Gmail Accounts help.

HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
Forum Member
I opened a Gmail account earlier this year and am very pleased with this type of email system. Naturally I have my own Gmail address.
Now my partner wants her own Gmail account and email address as well. How do I go about this from Google's home page? Do I sign out of my account and then get her to register her own details and choose a suitable email address and password?
If this is so how will it then appear on my Google Home page? Do I get a drop down menu when I sign in again, showing both our names?

I don't want to be over wordy with this question but I think you all know what I mean even though my question is clumsily posed. :confused:

Comments

• radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Just go to the G Mail page & get your friend to sign up for a new account
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    Do I sign out of my account and then get her to register her own details and choose a suitable email address and password?

that will work
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    If this is so how will it then appear on my Google Home page? Do I get a drop down menu when I sign in again, showing both our names?

There's a little button in the top right corner just at the end of your email address. clicking it gives you various options one of which is switch account You may need to enable this however (I can't remember if it's on by default)
    • from your gmail - click on the setting button
    • click on the accounts and import set of settings
    • 3rd one down is other google account settings
    • Then under personal settings multiple sign in edit it to on
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    that will work

There's a little button in the top right corner just at the end of your email address. clicking it gives you various options one of which is switch account You may need to enable this however (I can't remember if it's on by default)
    • from your gmail - click on the setting button
    • click on the accounts and import set of settings
    • 3rd one down is other google account settings
    • Then under personal settings multiple sign in edit it to on

Many thanks. Actually it's at the top of the list under 'Other Google Account Settings' Opening up that window I can see the 'multiple account' sign in.
    Thanks again.