Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daily Express weather stories should be banned that is all
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    Daily Express weather stories should be banned that is all
    They must be suffering from a drought of real news.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Along with the summer heatwave is a pill to cure cancer too.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just knew before clicking this, that this would include a link to The Express:p>:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Please please please stop posting daily express links they don't mean diddly squat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heatwave, wish it would ruddy hurry up I'm cold :-(
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you back again? Last week it your obsession with football and patriotism and then your further obsession with a French heatwave a hitting Britain and then a Brazilian one. Ridiculous.
  • Joseph_McDonaldJoseph_McDonald Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Lets be honest, summer doesn't begin until the Daily Express predicts a heatwave.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

About the only truly accurate bit in the article is this:-
    Met Office forecaster Tony Burgess said: “It looks as though it will remain dry for much of the rest of June.”

Dry, but as today, not sunny everywhere.

El Nino doesn't necessarily mean a dry hot Summer, incidentally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic.........3 months of pissing down rain and heavy frosts to look forwards to then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Are you back again? Last week it your obsession with football and patriotism and then your further obsession with a French heatwave a hitting Britain and then a Brazilian one. Ridiculous.

Also his obsession with other people's work habits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know what country this heatwave belongs to? Last week it was French, this week who knows!
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Also his obsession with other people's work habits.

Even more ridiculous. And the fact that he opens a thread and never returns.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Does it mention the summer of 1997, the year Diana died?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Does it mention the summer of 1997, the year Diana was murdered?

Since we are discussing the express, I thought I would change your post
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    They say this every year.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Does it mention the summer of 1997, the year Diana died?

It doesn't, but I will mention the most noteworthy month of the year, meterologically, in addition to being the month she died.

August 1997 was the second hottest on record. There were 19 consecutive days with maxima over 27C in Eastern England, and the month was especially noted for some extraordinarily high overnight minima. As might be expected with such a hot and humid set up, there were a number of violent thunderstorms over various parts of the country.

It probably isn't strongly remembered because it wasn't brilliantly sunny in the classic hot month/Summer fashion, nor were there any exceptionally hot days. Nonetheless, that accolade of second hottest August on record, remains in place, probably gained as a result of many consecutive days of high day and night temperatures.

If we have another similar month at some point, with fortnightly bin collections, expect extreme problems with maggots breeding in bins, and a fly epidemic.
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    I will have to get some factor 30 sunblock as I went out to an Airshow for two days a week ago and seriously burnt myself. It's still peeling now and I look like I have some sort of skin disease or I'm just dirty. I have very dark patches and bight pink ones where the new skin has come through. I know it's bloody stupid but didn't expect that much pain and damage. I've even tried exfoliating with a scouring pad but that's just left me sore.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweltering today. NOT
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very hot and sunny here. Beautiful. Long may it last.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodenCat wrote: »
    Fantastic.........3 months of pissing down rain and heavy frosts to look forwards to then.
    God that'd be fantastic yes please ! :D:p
  • blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summer officially starts on Saturday.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Didn't they predict the coldest winter since the last ice age?

What did it do? Pi$$ down for 5 months.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I just knew before clicking this, that this would include a link to The Express:p>:(

I must be a bit slow today, while the page was opening I was planning a witty response ending with "quick call the Express". Silly me, of course it was an Express article. :(

Although I will say is the heatwave before or after the 100 days of snow we're still waiting for?
  • Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Express is nothing more than a comic and should be treated with the contempt it deserves. I'd be surprised if it still exists as a daily national in a year or two.