Options

Asda home delivery problem.

phepiaphepia Posts: 1,476
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Bit of a winded problem so please read all.
I was due a delivery on Friday 15th November. No phone call, nothing.
I called customer services 3 times and was finally told that the van had broken down.

As the food was needed we visited the store closest to us to try and get it sorted in person. We was promised that the manager of the store would contact us a few hours later which he did.
He promised that he would redeliver the shopping AND give us the shopping as compensation on the following Sunday. On that Sunday the refund email was sent stating 3-5 working days. But no shopping turned up.

The Monday (now the 17th) called the store again, and was promised the delivery by 12.30. Only part of the delivery was sent. So I had to borrow money to replace missing stuff.
Now we are 7 working days past the refund email (they said 3-5 working day for the process), and I have still not had the refund.
I still owe the money and only part of the food I have wanted.
My OH and I have called and asked for a update, we was told they have 14 days to refund- the email stated different! We asked for a manager to return a phone call to discuss- we have had nothing. I even sent emails which no response.

They have just under £100 of my money, I am now in debt till they refund it and no one will answer me. Customer services just fob me off.

Any advice? Grin and bear? Or something else I can do please?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chief Executive
    andy.clarke@asda.co.uk
  • Options
    evolution202evolution202 Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    As Toby has posted above, email Andy Clarke. He obviously won't deal with it personally, but it'll be passed on.

I had a lot of problems over the summer with deliveries and by emailing the CEO, it was sorted out within a couple of days, I received full refunds and some e-vouchers.
  • Options
    michelle666michelle666 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with e-mailing Andy Clarke. We had a problem a couple of weeks ago with the store cancelling our delivery yet still taking the money... twice! Leaving us with nothing in the bank and no shopping. After 7 days of phone calls, e-mails and a lot of stress we e-mailed him thanks to a friend pointing me in the right direction and got a response the same day.

Because it was a Friday by then, the refund wouldn't go through till the following Tues/Wed, so his office arranged a free shop to be delivered to us that evening (we have a baby and were getting desperate for nappies/milk etc.) We also got vouchers and of course the refund, which finally went into the bank on the Tuesday, 11 days after they took it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both, I have emailed him.
    I hope it gets sorted soon- bills need paying at end of this month, if I get charges because of this I shall be adding it to the costs! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with e-mailing Andy Clarke. We had a problem a couple of weeks ago with the store cancelling our delivery yet still taking the money... twice! Leaving us with nothing in the bank and no shopping. After 7 days of phone calls, e-mails and a lot of stress we e-mailed him thanks to a friend pointing me in the right direction and got a response the same day.

Because it was a Friday by then, the refund wouldn't go through till the following Tues/Wed, so his office arranged a free shop to be delivered to us that evening (we have a baby and were getting desperate for nappies/milk etc.) We also got vouchers and of course the refund, which finally went into the bank on the Tuesday, 11 days after they took it!

See you got your refund 5 days (3 working days including the weekend). Its been 7 working days (9 in total). I have had refunds in the past and its been like this, no need for them to hold on to the money. My OH asked if there was much profit from holding it to the customer services woman, and wanted that as well. The woman was not impressed heh.
    Answers appreciated as always!
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is problem with online shopping for essentials like food. If your budget is tight and something goes wrong with the delivery it puts you in a bad situation.

Maybe the best solution is a bit of online shopping and a bit of shop shopping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a problem, I am unable to lift any weight due to arthritis in both shoulders and my neck. Home shopping is the only way I can get food, as hubby has the car and works alot.
    Kids and hubby put the shopping away for me, as well as cook.

There are few times I can coincide his days off with having food money/needing food. So its easier for me to just get it delivered when I know people are going to be able to put the food away for me.

Sadly things aren't quite hand to mouth atm, but its close. I personally know of people who are surviving on alot less due to this gov regimes, sanctions and their promise to look after sick and disabled people. They have not done that.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had problems with asda many years ago, They kept fobbing me off and passing the buck around the helpline and the local store, In the end I just gave up and now boycott them totally.
  • Options
    killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    Always find posting a problem on a company's FB page gets a very fast, and positive, response.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad to read I'm not the only person to have problems with Asda delivery. My problem was with the "living" items I'd ordered (dinner set, cutlery, glass bowls etc etc) and it was a big order. I waited in all day on my day id booked off and it didn't turn up, after much faffing around I got it changed to the weekend after but the customer services didn't give a sh*t I'd waited in all day especially for it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive switched to Tesco. I only live on the first floor in a block of flats and has a lift and im not well. Ive used them for years. The last driver said 'we don't go into flats mate' of course I said 'You always have, for years' He got stroppy with me and left me with my bags outside in the rain and I could barely walk. he shouted 'read the terms and conditions mate, the terms and conditions' and drove off. Charming.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killjoy wrote: »
    Always find posting a problem on a company's FB page gets a very fast, and positive, response.

or Twitter that usually promotes a response
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use twitter, but FB setting means I can't post on it, at least it won't let me post.
  • Options
    hanndavhanndav Posts: 2,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phepia wrote: »
    Thats a problem, I am unable to lift any weight due to arthritis in both shoulders and my neck. Home shopping is the only way I can get food, as hubby has the car and works alot.
    Kids and hubby put the shopping away for me, as well as cook.

There are few times I can coincide his days off with having food money/needing food. So its easier for me to just get it delivered when I know people are going to be able to put the food away for me.

Sadly things aren't quite hand to mouth atm, but its close. I personally know of people who are surviving on alot less due to this gov regimes, sanctions and their promise to look after sick and disabled people. They have not done that.

You have my sympathies as I am in a similar position. I have to ask though, what did you do before home shopping deliveries?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used Sainsburies for many years while I was working. Then I went sick and couldn't afford prices.
    Asda opened near me and was closer than sains so tried them. They was ok untill last 2 shops, then both have been disaster. Packing meat cooked and uncut together, wrong prices and came late.
    I have had to rely on help since Jan 2012 when arthritis arthroscopy operation made things worse, and have not been able to return since.
    I have had my children help to some degree, but my carer (daughter) started full time work recently so I have had no one to help.

If I was alone I daresay I would either starve to death or be made to go live in some kind of warden control. There has been times when even a empty small plastic cup that is empty has set off the arthritis and now I have got tendonitis that occurs on and off. I had a operation for that in April 13 that sorted it, but it has returned with vengeance sadly.

The home deliveries are a godsend when they get it right, it gives people like me a chance to live a little more normally

Edit: got a email and they are looking into it- yay!
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am unable to lift any weight due to arthritis in both shoulders and my neck.

Take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. (Don't use cheap honey bulked out with sugar).
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    . So its easier for me to just get it delivered when I know people are going to be able to put the food away for me
    If the order is not a big one you could always try asking the driver to put the frozen and chilled away for you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well no refund, nor a appropriate response from them. The email I got was "we are looking into it"
    Thankfully I have a few tinned stuff so have been ok food wise, not the best but what can you do when asda don't give a full order, and keep hold of the refund for way too long.

Today is 11 working days, or 13 days. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks before the money has been taken out. This is disgraceful imo.

Martin: what does the honey and cinnamon do please?
    Gomezz: I let my kids do it as I can then nag at them when they put it in the wrong place :P Plus they get brought a treat when they do it so they don't mind. My eldest son loves his wine gums and beer so I buy him some of this as thank you when he helps me.- win win situation :)
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »
    Ive switched to Tesco. I only live on the first floor in a block of flats and has a lift and im not well. Ive used them for years. The last driver said 'we don't go into flats mate' of course I said 'You always have, for years' He got stroppy with me and left me with my bags outside in the rain and I could barely walk. he shouted 'read the terms and conditions mate, the terms and conditions' and drove off. Charming.

Sainsburys did that to me, I managed to hobble down on crutches and the delivery woman just said not my problem and drove off ! Tesco always deliver on time and bring it all up stairs for me.