Joanna - I don't like her.

Comments

• GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    She's not been the only one to be rude and annoying.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is since Mel went.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people rate her, she's an aggressive bully. Her treatment of Jamie last night was despicable and Nick, an eyewitness, should have brought that up.

The way she lambasted him and humiliated him was atrocious and then accusing HIM of being aggresive when he finally snapped. I detest people like her and I hope deeply that she does not win this show. She hasn't contributed as much as people think and leeches onto other more talented candidates and eats at their glory as if it were her own

Liz was 50 times the candidate Joanna is, there's just no justice that Jo is still in, and smugging it back at the house afterwards with her assertion that its time for Stuart to go - no it's time for YOU to go.

She has actually contributed a lot over the weeks, and whilst I would say she was ANNOYING (like a pet dog) I would not use the word agressive as that just seems OTT
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her treatment of Jamie came close to harassment last night. If I worked with her and she behaved that way with me I go see her manager.

Unforutnately there are many Jonnas in the workplace today.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been up and down with Joanna.

I felt she was unfairly branded as 'aggressive' in the first couple of weeks. I thought she was passionate and a bit frustrated so was raising her voice to be heard.

But last night I thought she was itching for a confrontation with Jamie, yet it wasn't raised in the boardroom. I wasn't impressed with the way she handled matters with the tourist centre either.

I prefer Stella & Jamie. Maybe even Chris.
  • Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people rate her, she's an aggressive bully. Her treatment of Jamie last night was despicable and Nick, an eyewitness, should have brought that up.

They were asked if Jo was a good PM but they all said yes and I think that's why Nick declined to bring it up. Again it happened with Chris vs Stuart, they were asked about it but they chose to play it down. I guess at this stage they're all more focused on the bigger picture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie is nothing if not a professional, he nearly always says the PM has done a good job regardless of their performance, as he doesn't want to project disharmony in the team. I like that about Jamie.

Nick should have still brought it up. I'm sure he did privately to Al.

And I'm sick of the term 'passionate' being used to describe someone treating someone else like sh**. Not on. That's not passion, it's just being nasty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I agree about Joanna, her eyebrows give her away, how she can claim she wasn't being aggresive given how her face was contorted is ridiculous. Watch it over again, her non-aggresive face (when Jamie snaps) is not one I have seen much of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    I didn't like that confrontation at all, it was completely uncalled for that she pulled out the "threatening male" card.

And after watching the footage on You're Fired, I have to admire Jamie's restraint! I would have said far worse if she'd been bugging me like that all day.
  • Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    I understood the encounter with Jamie as her getting more and more frustrated with his lack of input or response when she was originally saying 'if you're not up to doing it, then let me know now' and he just smiled at her in a cocky way. That would have made me want to punch his lights out. He can't deal with any kind of criticism.

However, she then proceeded to pick at him which was annoying, and wound him up. But, I think overall she's been a very good candidate and worked well with people on the whole, so this was a bad incident amidst the rest of the good. And I don't believe she was that aggressive in the first two episodes, she was a strong minded individual amongst a load of weak players and got frustrated. The label 'aggressive' was very harsh. She was honest and fought her corner. Aggression was more like Debra Barr the year before, Joanna hasn't displayed qualities like her's at all. I hope Joanna wins because she's not the finished product but you can see she has a huge amount of business acumen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash's Man wrote: »
    I understood the encounter with Jamie as her getting more and more frustrated with his lack of input or response when she was originally saying 'if you're not up to doing it, then let me know now' and he just smiled at her in a cocky way. That would have made me want to punch his lights out. He can't deal with any kind of criticism.

However, she then proceeded to pick at him which was annoying, and wound him up. But, I think overall she's been a very good candidate and worked well with people on the whole, so this was a bad incident amidst the rest of the good. And I don't believe she was that aggressive in the first two episodes, she was a strong minded individual amongst a load of weak players and got frustrated. The label 'aggressive' was very harsh. She was honest and fought her corner. Aggression was more like Debra Barr the year before, Joanna hasn't displayed qualities like her's at all. I hope Joanna wins because she's not the finished product but you can see she has a huge amount of business acumen.

Some of her behaviour has been very Debra esque.
    I didn't like that confrontation at all, it was completely uncalled for that she pulled out the "threatening male" card

It's a disgrace!
    Forum Member
    Some of her behaviour has been very Debra esque.

I would disagree. Debra was just downright threatening to the other candidates at times while Joanna is more bitchy when she's ready. I would call Debra more aggressive than Joanna. However Joanna gets the job done to a higher standard and has a greater success rate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That remains to be seen, Debra effectively finished in third place last year, narrowly missing out on the final and given very very high praise by Sugar on the 'You're Hired' show.

That may not happen with Joanna.

I also think Debra reigned in her stroppiness as the weeks went on to be honest. Joanna's returned to the fore big time last night.
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't rated Joanna since she bulldozed the ridiculous 'book holder' through.

She is not as clever as she thinks she is.

I despair - when so many are unemployed the fact that one of these morons will land a lucrative job is actually galling.
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a disgrace!

It's just a pity that the producers neglected to show us exactly what Jamie did so we know just how much of a disgrace.

As they showed it could have been anything from breathing in and out to squaring up to her.

As, despite having the footage, they decided not to show it thus depriving us of any chance of making an intelligent decision (as opposed to one that satisfied our particular prejudices), we are none the wiser.
    Forum Member
    That remains to be seen, Debra effectively finished in third place last year, narrowly missing out on the final and given very very high praise by Sugar on the 'You're Hired' show.

That may not happen with Joanna.

I also think Debra reigned in her stroppiness as the weeks went on to be honest. Joanna's returned to the fore big time last night.

I think 'big time' is a bit extreme considering it was one incident of confrontation since she was told to reign it in during the second episode. Debra was very aggressive throughout and only reigned it in towards the end. Besides the fact that Nick Hewer has praised Joanna on occasions throughout the show (in one task he said she was firing on all cylindars) and she has escaped the boardroom twice as the other candidates couldn't see reason to bring her back in.

Overall, Joanna's record speaks for itself and everyone has off days but I don't think one incident should go against all the good that she's done in the past 10 weeks.
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a very good candidate in many ways, but... she's just not my sort of person. Very loud, very aggressive, very blinkered. I'd hate to have to work with her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I don't like her and she's another one I want to see being interviewed next week.
  • CaptMcMallisterCaptMcMallister Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Latonia wrote: »
    I don't like her and she's another one I want to see being interviewed next week.
    Have you seen her sloppy research:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbkyrdAydOE
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Beware ^^^

The link points to untransmitted material for next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    She's going to be in final. And possibly even win. Get over it.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paprika wrote: »
    She's going to be in final. And possibly even win. Get over it.

Nope. She, Baggsy and Stella will stumbled at the final hurdle. It will be a Kris versus Jamie final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get over something that hasn't been proved will or won't happen? Sounds a bit strange to me
    'Overall, Joanna's record speaks for itself'

Yeah, that it's not very good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jepson wrote: »
    ^^^ Beware ^^^

The link points to untransmitted material for next week.

It doesn't give any spoilers as to who will leave so there is no problem with it really!
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen her sloppy research:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbkyrdAydOE

OMG that's terrible isn't it?

Anymore of them ?? I know I shouldn't but I love to see I've searched but can't find any more is it just her that's on there?

Thanks in advance.