Options

XF: UK vs US vs OZ | Series 2 | Live Show 2

Comments

• Options
    Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see you as a little girl who takes pop hits and puts her own signature on them and I'll be honest, for me the song choice didn't suityou tonight but I appreciate that your mentor wanted to show versatility etc. The vocals did sound a bit deeper than normal but I think you pull that through pretty well
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drew, for this theme, we wanted to go back to your Country roots because I had a love song in mind for you which needed to be within your style. And now tonight, I feel so glad to have taken this route with you as you came on stage and you controlled your vocal range to the best of your ability. So here is to next week, Drew, we'll have a chance to come back with a roaring performance!
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to Team Quirky now and another of David’s acts. She’s absolutely lovesick this week but she’s going to perform anyway – Kitty Brucknell everybody!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN0Vk4iZwxg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally understand that your mentor wanted to show a different side to you, but tonight I felt the vocals were not strong enough for you tonight. It was a bit too soft for you, it was almost like you were whispering especially at the start of thesong.If you are here next week, Id like to hear some solid vocals and seeyou go crazy on stage (in a good way) as I think your personality is one of the ingredients that makes you, as a performer. but sorry about the vocals tonight, I didn't like it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Kitty Brucknell

Kitty, once again you have impressed me. It was beautiful, and I am love sick because I just want to hear you sing it again. Your vocals were as good as always, and on the 1st show I said you were an underdog. I don`t think you are actually, because I think you`re one of my biggest competition to beat!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kitty, I loved hearing that song as I have never heard it before. However, I'm afraid that this song choice wasn't right for you as your voice wasn't well suited for the song. I feel that tonight, you may be in trouble, but if you're here next week, I hope your mentor gives you a chance to come back stronger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only other Boy remaining in the competition now and hoping his opportunity doesn’t drive by, it’s Reece Mastin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if9PDZnRVlc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Reece Mastin

Reece I liked it. It was nice to see a completely different side of you from last week. It had a bit of edgy side to it, and you were nice to watch up there. The only thing is that I don`t know if you`ll become a bit predictable, but I`m sure you won`t and you`ll do something different to this. You weren`t the best of tonight, but you weren`t the worst either. I don`t know if your safe, but I hope you are!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reece, I have to be honest and say that I was not expecting that performance to start with a huge upbeat beginning. You have taken me by surprise tonight with that attack and rock style and I feel that it was an improvement from last week. You could be a major darkhorse for this Series and I found myself enjoying it tonight. Well done Reece.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last week, you sang a Selena Gomez song so I don't understand how the word 'predictable' can be thrown around tonight. Nevertheless, That was an amazing cover of that song,I loved it more that the original to be honest. You area pop rock artist and the song absolutely suited you well tonight.. Loveand Romance is the theme this week and you kept it young & fun and you rocked that stage. Great Performance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the Over 25s and here’s an older lady who wants to share her voice with you and I, it’s Stacy Francis!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsa_Yck616w
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stacy Francis

Stacy that person on there didn`t sound anything like you, but apart from that it was ok.....That`s all I can say, because you didn`t really do anything for me, that made me think oh my god stacy. It was better than some tonight, but I think you`re lucky if you avoid the bottom 3!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like that song. I liked the singers voice in that cover. It was good tonight but I thought you were a bit limited in that songs when it comes to your range which is whats giving me doubts but the notes that you comfortably hit were amazing. but you are capable of a lot more. Well Done though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacey, last week you were on a roll but tonight, I'm afraid that momentum may be going down after that performance. Even though it was a cover, it didn't quite fit your vocal style and I do think that it was almost close to being predictable as well. I have a funny feeling that you might be in trouble tonight but we'll see later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The groups now and these boys want to tell you there ain’t no woman who can take away their love – it’s The Risk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5pPZmjStuA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Risk

Woah!!! Boys you were absolutely incredible on that stage. Listen to the audience. They`re going wild for you. It was really lively, and you definitely entertained everyone in this room. I really cannot express how hard these boys work. You have to be here next week, because you were by far one of the best tonight!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know that Im a big fan of you inside and outside the competition. The song choice wasn't the best you could have gone with to be quite honest, It just didn't give me the feeling that a love song should give but you certainly aren't the worst tonight. It was between good and okay. The rapping was okay too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Charlie:If I wrote you a symphony,
    Just to say how much you mean to me (what would you do?)
    If I told you you were beautiful
    Would you date me on the regular (tell me, would you?)

Ashford:Well, baby I've been around the world
    But I ain't seen myself another girl (like you)
    This ring here represents my heart
    But there's just one thing I need from you (say "I do")

[Chorus:]
    All:Yeah, because
    I can see us holding hands
    Walking on the beach, our toes in the sand
    I can see us on the countryside
    Sitting on the grass, laying side by side
    You could be my baby, let me make you my lady
    Girl, you amaze me
    Ain't gotta do nothing crazy
    See, all I want you to do is be my love
    (So don't give away) My love
    (So don't give away) Ain't another woman that can take your spot, my love
    Ooooh, girl
    My love
    My love

Andrew:Now, if I wrote you a love note
    And made you smile with every word I wrote (what would you do?)
    Would that make you want to change your scene
    And wanna be the one on my team (tell me, would you?)

Ashford:See, what's the point of waiting anymore?
    Cause girl I've never been more sure (that baby, it's you)
    This ring here represents my heart
    And everything that you've been waiting for (just say "I do")

All:Yeah, because
    I can see us holding hands
    Girl, you amaze me
    Ooooh, girl
    My love
    My love

Derry:Alright it's time to get it JT
    I don't know why she hesitates for man
    Shorty, cool as a fan
    On the new once again
    But, still has fan from Peru to Japan
    Listen baby, I don't wanna ruin your plan
    If you got a man, try to lose him if you can
    Cause the girls worldwide throw their hands up high
    When they wanna come kick it wit a stand up guy
    (Trust me) You don't really wanna let the chance go by
    'cause you ain't been seen wit a man so fly
    Baby friends so fly I can go fly
    Private, cause I handle my B.I.
    They call me candle guy, simply because I am on fire
    I hate to have to cancel my vacation so you can't deny
    I'm patient, but I ain't gonna try
    You don't come, I ain't gonna die
    Hold up, what you mean, you can't go why?
    Me and your boyfriend we ain't no tie
    You say you wanna kick it when I ain't so high?
    Well, baby it's obvious that I ain't your guy
    Ain't gon' lie, I feel your space
    But forget your face, I swear I will
    St. Bart, St. Bulla anywhere I chill
    Just bring wit me a pair, I will

All:I can see us holding hands
    Girl, you amaze me
    (Love) My love
    (Love) My love
    (Love) Ain't another woman that can take your spot, my love
    (Love) My love
    (Love) My love
    (Love) Ain't another woman that can take your spot, my love
    Ooooh, girl
    My love
    My love
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boys, last week, you were very great and impressive. Tonight, I give your mentor credit for choosing an unexpected song, but I felt that the song was a bit hard for you to sing and the style didn't really go up to the level of performance that we have seen before. That said, I liked that it was a different song compared to the other songs we have hard tonight so far and the rapping was impressive too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The third and final of Steve’s Girls now and it’s funny because it’s Christina Parie singing Christina Aguilera J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT_o2EHbrns
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Hey... I'm here now :)

Comments up to the Risk...

Craig Colton
    I thought you gave a fairly good performance during the last show, however I think you could be in trouble of getting a little predictable after this performance. The vocals were great and as I said previously you've got a good tone to your voice, I just wasn't wild about the song choice. It's a fairly recent song and fairly big and therefore if you attempt to sing it without totally changing it up its just going to sound karaoke and really I don't see that as a good way of going in these type of competitions. I don't think it's helped by the fact you were given a fairly similar song for your first performance. I hope Kuda doesn't repetitively give you a female ballad song sung in a male style as after your first two performances it doesn't feel as though you've really shown us a different side to you week on week. I think you could be in trouble tonight after that performance.

Mitchell Callaway
    The surprise of the competition so far and that was another good performance from you tonight. It was understated and beautifully sung. Sometimes you don't need the big moments in songs in order to sell them and for people to take notice and I think that this is one of those occasions. It was great because it was a simple arrangement; you managed to get the tone of your voice across and the emotion of the lyrics. Not every performance could be like this, but as a one off showing a different side to you as a performer is a good move and again I think puts you in contention of staying in this competition for a long time. You I think are the one to watch and will be good to see you develop over the course of the competition

Lakoda Rayne
    Girls, that was a nice and safe performance from you and possibly after being in the sing off last week that it needed to be in order for you to establish yourselves. The vocals were great and I like the way the verses built up to the chorus'. I think you are heading in the right direction and I would be surprised if you were in trouble again this week. It was a million miles better than your first performance. I hope though that because of your sing off appearance that you won't be afraid in future shows to take some risks. Good job this week though.

Janet Devlin
    I was actually taken a little surprise by that performance but it completely worked and was good to hear you singing something a little different but still being able to give it your Devlin twang. I think it also puts to bed the claims you're not an adaptable or versatile act. I can't imagine that being everyone's cup of tea though, but I really enjoyed it; you took a risk and for me it paid off. Well done to you and to Steve for being creative in picking his songs for you.

Declan Skyes
    Another fantastic performance from you, I thought initially that you could be in trouble with the first live show as you're a bit unknown, however we have so many ideas for you and it's good to see you getting the support from the voters. Vocally that was stronger than last week and you look so much more comfortable on stage too, the building up of the song allowed you to show off the power in your voice and also your tone. It was a knockout performance and I really hope that you get the public and judges support again as there is so much more to be done with you; so PLEASE VOTE DECLAN! Also well done on breaking the run of very slow ballads tonight!

Drew
    I thought you stole the show last week with your performance, this week I think that it was still a very good performance butt possibly not as strong as the week before. I found the song to be slightly dull; however I think the vocals were amazing, it would just have been good to see you come out and give us another Wow moment. I know not every song has that ability and it was still a very good performance, just I think after the high standard of last week it was difficult to match it. I think you'll have no problems raking in the votes and I want to see how you will adapt to future themes.

Kitty Brucknell
    Kitty, another stunning performance from you and one that strips away the gimmicks, back to basics and just have you singing with your beautiful vocals and beautiful interpretation of the lyrics. I know that last week's performance was possibly a bit marmite, but I hope this week has given people a glimpse at a different side to you as a performer and a more emotional side. As with my acts, I really hope people get behind you and give you the vote tonight; so many ideas for you and I hope I get to show them off. PLEASE VOTE KITTY BRUCKNELL!!!

Reece Mastin
    A big improvement on last week and much more keeping in tune with who you are as an artist. I think the vocals were excellent, the stage presence was great and you have a lot of watchability when you're performing. I also liked that this was a slightly heavily arrangement than the one usually sung by Train. However because of how popular the song is and how fitting it is for your as an artist I come back to the word that I was banging on about in last week's show and that's karaoke. It would be good to see you do something which wasn't so mainstream and therefore comparison to the original is less as we don't have any preconceived ideas. Or if you do do a very mainstream song it would be good to see the arrangement completely changed or flipped. As I said it's a massive improvement on last week so well done.

Stacy Francis
    Well done on making it through the first live show and tonight well done on getting up there and singing something a bit more up to date and current. My one gripe last time was that the song felt a bit dated and as a Over I think that can be a bit of a bad thing as you could get accused of not being very relevant. However I think this was a good song pick and Noonan has done very well this evening showcasing the over's category. Congratulations on another strong performance and I'd be surprised if you were in trouble tonight.

The Risk
    I thought that was an improvement on Firework last week and a lot more stand out, I think the harmonies were fantastic and you really work well as a group supporting each other vocally. I also think style wise this is a good direction to go. The rap was an interesting choice for you and I think it just about worked for you; it was a big improvement on last week and it's good to see that Pingu is choosing some good songs for you. Well Done tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christina Parie

Christina, I loved it. You were good last week, but this week you were even better. You were lively and I nearly got up and danced I loved it so much. Your vocals stayed on top form, and you were one of the best outside my category tonight, and I`m not even worried for you because you`re so good!!
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Christina Parie
    A different side to you as a performer this evening and its good to see you come on stage and let rip with a completely different style. Your vocals were really incredible and you showed off the great tone that you have. My only criticism of that performance is that at times the chorus' were a bit on the shouty side and it just needed to be softened up slighty. However overall it was another strong performance from you and I can see you going a long way in this competition. Well done tonight and well done Steve for picking that song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was an awesome performance, even your facial expressions added a bit more attitude to the performance.We got to hear your higher register on the chorus which was very good. I think you were one of the best tonight so Well Done
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo! Now THAT is how you do a cover ladies and gentleman! Christina my rock girl, once again you came on stage and blew me and the audience away. Last week was a calm and cool style but for this theme, we went with for an upbeat song in a different style and by goodness, you smashed it. What an amazing girl I am working with right here, I'm definitely proud of you tonight, Christina!