[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have my debit card at the ready, I actually love the look of this phone
  • Options
    Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks better than the S3 imo. If I didn't have the Nexus 4, then I might of considered this as my next phone. It would take a lot to sway me away from stock Android mind.
  • Options
    Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Floating touch looks good, stops mucky finger prints all over your screen.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

or just watch the whole thing live at www.youtube.com/samsungmobile
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    That cannot be the S4, it's just a cut and paste and slot in between the Note2 and the S3. Samsung really need to start innovating and soon.

In fact the pic could be a S3 or Note 2.

All the innovation has gone into Touchwiz apparently.
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Poy wrote: »
    So pretty much exactly the same as the S3 i have, i see no reason to upgrade.

So the only reason you would upgrade is if it looked different? Pretty pathetic really.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    or just watch the whole thing live at www.youtube.com/samsungmobile

Thanks for the link :D
  • Options
    daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if it looks exactly like the s3 ill probly move to the One or xperia Z i think. the latter of the two is more likely due to the SD slot
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,484
    Forum Member
    Mythica wrote: »
    So the only reason you would upgrade is if it looked different? Pretty pathetic really.

Why would i upgrade to something that is pretty much a carbon copy of the phone i already have? :confused:

Unless they introduce some new 'WOW' innovative features then i would just be paying for beefed up specs.

My S3 runs perfectly smoothly at the minute with the current specs it has.

In the video, the scrolling down the page without touching hardly worked for him.
  • Options
    Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see many people wasting an upgrade on this phone, not with so many new devices on the horizon. If you have an S3 why tie into a new 24 month contract for more of the same when you could wait 4-6 months and get ya hands on something like the rumored xPhone.

The craziest thing is the efforts Samsung went to, to attempt to mock Apple for doing exactly what they seem to be about to do.I seriously can't see the images leaked so far being the S4.I mean what separates it from the Note 2?Is it basically a hacked down Note 2 in preparation for the Note 3. Or is it a stretched S3? But one thing is for sure, Its not an innovative fresh design.
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    Floating touch looks good, stops mucky finger prints all over your screen.

I'm finding it hard to believe that these are the wow functions. The floating touch needed to be so close to the screen (as you would expect) that I'm not sure I really understand the benefit.

The smart pause, well, the guy made such a deliberate movement to look away, I can only assume it works better than how it was demonstrated.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    daclick wrote: »
    if it looks exactly like the s3 ill probly move to the One or xperia Z i think. the latter of the two is more likely due to the SD slot

You will get what will probably be an inferior product because it looks similar to the s3?

IPhone users have been buying the same model for 5 years ;)
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Looks like the iPhone boys are getting nervous about the next world leading manufacturer release.

Even Phil the schill feels he needs to way in with a slagging off of Samsung worried much apple :D

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/14/us-apple-schiller-idUSBRE92C1FQ20130314
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree the "must look different" thing is a bit silly. Didn't Samsung themselves lampoon such attitudes in one of their commercials? ;)

http://youtu.be/FVkH9Hgvda4?t=13s
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Looks like the iPhone boys are getting nervous about the next world leading manufacturer release.

Even Phil the schill feels he needs to way in with a slagging off of Samsung worried much apple :D

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/14/us-apple-schiller-idUSBRE92C1FQ20130314

Schiller talks nearly as much rubbish as Hugh does :D
    the out-of-the-box experience of using an Android device is far inferior with the consumer having to log into nine different systems to begin using the device fully.

No-one can figure out what nine logins he alludes to though. Anyone care to take a stab? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree the "must look different" thing is a bit silly. Didn't Samsung themselves lampoon such attitudes in one of their commercials? ;)

http://youtu.be/FVkH9Hgvda4?t=13s

I don't think there is any need for the device to look different, but you must concede that for a while people have attempted to criticise Apple for not changing their look, so it is hardly surprising that Samsung would not now get the same criticism, otherwise some on here would just look like hypocrits.
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No-one can figure out what nine logins he alludes to though. Anyone care to take a stab? :D

I've been trying to figure this out.

Thus far I have failed. On my Nexus 7 is logged into gmail and that was it. Similar with my 808, I logged into gmail.

My iPhone 4S though, as its a corporate device ...
    - gmail
    - apple account (hadn't been used in years, needed a password reset)
    - exchange account (with separate security required)

He is very probably talking out of his posterior. I thought the guy used to be fairly literate and competent, whereas his commentary is pure rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    while people have attempted to criticise Apple for not changing their look, so it is hardly surprising that Samsung would not now get the same criticism, otherwise some on here would just look like hypocrits.

The complaints against apple are generally its stale UI design not the hardware. As the video alludes, the ones complaining apple didn't change its 'look' are the Appleites themselves.

There are plenty of more important reasons why most of us wouldn't want an iphone; it looking the same as last year's model doesn't really feature :)
  • Options
    yesman2012yesman2012 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if its even bigger than the S3, definitely won't buy
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,484
    Forum Member
    I agree there is more to an upgrade than the looks but i fail to see anything in the S4 that makes me NEED to upgrade from the S3.

Theres no features that i've heard about that i think i must have, of course this could change after watching the release tonight but i reckon the leaks are pretty much spot on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing for S3 owners to bear in mind is that Samsung have passed down features from newer models to older ones.

On my S2 I now have pretty much all the shiny new toys the S3 had on launch. Smart Stay, Smart Call, floating video, etc.
  • Options
    slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apple resorting to trolling now!!! :eek: Wow are they getting desperate or what??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Poy wrote: »
    I agree there is more to an upgrade than the looks but i fail to see anything in the S4 that makes me NEED to upgrade from the S3.

Theres no features that i've heard about that i think i must have, of course this could change after watching the release tonight but i reckon the leaks are pretty much spot on.

Due to the contact times, you would think the main target are either new users or S2 owners. I only know one person with an S2 and he doesn't have any plans to upgrade (he likes his current phone).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    I only know one person with an S2 and he doesn't have any plans to upgrade (he likes his current phone).

I'm on the S2. Still torn between Asus Padfone, Nexus 4/X Phone, and S4. Will be watching with interest tonight!