or just stick the last track on the first disc.

I've only heard up until "Tumbling Down" at the moment but I like it. I was listening to it in my car this morning.

I much prefer the album version of "Aaliyah" to the EP version. I like that they have shortened it slightly, I felt that the EP version was too long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mimicole, it isn't one song. It's a continuous mix of the album. It does say on the album.
    Forum Member
    Mimicole, it isn't one song. It's a continuous mix of the album. It does say on the album.

Ahh right okay! :) Didn't realise that. I thought that it was a mix of one song called Little Red.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Ahh right okay! :) Didn't realise that. I thought that it was a mix of one song called Little Red.

Please tell me you are kidding..? :o

Bought the album today and can't wait to listen to it properly. I actually just downloaded 'What Love is Made Of' from iTunes just to tag on the end on my iPod. I don't download usually, but it's such a waste! :D
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bought my deluxe edition today (Took a while to find somewhere that had the delux). Really brilliant. Big step up, on the already brilliant debut album. I really didn't like I Like It at all though, just a big dud in the album for me, although possibly because it comes after Crying For No Reason. Still is probably my favourite song on the album...