Options

Hopkins hits a new low. Unbelievable comments.

bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Even by her standards, these remarks about the migrants attempting to get to Italy, hit new and unprecedented depths.

link
A bit strong to compare Hopkins to Hitler? Read her column on page 11 of yesterday’s Sun.

“Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop migrants”. That was The Sun's headline, written apparently without concern.

She then refers to migrants in Calais who try to board trucks heading to Britain as “a plague of feral humans”.

She proposes an Australian approach to migrants on boats. “They threaten them with violence until they bugger off, throwing cans of Castlemaine in an Aussie version of sharia stoning”.

She says we don’t need Save the Children “encouraging” migrants to make the journey. “What we need are gunships sending these boats back to their own country”.

She adds: “Some of our towns are festering sores, plagued by swarms of migrants and asylum seekers, shelling out benefits like Monopoly money”.
Then she writes this, and The Sun prints it. “Make no mistake, these migrants are like cockroaches. They might look a bit “Bob Geldof’s Ethiopia circa 1984”, but they are built to survive a nuclear bomb. They are survivors”.

In the environment that led to creation of the Third Reich in Germany, Polish people were seen as "an East European species of cockroach", while Jews were rats. When Hutu extremists used radio propaganda to incite violence against the Tutsis during the Rwandan Genocide, they called on people to “weed out the cockroaches.”

Is she breaching race hate laws? Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's crossed over from 'attention seeker' to 'deranged'.

She's driven herself out of her loaf trying to come up with ever more shocking statements and now exists in a limbo where she honestly believes nothing she says has any ramification.

Did anyone else catch the news report that she's had a panic button and Redcare-type alarm installed at her home? For fear of people attacking her, apparently.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    What law would she be breeching? we do have free speech here.

She calls them cockroaches which is perhaps not a smart move,

but the gun ships, I agree, and so does the Italian PM. These people have to be turned away. I suspect she is saying what many people are thinking, not the cockroach bit.

Not sure this needed its own thread.
  • Options
    Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her children should be taken into care by social services.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankly, she bores me. She's so full of BS that there's no point in taking her seriously.
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just ignore her, it's just a big wind up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will_Bee wrote: »

Why??
  • Options
    too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Even by her standards, these remarks about the migrants attempting to get to Italy, hit new and unprecedented depths.

link

Is she breaching race hate laws? Thoughts?

Perhaps a deluge of complaints to press complaints committee is in order.

Her comments are absolutely repugnant and she should be taken to task - and face prosecution if in breach of the law.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You make her send her Correct
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can kiss my roach
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you give her attention, she wins.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she breaching race hate laws?

Good old DS jerking its knee.
  • Options
    Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    You make her send her Correct
    I did, that's why we seen it.
  • Options
    TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member

So children should be taken into care because the parents have opinions that do not conform with accepted norms? I think you'd be happier in Soviet Eastern Europe.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's like the article said - she's having to get more and more offensive to stay relevant.

The problem with her is that even though she's obviously a professional troll, there are plenty of people out there who don't get that and take her seriously so I do think she's walking a bit of a tightrope with some of the things she says.

But then like most trolls, there'll be a point where she goes too far and it'll backfire. Maybe this article is that point, maybe it isn't but it'll happen one day.
  • Options
    BigAndy99BigAndy99 Posts: 3,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes she's right, sometimes she is wrong.

But everything she says is because she thinks people want to hear it.

This time she is most definitely right, in my personal opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good old DS jerking its knee.

It amazes me that the first thing members want when they hear a person say something they don't like is for that person to be locked up/prosecuted.
  • Options
    jim4bbjim4bb Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tone in which she speaks might be a bit harsh but something has to be done to stop the people, mostly men I have noticed crossing the med. If they are trying to flee the violence in Libya why not return to there own countries where presumably there families actually live.
  • Options
    TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Perhaps a deluge of complaints to press complaints committee is in order.

Her comments are absolutely repugnant and she should be taken to task - and face prosecution if in breach of the law.

Why? Are you scared of honest, open debate? I thfoughly disagree with her views but the way to defeat such ideas is by winning the argument, not by preventing free speech.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    It amazes me that the first thing members want when they hear a person say something they don't like is for that person to be locked up/prosecuted.

I'm merely posing the question, as the remarks seem so extreme.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jim4bb wrote: »
    The tone in which she speaks might be a bit harsh but something has to be done to stop the people, mostly men I have noticed crossing the med. If they are trying to flee the violence in Libya why not return to there own countries where presumably there families actually live.

Because they need to get to the giant sunglasses and straw hat depot to sell them on the beach asap.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Sky_Guy wrote: »

very soviet union.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm merely posing the question, as the remarks seem so extreme.

There not extreme, I can ensure you of that. Other forums have views which are far more extreme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigAndy99 wrote: »
    Sometimes she's right, sometimes she is wrong.

But everything she says is because she thinks people want to hear it.

This time she is most definitely right, in my personal opinion.

So you condone the use of comments like "feral humans" and "cockroaches"?
  • Options
    BigAndy99BigAndy99 Posts: 3,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you condone the use of comments like "feral humans" and "cockroaches"?

100%

101%
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can say these things because she knows it'll never happen. It's just fodder for the Sun's more dimwitted readers. Which is all of them, really.