Options

Inbetweeners 2 FULL trailer released

nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
Forum Member
The full Inbetweeners 2 trailer was released this morning, its been stated that "the best jokes are NOT in the trailer"

I would hope not, the trailer doesn't look as good as the firs movies full trailer to be honest.

http://www.trailer-geek.com/movie/inbetweeners-2/

Comments

• Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two of the cast are in their thirties, and they're still playing teenagers?

To put it into perspective, Jonah Hill is actually a few months younger than Joe Thomas, yet the whole plot of 22 Jump Street is that he's too old to be believable as a university student.
  • Options
    andrewd_1984andrewd_1984 Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slow to start off, but a few chuckles by the end.

But didn't have the must see impact of the first trailer.
  • Options
    nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Slow to start off, but a few chuckles by the end.

But didn't have the must see impact of the first trailer.

Couldn't agree more... I actually laughed more at the short teaser trailer they released.

The first move trailer is crap compared to the movie though, so hopefully this will be the same.
  • Options
    Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never liked the series, I mean, the humor was very much about 'shock' value. They looked too old to be playing teenagers four years ago, so now they look ridiculous imo, I'm sure this is more of the same, ie penis and breast jokes etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as my enjoyment of the first one was almost ruined by nearly ALL the good bits being in the trailer, I will avoid this new trailer like the plague.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by the trailer, it seems none of the boys realationships with the women they ended up with at the end of the first film lasted then

Would of liked to have seen actual character development and have these lads still be in the relationships but still make tits out of themselves in a different country

Seems a rehash of what we have seen in the first film and the three series made. Slight difference is they are in OZ.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are they wearing school uniforms in the trailer (which are different to the ones they had in the TV series). I thought they had left school in the last TV series or first film and went on holidays to celebrate?
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by the trailer, it seems none of the boys realationships with the women they ended up with at the end of the first film lasted then

Would of liked to have seen actual character development and have these lads still be in the relationships but still make tits out of themselves in a different country

Seems a rehash of what we have seen in the first film and the three series made. Slight difference is they are in OZ.

The writer has said on Twitter it's taken 3 years to make this film and they haven't just thrown it together. It's probably taken them longer than a series did, so that's a good sign.

As for the girlfriends, to me the idea of the first movie was they were all in a holiday romance because the whole plot is based on what happens to people when they go on a lads holiday. They end up thinking they found the perfect girlfriend, then they get home & dump them. It's completely believable these guys would do that.

Jay is in Australia so would've had to split up with his girlfriend. Simon is still with his girlfriend and from the trailer it doesn't say either way what happened to Neil and Will's girlfriends but they'll probably explain it in the movie but I doubt it's that important.
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked the TV series, thought the first film was good (though it didn't stand up to repeat viewing) but this trailer ... just leaves me cold.

If the reviews for it are favourable it might peak my interest but the trailer doesn't make me want to see it.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the trailer yesterday and honestly it didn't make me laugh near enough as much as the trailer I remember seeing for the first film. Will I go and see it? Possibly yes because I still love the series
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The writer has said on Twitter it's taken 3 years to make this film and they haven't just thrown it together. It's probably taken them longer than a series did, so that's a good sign.

As for the girlfriends, to me the idea of the first movie was they were all in a holiday romance because the whole plot is based on what happens to people when they go on a lads holiday. They end up thinking they found the perfect girlfriend, then they get home & dump them. It's completely believable these guys would do that.

Jay is in Australia so would've had to split up with his girlfriend. Simon is still with his girlfriend and from the trailer it doesn't say either way what happened to Neil and Will's girlfriends but they'll probably explain it in the movie but I doubt it's that important.

I don't doubt they can make humour out of the characters and their situations again simply because they work so well together. However the thread and humour hook running through the series and the film was the boys awkwardness with the opposite sex and their struggles to do the deed so to speak. The ending of the film seemed to lay that theme to rest.
    I hope Im wrong but Im not so sure any after story can ever be as strong if they have all moved on. Hope we don't end up with "Carry on Up the Gap Year". In any event I don't think the film will match the first.