Options

Terrible, TERRIBLE panellists on the You're Fired show (except Vanessa Feltz)

KruleKrule Posts: 365
Forum Member
...and yet she hardly got a chance to speak! FFS!

What we saw today is probably one of the most ludicrous and shocking decisions in UK Apprentice history.

The You're Fired show exists to analyze the show and give the public a chance to absorb and take in what's happened, and also to have observant panellists voice the opinions and emotions that the public feel, and ask the questions that the public want. At least that's why I watch it.

Instead, we had one panellist, Vanessa, who was brilliant and tried to make the point that I was dying for someone to highlight....THAT LIZ DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG, HER STRATEGY IN THE TASK, AND ESPECIALLY THE BOARDROOM (which was to let this moron talk himself into an obvious firing) WAS PERFECT!

Instead all we witnessed was just a horribly bad judgement and decision by His Highness Lord Sugar, which reflects really very poorly on him.

Liz being her modest self mentioned that she felt she didn't talk up enough in the boardroom and defend herself....SURELY SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO?

The other two panellists were terrible. That fat guy couldn't articulate any of his points properly and didn't seem passionate about the show or seem to feel any injustice about the firing, and the annoyingly unfunny comedian seemed desparate to get his word into every conversation and make rubbish jokes when others (namely Vanessa) were trying to make some valid points.

What is the need to have a comedian on every bloody show, esp some that don't really seem that interested in the show or its contestants and simply keep trying to be funny?

Were they simply not allowed to criticise Lord Sugar because of his influence over the show??

Comments

• Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    "THAT LIZ DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG, HER STRATEGY IN THE TASK, AND ESPECIALLY THE BOARDROOM"

With respect this is inaccurate. She never said 35 pounds was too high she just went along with Stuart She's just as culpable for the failure of the task. At least Joanne had the balls (so to speak) to go back to the tour company and say "can't we change the pricing?"

Baggs should have gone because he sold less tickets but in other areas of the task Liz was just at fault. To suggest she did nothing wrong is silly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... let's see... Alan Sugar, successful businessman. Vanessa Feltz, successful eater.

Whose judgement shall I go with...

But no seriously, Alan got it right. Being the winner or the best person on a task in a losing team does not give you a guarantee that you won't be up for the chop.

In these late stages it becomes much more about the type of person he is looking for to fill the position he has in mind.

If Liz doesn't fit the position in mind as closely as someone else, as Alan said today, then she rightly has to go.

As much as I would like to see Stuart go, it's not a popularity contest.
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanessa Feltz is a horrible example of humanity. Glad she hardly got to speak. Sean Locke, on the other hand, had me in stitches.
    floopy123 wrote: »
    With respect this is inaccurate. She never said 35 pounds was too high she just went along with Stuart She's just as culpable for the failure of the task.

Yup, something she herself admitted.
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    trollface wrote: »
    Vanessa Feltz is a horrible example of humanity. Glad she hardly got to speak. Sean Locke, on the other hand, had me in stitches.

Kinda disagree here. Feltz can be an annoying, attention-seeking gasbag, but she often makes sense and is quite smart. I believe she has an Oxbridge First.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    floopy123 wrote: »
    "THAT LIZ DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG, HER STRATEGY IN THE TASK, AND ESPECIALLY THE BOARDROOM"

With respect this is inaccurate. She never said 35 pounds was too high she just went along with Stuart She's just as culpable for the failure of the task. At least Joanne had the balls (so to speak) to go back to the tour company and say "can't we change the pricing?"

Baggs should have gone because he sold less tickets but in other areas of the task Liz was just at fault. To suggest she did nothing wrong is silly.

She was standing next to her project manager who made the decision live, at the time of the negotiations, it would have been wrong to jump in and undermine him.

Besides, why should she? He's the boss and if he wants to make a thoughtless decision that should be his head on the line.

The fact that they dropped it afterwards means she may have mentioned it to him offline?

Even though I see some merit in your point about her perhaps not voicing the poor pricing as strongly, surely it was Stuart's price, so however hard you come down on her you should come down on him twice as hard??
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Well all I can say is she admitted it was a mistake not to offer to reduce the price at the meeting. She also said she was a bit too timid in the boardroom. Her words, not mine. ;) I think she lost out because she was too nice? Perhaps. A bit more fire in her belly could have kept her in the show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    Hmm... let's see... Alan Sugar, successful businessman. Vanessa Feltz, successful eater.

Whose judgement shall I go with...

But no seriously, Alan got it right. Being the winner or the best person on a task in a losing team does not give you a guarantee that you won't be up for the chop.

In these late stages it becomes much more about the type of person he is looking for to fill the position he has in mind.

If Liz doesn't fit the position in mind as closely as someone else, as Alan said today, then she rightly has to go.

As much as I would like to see Stuart go, it's not a popularity contest.

You're basically using the argument that it's Alan Sugar that's looking for someone to hire, so, whatever he decides is right because that person is more in line with what he's looking for. I can't really argue with that

...except to say that, he's trying to make out that he's looking for a bright, intelligent, future business superstar with business acumen and leadership skills. And if through his decision making he believes Stuart has that and Liz doesn't, I have a right to voice my opinion that he's a poor judge of character and talent
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume the best panelist Michelle Mone only does the final.

Although I am pretty sure she has done both an earlier round and the final in the past
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trollface wrote: »

Yup, something she herself admitted.

I never said she was a good example of humanity. I know nothing about her. I just said I felt she was talking sense and the others weren't
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a poor panel tonight, apart from Sean Lock. Vanessa Feltz was awful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A poor panel all around.

Some guy I forget already.
    Sean Locke, who's like a half-funny friend but not remarkable.
    And Feltz, who delivers every statement like she has a stick up her ass, and thinks if she somehow delivers it with more ass-stickery that she sounds more important.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Vanessa Fletz ruins every TV show she appears on with her stupid ramblings. There was a lot of interrupting from her as well, which irritated me.

Sean Lock is brilliant. Bag's dreams of Lord Sugar with a whip had me in stitches.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    DogmaLoki wrote: »
    ass-stickery

This turn of phrase will stay with me for a long time. Genius. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are always rubbish nobodys. Simples.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Krule wrote: »
    The You're Fired show exists to analyze the show and give the public a chance to absorb and take in what's happened, and also to have observant panellists voice the opinions and emotions that the public feel, and ask the questions that the public want.
    No it doesn't.
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    Kinda disagree here. Feltz can be an annoying, attention-seeking gasbag, but she often makes sense and is quite smart. I believe she has an Oxbridge First.

She might have an Oxbridge first but that doesn't stop her coming out with endless stupid drivel. Can't stand the woman, and I can honestly say that I can't ever remember a time when she made sense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Krule wrote: »
    That fat guy couldn't articulate any of his points properly and didn't seem passionate about the show or seem to feel any injustice about the firing

Yeah, apart from that bit when he said LAS was wrong to fire Liz and that he would have hired her then and there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DogmaLoki wrote: »
    A poor panel all around.

Some guy I forget already.
    Sean Locke, who's like a half-funny friend but not remarkable.
    And Feltz, who delivers every statement like she has a stick up her ass, and thinks if she somehow delivers it with more ass-stickery that she sounds more important.

I agree with this. It was only the second time I've watched YF this series, hoping for some interesting analysis into a surprising decision, and instead we get Sean Locke shouting and looking very pleased with himself, some guy in a suit who rambled a load of unfunny scripted lines ('couldn't sell a kiss in a brothel yadda yadda yadda') and Vanessa Feltz, whose very existence simply escapes me. She seemed to have no sense of humour, didn't listen to what the others were saying, and stuck her nose in the air like she was God's gift. Also, I normally love Dara O'Briain but I felt like he was trying too hard: every time he hit on a vaguely funny joke he squeezed it to within an inch of its life (e.g. the 'death stare')
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Oh gimme a break. Just because Liz has gone, we're supposed to turn You're Fired into Newsnight?! I thought You're Fired was good last night, Sean Lock & Dara O'Briain cracked me up and Liz got the chance to put her point across so what's the problem?
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're Fired was excellent last night thanks to the legend that is Sean Lock

Vanessa Feltz is a very intelligent person, of that there is no doubt, but I can't stand it when she goes off on one of her righteous rants to which the only result she wants a stirring round of applause from the audience to soothe her ego. Its that annoying botox induced furrowed brow that does it for me - just SHUT UP.

But please invite Mr Lock on regularly! Hilarious!
  • Options
    Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RED_ wrote: »
    They are always rubbish nobodys. Simples.

Sean Locke was great .... Not Simples!!
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You also get the feeling Dara wasnt happy at Liz being fired although surely he would have known the result a long time ago
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think whats disappointing is that Stuart will not get an entire episode of the show to himself in which to review his innumerate contributions to this years series

He'll most likely be in the three-way episode next week, and failing that, 'You're Hired' as one of two, either the runner-up or *GASP* The Winner!
  • Options
    Drew_MDrew_M Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the OP that Sean Lock was very poor, but just be thankful that Andy Parsons wasn't present, easily the most annoying & unfunny panellist ever.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Total garbage especially Sean Lock...and including Vanessa Feltz...but then it has been all series. Why he has to have all his Mock The Week buddies on I don't know - I take it they're supposed to be providing humour.:rolleyes: