2013 Classic Series DVD releases.

Comments

• grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when does the new DWM come out in shops?

Tomorrow but subscribers get it early.
  • Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    Tomorrow but subscribers get it early.

bloody hell cant wait! when do you think pre orders will come out for scream of the shalka, the moonbase, the tenth planet and the complete 7th series?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bloody hell cant wait! when do you think pre orders will come out for scream of the shalka, the moonbase, the tenth planet and the complete 7th series?

I've heard that amazon France has s7 up for pre order for 28th august. Don't know if its true or not but 25 euros seems cheap for 5 disc it is stated to have. We should find out soon if the date is correct or not.as for the rest haven't a clue but as they are at least 5 months away there isn't any hurry at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what is the BBC shop promotional code for this month?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RPO513 I believe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RPO513 I believe

just tried it and it says invalided code?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New dwm confirms moonbase for october with animation from the same team that did reign and tenth planet.

Delighted that The Moonbase is finally going to be released with it's two missing episodes animated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    just tried it and it says invalided code?

It's now RP0513, it appears they've changed their system!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has anybody got an email from BBC shop to say they have dispatched the visitation SE?
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moonbase 21st october.

Tenth planet 18th November are the dates stated.

Hooray! That makes the list:

The Visitation (SE): UK: May 6th, US: May 14th
    Inferno (SE): UK: May 27th, US: June 11th
    Dalek Movies (Blu-Ray): UK: May 27th
    The Mind of Evil: UK: June 3rd, US: June 11th
    Regeneration: UK: June 10th(?)
    Doctors Revisited 1-4: US: June 11th
    Spearhead From Space (Blu-Ray): UK: July 15th, US: August 13th (?)
    The Green Death (SE): UK: August 5th, US: August 13th (?)
    The Ice Warriors: UK: August 26th, US: September 10th (?)
    Scream of the Shalka: UK: September 16th, US: October 8th (?)
    Terror of the Zygons: UK: September 30th, US: October 8th (?)
    The Moonbase: UK: October 21st, US: November 12 (?)
    The Tenth Planet: UK: November 18th, US: December 10th (?)

and

The Underwater Menace: Episode 2

With possible future Special Editions:

The Dalek Invasion of Earth
    The Web Planet
    The Mind Robber
    Genesis of the Daleks
    Pyramids of Mars
    The Hand of Fear
    Horror of Fang Rock
    City of Death
    The Leisure Hive
    Earthshock
    The Mark of the Rani
    The Two Doctors
    Revelation of the Daleks
    Ghost Light
    The Curse of Fenric

And with possible future completed by animation releases:

The Underwater Menace
    The Crusade

I am so happy that they now own the software so that they can make and release all of the missing episodes at a decent pace. At this rate, it should only take them about four or five years to replace all of the missing episodes. :)
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has anybody got an email from BBC shop to say they have dispatched the visitation SE?

Not yet, but the current status of mine is Released for Dispatch so will be posted today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon we will get menace early 2014. Reign was delivered June 2012 and i read somewhere that the animation of tp was expected to be delivered march. I don't think they would have just finished tenth planet in that time frame. I reckon moonbase was also done in that time. That would make it an ep every 3 months. Even if they got started in march i can see them finishing menace about September time giving it just enough turnaround time to be released in january/February time. Followed by crusade about 6 months later if it does appear on the list and with a couple of special editions inbetween that could pretty much be the end for the range. It will be 15 years next year and it kind of feels like it is the right time to stop. I doubt the budget situation will have changed by this time next year regarding stories with more than 2 EPS missing and cant see the range surviving just on special editions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon we will get menace early 2014. Reign was delivered June 2012 and i read somewhere that the animation of tp was expected to be delivered march. I don't think they would have just finished tenth planet in that time frame. I reckon moonbase was also done in that time. That would make it an ep every 3 months. Even if they got started in march i can see them finishing menace about September time giving it just enough turnaround time to be released in january/February time. Followed by crusade about 6 months later if it does appear on the list and with a couple of special editions inbetween that could pretty much be the end for the range. It will be 15 years next year and it kind of feels like it is the right time to stop. I doubt the budget situation will have changed by this time next year regarding stories with more than 2 EPS missing and cant see the range surviving just on special editions.

Is it possible they could just about afford to upgrade to 3 episodes?

(also just got an email to say the visitation SE has been dispatched)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible they could just about afford to upgrade to 3 episodes?

(also just got an email to say the visitation SE has been dispatched)

At the moment on the current budget 2 is barely affordable. In a year's time I doubt if costs will have dropped enough. Maybe a couple of years down the line say 2016 but I doubt it will be within 2 year's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something thats just been said on Gallifrey Base about the Season 7 part 2 DVD's.

The release date is 20/5/13, the date of the last episode is 18/5/13, with pre-orders from the BBC Shop usually arriving on the Saturday before release, you could potentially have the final episode before its on TV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wayne814 wrote: »
    Something thats just been said on Gallifrey Base about the Season 7 part 2 DVD's.

The release date is 20/5/13, the date of the last episode is 18/5/13, with pre-orders from the BBC Shop usually arriving on the Saturday before release, you could potentially have the final episode before its on TV

dam, i am waiting to get the complete series box set, but to anyone getting this, good luck!
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't' something similar happen with the final episode of Torchwood season 2 with the entire episode synopsis appearing online before the episode was transmitted?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't' something similar happen with the final episode of Torchwood season 2 with the entire episode synopsis appearing online before the episode was transmitted?

It was Children of Earth; the final episode was on torrent sites before it was broadcast due to people getting the dvd early. Same thing happened on one of the seasons of 24, if I recall correctly.
  • Matt7Matt7 Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The same with Amazon. I pre ordered The Visitation Special Edition and it arrived today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt7 wrote: »
    The same with Amazon. I pre ordered The Visitation Special Edition and it arrived today.

Amazon are not known for posting early though, hoping my copy of the Visitation arrives from BBC shop tomorrow.

Not ordering the Season 7 DVD will wait for the complete set.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon are not known for posting early though, hoping my copy of the Visitation arrives from BBC shop tomorrow.

Not ordering the Season 7 DVD will wait for the complete set.

same here dude, got my order Wednesday night saying it was dispatched,so should come tomorrow!
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sacked amazon off because they were always delivering on wed or Thurs after a Monday release and Dr who releases are now cheaper in asda.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sacked amazon off because they were always delivering on wed or Thurs after a Monday release and Dr who releases are now cheaper in asda.

why not get them from BBC shop?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The problem with asda for me is that there isn't one close to me, plus that last couple of times i have went to an asda to get one on release day they haven't had it in and my local sainsburys don't get any of the classic releases in, so its always BBC Shop for pre-orders and sometimes use Amazon but its usually if i don't pre-order it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else got the visitation SE yet? still not arrived but i think that is because we have stupid postmen here in Banbury who don't deliver till 3:00PM!