Dumb and Dumber To

nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
Forum Member
I must have been about 6 when the first Dumb and Dumber came out and I still remember sitting watching it when it was released on VHS with my mum. Thats when I fell in love with Jim Carrey!

Now I am 25, going on 26, and still love the movie. I actually can't wait for this movie to come out.

Apparently there was footage shows at a comic con a while back which seems to be hilarious but I can't find it online anywhere... has anyone seen it?

http://www.trailer-geek.com/movie/dumb-dumber/

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adore this film. Very few comedy films from a while back that i like that even today are still funny but this still is

I hope the sequel is good.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know when it's due to be released here?
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »

Currently scheduled for the 19th December.
  • nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »

As far as I know its 19th December this year, although I wouldn't be surprised if that was brought forward a week or 2 so there isn't as large a gap between the US and UK markets.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the title . "Dumb and Dumber To " ?
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dumb and Dumber T(w)o.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like 'Two' but...they can't spell because they are dumb?
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    To be honest i think the play on words will be lost on a lot of the general public, spelling things properly seems to have gone out the window with the advent of facebook and text messaging and online forums.

Looking forward two this though.:D
  • nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    To be honest i think the play on words will be lost on a lot of the general public, spelling things properly seems to have gone out the window with the advent of facebook and text messaging and online forums.

Looking forward two this though.:D

Me two :D
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The opening credits of the first "moovie" ;-) were spelled incorrectly, so I think they are simply carrying on this theme for the second one with the title being spelled wrong and I bet the opening credits will also again be "spelled how they sound" with words like "prodooser" and "dierektor" making appearances again together with "wrote by" etc.
  • guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it being released so late after the first one ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guttridge wrote: »
    Why is it being released so late after the first one ?

because they've only just made it .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Like 'Two' but...they can't spell because they are dumb?

I also remember in the opening credits, titles like "executive producer" were spelt wrong to highlight how stupid the two characters are
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a 15 rating from the bbfc. That's a bit of a surprise-

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/dumb-and-dumber-film
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Got a 15 rating from the bbfc. That's a bit of a surprise-

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/dumb-and-dumber-film

why ? the first one was a 15 .
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because they've only just made it .

Ta da boom tish

Made me laugh anyway :-)
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why ? the first one was a 15 .

No it was a 12. http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/dumb-dumber-2010

This will make far less money as a 15, hence it's a surprise.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am glad that it has been given a 15, there was at least 1 scene in the trailer a few months ago that would have never made a 12 certificate. So having the film a 15 means that we get the film uncensored. Yes it may mean that a few kiddies under the age of 15 won't get to see the film, but as a cinema goer I am fed up of films being cut to get a lower rating and attract the kiddies. Well done to all those involved in leaving this film untouched.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're wrong. It will make more money because 15 is bigger than 12.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well there's a 15 version on Amazon :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dumb-Dumber-DVD-Jim-Carrey/dp/B0030A0ZC0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416945501&sr=8-1&keywords=dumb+and+dumber
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon have listed it as a 15, but look at the actual cover at the very top of the page. Clearly it says it is a 12.

I have the "Dumbr Than Evur" edition of the film with extra footage, deleted scenes and outtakes (including two F words), and it is also a 12. It was never a 15. Interesting to see the sequel is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I note the BBFC list a cast member who I'm pretty sure is the "surprise cameo" that people were talking about. A shame I have now seen the name and if it is them, know who it is and have the surprise ruined for me.
  • RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Loved the original but have to say that the sequel doesn't get anywhere close to the standards previously set and it certainly doesn't have any of the manic energy shown in the trailer.

Shockingly it's a good fifteen to twenty minutes before anything genuinely amusing happens and although things do then improve from that point onwards, laugh out loud moments are far less frequent than they were last time around.

In addition to above, the film makers have been rather lazy with the story as it's pretty much a carbon copy of the first film from structural perspective (they also seem to feel genuine pride regarding this as a comparison of scenes from both films is shown during the end credits).

On a more positive note, I will say that I don't think I was ever actually bored whilst watching this and it's certainly not the worst comedy that I've seen this year as it did succeed in making me laugh on several occasions.

However as it's impossible to view this film as anything other than an incredibly disappointing follow up it only gets a 6/10 from me...
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer was bad enough. Not surprised the review on DS is one star. the first film was really funny but that was 20 years ago. no idea why there is a sequel now.