How do you act when you're ill?

2»

Comments

• StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know.
    I'm always the one in the family that doesn't seem to get ill. Which is strange :/
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I lay it on thick.

I speak as I have laryngitis at all times and fix my eyes in a permanent half-squint.
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and drink plenty of fluids

I am...

I have to get them myself nowadays though :cry:
  • TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lay it on thick.

I speak as I have laryngitis at all times and fix my eyes in a permanent half-squint.

Sorry I misread :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am...

I have to get them myself nowadays though :cry:

Do you want me to come round with some Ribena and stroke your feet?
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you want me to come round with some Ribena and stroke your feet?

Nah...I'd rather wallow in my own self pity.

Whilst steadfastly making a big meal out of getting up and doing it for myself.

But thanks anyway x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the spirit.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oscar worthy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oscar worthy.

You live in a bin?
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get on with it, I find it helps more than anything.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends how ill I am, if it was like a few weeks back when I felt so weak that I could hardly move, then I just stay where I am. thankfully, that was the first time I felt like that for years. but most of the time I just get on with my normal day. i got to at the end of the day, I got a cat to look after :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm mainly grouchy and really short tempered. I hate being ill. I live alone so no one has to suffer it. But I've been a typical bloke and done all the feeling sorry for myself stuff.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I don't buy in to this generalisation re all men are wimps or when they get a cold it's actually 'man flu' etc.

My ex GF used to try and wait on me hand and foot if I was ill but all that fuss would actually make me feel worse. I'd rather just grit my teeth, and try and carry on as per normal.

I'm generally of the opinion that unless I'm dying, I don't need a doctor or hospital. This isn't always a wise thing however- I once thought I'd badly sprained my ankle playing football, so refused to go to A&E. I had a pair of crutches at home so didn't' see the point in waiting for 4 hours just for them to say 'rest it' and send me home.

5 days later my GF forced me to go just in case as it was the size of a small football, so I relented. I was berated by the staff for not coming in sooner as my ankle was broken in 3 places!! Silly boy.

Perhaps putting on a brave face isn't the wisest thing to do after all!
  • HavingALaughHavingALaugh Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    I am quite pathetic mostly

This being my 100th post, very fitting :D
  • quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a real baby and feel very sorry for myself. If anyone else is around they hear all about it, repeatedly!
    So really I'm best left on my own. I don't answer the door or the phone and lie sulking in front of the telly or curled up in bed and then grit my teeth and get through it. I hate being seen when I'm unwell - what does it achieve for either party? Not easy being unwell when living on your own though.

And BTW I don't want an audience when I'm on my death bed either - embarrassing. I'll slip away quietly when I'm on my own [hopefully].
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually only get mild colds so just carry on as normal but a couple of months ago I had a flu type bug and that really knocked me for six. I felt pretty rough and didn't have the energy to do a thing. I didn't even get dressed for days, it was the first time in years I've felt ill like that.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I try to sleep as much as possible.
  • Sarah.1987Sarah.1987 Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm bloody miserable, I hate not feeling like I can get on with my day. Same as when I'm hungover really!
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weekday: Like Tom Skerritt in the deleted 'cocoon' scene from Alien.

Weekend: Like a Spartan warrior.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I put big red shoes and an orange wig on then clown around for the day.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am pathetic when ill. I am irritable, snappy, sometimes cry, act like a child, etc. Just can't think straight.
  • John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When and if I get 'man flu' which everyone knows is three times worse than 'woman flu' I go to bed, sleep a lot, eat hot soup regularly.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    morngy and withdrawn and i try to bring everyone down with me,
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    I lie in bed and become dependent on my mum.

Yep. Pretty much.