Options

Name of this show?

RoxysirenRoxysiren Posts: 443
Forum Member
Can anyone help me remember a show which might have been on a couple of years back, I can't remember exactly.

I think it was C4 or ITV, 3 brothers and their grown-up families moved into a "posh house" with servents and head butler. I think the end goal was some kind of inheritence or title and each week someone was evicted from the house. There was a twist in that the servants had a vote in saying who had coped the best all week with the various upper class social activities they had to take part in and on how well they manged the staff. One of the couples had a few arguments and the wife of another couple done nothing but moan all the time. She wouldn't eat any of the food the chef prepared and he took much offence.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember it but not sure of the title.
    Did a quick google and came up with this

"Masters and Servants" (2003)
    TV-Series
    Plot Summary:A documentary series exploring the lives of servants and masters in modern day society. The cameras follow the action for a period of two weeks

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377224/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aliasjones wrote: »
    I remember it but not sure of the title.
    Did a quick google and came up with this

"Masters and Servants" (2003)
    TV-Series
    Plot Summary:A documentary series exploring the lives of servants and masters in modern day society. The cameras follow the action for a period of two weeks

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377224/

Thanks for the reply but it wasn't that show. It wasn't a swap over type show, the servants were proper staff doing their job. I recall the families went shooting in one episode and held a dinner party in another. I'm sure they were sent to live in a well known "big house" in London. I think I spotted the couple who argued all the time later on one of those Jeremy Kyle type shows as they were having a fued over payment for a car as they had split up by then. The wife may have been called Sylvia.

Cheers :)
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    that was on quite recently wasn't it?

some of the participants were quite over weight and they had to host an evening with real gentry at it, and try to convince them that they were in fact wealthy not just pretending to be.

Some of the family members got quite jealous then as they had no chance of winning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it called "Manor House" ?
    Heres the website for it http://www.pbs.org/manorhouse/index.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks again but it wasn't Manor House either.

It was in the present not trying to replicate past times or anything. Kind of along the lines of Ladette to Ladies. There was a fair bit of squabbling between the ladies of the house and the various daughters one of whom done really well mixing with the "toffs" when required.

:)