Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the Pars game myself today. Division 2 could be interesting next season :)

It'll be a cakewalk again I think.

Normally a team like Dunfermline would be up there but I can't see it happening next season with the team they will have.
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry folks less than 11 weeks now until the SPL kicks off all over again.
  • StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
    Forum Member
    timboy wrote: »
    It'll be a cakewalk again I think.

Normally a team like Dunfermline would be up there but I can't see it happening next season with the team they will have.
    We will still have a much weaker team as well. I'm hearing Kenny Miller is rejoining as well
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will still have a much weaker team as well. I'm hearing Kenny Miller is rejoining as well

Much weaker when you are signing Cammy Bell and John Daly and you will be the only full time team?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Much weaker when you are signing Cammy Bell and John Daly and you will be the only full time team?
    Tbf they can't play until 1st September.
  • Macbeth88Macbeth88 Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Is Daly going to Ibrox ... it would be great to see a player from the Republic play for them and break down another 'hatred'. Fair play to Rangers if they sign him ... better late than never I suppose but credit where it is due.
  • StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
    Forum Member
    Macbeth88 wrote: »
    Is Daly going to Ibrox ... it would be great to see a player from the Republic play for them and break down another 'hatred'. Fair play to Rangers if they sign him ... better late than never I suppose but credit where it is due.

I hear what you are saying, however I would personally like no fuss made about this. It shouldn't even come into things at all so sign him based on quality and that only.

I do get what you mean though :)
  • Macbeth88Macbeth88 Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    I hear what you are saying, however I would personally like no fuss made about this. It shouldn't even come into things at all so sign him based on quality and that only.

I do get what you mean though :)

Point taken and I agree wholeheartedly ... however :(
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the SPL, a company declaring themselves insolvent does not constitute an "insolvency event", so Heart escape punishment. For now.

In a completely unrelated story, Stewart Gilmore was on the steps of Hampden saying it would be bad for the SPL to lose Hearts, and Stewart Regan gave an interview saying Scottish Football is still in a bad way.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Sporting integrity is the real winner here. How would the SPL cope with no Old Firm, Dundee & Edinburgh derby?

Who's paying the bills at Tynecastle if the parent company is insolvent and Mad Vlad's assets are on hold?

No doubt they'll go into administration after 1st of June and suffer their points deduction next season
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    According to the SPL, a company declaring themselves insolvent does not constitute an "insolvency event", so Heart escape punishment. For now.

tbf the club itself hasnt gone bust - yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Sporting integrity is the real winner here. How would the SPL cope with no Old Firm, Dundee & Edinburgh derby?

Who's paying the bills at Tynecastle if the parent company is insolvent and Mad Vlad's assets are on hold?

No doubt they'll go into administration after 1st of June and suffer their points deduction next season

Hearts are still trading and as yet aren't in administration, seems fair enough providing bills get paid.
    Forum Member
    Alot of my Jambo pals feel that relegation this season would've been better than points off next season because they think they'll really struggle in the league next year & get relegated. That year, both Hearts & Rangers could be in division 1 & it would be a disaster of Hearts spent 2 years in that league
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    tbf the club itself hasnt gone bust - yet.
    The SPL rules allow for action to be taken if a parent company suffers an "insolvency event".

The wording of the SPL statement suggests there's no doubt that any such event involving UBIG would see Hearts punished.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The SPL rules allow for action to be taken if a parent company suffers an "insolvency event".

The wording of the SPL statement suggests there's no doubt that any such event involving UBIG would see Hearts punished.
    Are UBIG the parent company or just the majority shareholder in the club?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are UBIG the parent company or just the majority shareholder in the club?
    They hold a controlling stake, which is enough to make them the parent company under UK law.
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

From my understanding, someone asked for the company to be made insolvent, which it may well be. But at this moment in time the SPL had no option to let Hearts continue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    From my understanding, someone asked for the company to be made insolvent, which it may well be. But at this moment in time the SPL had no option to let Hearts continue.
    Under Lithuanian Law, a business can declare itself insolvent without needing to go to court.
    Article 4. Application of Extrajudicial Bankruptcy Procedure

Debtors and creditors may refrain from applying to the court
    for the institution of an enterprise bankruptcy proceedings if
    the debtor publicly announces that he is unable to satisfy the
    liabilities incumbent on him, and notifies every creditor thereof
    in writing. The notice must contain the name of the enterprise
    and other requisites, as well as the date and place of the first
    meeting of creditors.

Decisions concerning the application of extrajudicial
    bankruptcy procedure may be adopted by a meeting of creditors
    upon agreement with the debtor, provided that the decision is
    unanimously approved by all the creditors.

The procedure for implementing the decisions of the meeting
    of creditors and satisfying their claims shall be established in
    accordance with the judicial procedure and conditions for
    investigating bankruptcy cases as established in this Law.
    (Amended 28 September 1993)

In the event that the parties fail to reach an agreement
    concerning the application of bankruptcy procedure, or if the
    meeting of creditors, in pursuance of the procedure established
    by this Law, cannot adopt a decision concerning the conditions
    and procedure for satisfying the claims, the issue shall be
    referred to the court.
    See http://www.litlex.lt...ocuments/21.HTM
    and http://ec.europa.eu/...ptcy_lit_en.htm
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My take is that the SPL were determined not to lose the third biggest club in land after last Summer, although Hearts travelling support is not as big as its perceived to be. They would then only be left with the Dundee Derby.

What will probably happen is that the "additional information" will probably be discovered in a few weeks meaning they will lose a third of this seasons points 14 or so.

This way they will have been punished everyone is happy and they will have a go at reducing the minus deficient next season
    Forum Member
    Plus the fact the SPL have yet to get a sponsor for next season, they couldn't have a league where the biggest derby will be Ross County v Inverness
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hearts FC are still trading (The club)

Heart of Midlothian PLC are still trading (The parent company)

I think until the plc suffers an 'insolvency event' then the SPL aren't going to do anything.

As for the biggest derby in the SPL next season - don't worry, it'll be the Glasgow one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think until the plc suffers an 'insolvency event' then the SPL aren't going to do anything
    If that were the case, the SPL wouldn't have bothered investigating UBIG. They'd have stopped when they established that it had no relevance to Hearts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that were the case, the SPL wouldn't have bothered investigating UBIG. They'd have stopped when they established that it had no relevance to Hearts.
    I think that's where they are now - but it's the SPL so it would never be straight forward.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kris Commons announces his retirement from International football.

Meanwhile did Craig Whyte tape the 'private' dinner conversations between himself, Ali Russell, Stewart Regan and Campbell Ogilvie in the wake of the first Mark Daly documentary.

That is if this letter is legit.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/142823209/Regan-Letter
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kris Commons announces his retirement from International football.

Meanwhile did Craig Whyte tape the 'private' dinner conversations between himself, Ali Russell, Stewart Regan and Campbell Ogilvie in the wake of the first Mark Daly documentary.

That is if this letter is legit.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/142823209/Regan-Letter

Glad he is retiring he is overweight and not good enough for international football.

Much more positive squad from Strachan, just needs to get rid of a few more has-beens and never will bes though
This discussion has been closed.