Explosion at Boston Marathon (Part 2)

Comments

• MordirithMordirith Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    You said "and those who support them".
    Boston residents (amongst other people throughout the world), provided finance and arms to a registered terrorist organisation. By your proclamation, they should receive the death penalty. Or have I somehow misinterpreted your post?

Nope, they should also be executed.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Mordirith wrote: »
    Nope, they should also be executed.

Well, you go and follow through on your policy in Boston and we'll see how well that goes down. Maybe start with some of the Irish bars?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Well, you go and follow through on your policy in Boston and we'll see how well that goes down. Maybe start with some of the Irish bars?

Comment reported to: https://www.gov.uk/report-suspicious-activity-to-mi5
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

I await a knock on the door!
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    :D:D

Of course there's also https://www.gov.uk/report-hate-crime

Someone has to do it or those appeasers and apologists just run free. :)
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with most Muslims. I have a problem with Islam.

It would seem that many Muslims have a problem with Islam too.

As a Muslim I don't believe you because your posts suggest you have a prejudice against Muslims and unreasonably so.

Many Muslims are happy to be Muslim. I am one of them. I don't deny there are those who don't enjoy it and have renounced it. And I know some have taken it to an extreme of faith in terrorism. If that proves anything it proves that Islam is a tool through which one can do many things.

Personally speaking the majority of Muslims use it in a way to practise their faith without impact on others. I believe it is a minority who use it for terrorism. And I believe the statistics prove that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    As a Muslim I don't believe you because your posts suggest you have a prejudice against Muslims and unreasonably so.

Many Muslims are happy to be Muslim. I am one of them. I don't deny there are those who don't enjoy it and have renounced it. And I know some have taken it to an extreme of faith in terrorism. If that proves anything it proves that Islam is a tool through which one can do many things.

Personally speaking the majority of Muslims use it in a way to practise their faith without impact on others. I believe it is a minority who use it for terrorism. And I believe the statistics prove that.

I agree.
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    And I believe the statistics prove that

The statistics prove that Islam is the most violent, racist and intolerant religion on the planet by a really large margin.
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.

The statistics prove that Islam is the most violent, racist and intolerant religion on the planet by a really large margin.

You agree yet you said Islam should be banned in civilised countries? You see why I don't believe your posts?

Which is something I and other Muslims continually working on resolving. It's a shame you don't seem to be doing much in that capacity.

And it doesn't mean anything in my life and the lives of billions of Muslims who have nothing to do with terrorism. That's a statistic for you but it seems you cannot see it for some reason.

EDIT: I don't compare religions as being the "best" or "most violent". It means nothing because the focus for me is on Muslims themselves. The number of Muslims who live ordinary lives far outweigh the terrorists amongst us. Yet people like you give far more unbalanced attention to the terrorists as if they have the upper hand, as if their way is the right way. People like me are here to tell you that it isn't. And then it's for you to resolve your discrimination against Muslims as you appear to have shown in a few posts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wired has put together a guide to the Marathon conspiracies
    http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/04/boston-marathon-conspiracies/?cid=co7392264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coming up - interview with the guy who found a bleeding bomber in his boat
    http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    This must be like christmas and easter for your garden variety islamophobe. watch as they claim, with a straight face, that they're only concerned with combating extremism .as they push the extremist interpretation of the Qur'an as the only interpretation.

Smile as they offer a faux sense of expertise on the religion they despise so much ..

It's hard to wade into these threads when increasingly so much of the content is now dominated by CT truthers and islamophobe/racists.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wired has put together a guide to the Marathon conspiracies
    http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/04/boston-marathon-conspiracies/?cid=co7392264

Got to love the internet! CTs are so far out these days. The internet means CTers can come to together and interact to try to out do each other now. Before the internet they were just lonely voices in the wilderness writing newsletters, diaries and occasionally a novel.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish the cops hadnt shot the second bomber He was trapped,going nowhere,possibly injured.They had a robot arm pull tarp off ,why couldnt they fire water jets at hm?
    Yes he was armed and firing,but his ammo wouldnt last forever. Surely some Swat/Special Forces could have sneaked up on boat,thats what they are trained to do isnt it? But no,fill boat full of lead critically injuring him.
    I cant imagine he'll ever be fit enough to stand trial.If he lives.
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Islam, and don't try deflecting the problem onto others.

Islam is a nasty ideology that should be illegal in the civilized world.

hahaha Ah Ok I see so islam caused warped perverted soldiers to sexually abuse prisoners in Abu Ghrab prison??, or laugh as they gunned/bombed down innocent people and destroyed schools etc. my god! So you can excuse the actions of these fanatics, by saying Islam drove them to do these things.

Wow, just wow!!! :eek:

And if you want to talk about nasty ideologies in the western world, how about the far right neo nazi variety that still exists in some European countries? that's actually outright hatred towards people of a different race and culture. least one thing you can say about Islam, is that it doesn't tell you to discriminate against people based on their colour and race. What kind of primitive, backward ideology is neo nazism?? You can walk into a mosque and you will see all shades, people speaking a multitude of languages, of different nationalities etc etc. Up until not so long ago, America used to practise segregation and before that slavery. Is Islamic ideology to blame for those things too?? Plenty of hate to go around my friend!

If you want to talk about extreme ideologies, i can go pretty deep.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    I do wish the cops hadnt shot the second bomber He was trapped,going nowhere,possibly injured.They had a robot arm pull tarp off ,why couldnt they fire water jets at hm?
    Yes he was armed and firing,but his ammo wouldnt last forever. Surely some Swat/Special Forces could have sneaked up on boat,thats what they are trained to do isnt it? But no,fill boat full of lead critically injuring him.
    I cant imagine he'll ever be fit enough to stand trial.If he lives.

Anyone armed, they shoot first and don't seem to care if they can answer questions later.

Why did they not approach it with the armoured car with robot arm and put in some tear gas or knock out gas?

I mean they opened fire with enough rounds that it was obvious that they didn't care about getting him alive at all. It was just an accident that he lived.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    OK, this seems odd, here I posted a tweet made by the FreeJahar_ twitter account, which was created by Troy Crossley:

"OK seems Troy didn't know him

"I may not know him personally but he has me to DM on here if he gets out. Much love to @J_tsar #freejahar #FreeDzhokhar""

this tweet no longer seems to exist, and it appears Troy Crossley did know him as he was talking about hanging out with him in March regarding doing damage & fu*king shit up with 'fireworks':

https://twitter.com/J_tsar/status/314547898165633024

troy ‏@TroyCrossley 20 Mar

@J_tsar yo i heard u n @xXjungaXx were poppen fireworks

Jahar Jahar ‏@J_tsar

@TroyCrossley @xxjungaxx I'm still around till Sunday, we can do more damage I got some more left

6:23 PM - 20 Mar 13

troy ‏@TroyCrossley 22 Mar

@J_tsar @xXjungaXx that sounds fire we gotta plan something n fuk shit up idc wat no homo #WeAintGayRelaxFaggots

@xXjungaXx is a friend of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev of Chechen origin who has also been vociferous in support of DT on twitter

8 & 5 days prior to this home made explosives were found to have been detonated near Hanover, 1/2 hours drive away from Cambridge

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/04/21/tweets-show-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-was-poppen-fireworks-and-planning-to-do-more-damage-with-friends/

"William Weimer, a vice president of Phantom Fireworks, said the elder Mr. Tsarnaev on Feb. 6 purchased two "Lock and Load" reloadable mortar kits at the company's Seabrook, N.H. store, just over the border from Massachusetts. Each kit contains a tube and 24 shells, he said. Mr. Tsarnaev paid cash for the kits, which cost $199.99 apiece."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324235304578440843633991044.html
    slick1two wrote: »
    hahaha Ah Ok I see so islam caused warped perverted soldiers to sexually abuse prisoners in Abu Ghrab prison??, or laugh as they gunned/bombed down innocent people and destroyed schools etc. my god! So you can excuse the actions of these fanatics, by saying Islam drove them to do these things.

Wow, just wow!!! :eek:
    To be fair there's plenty of abuse in prisons all over the Muslim world i.e. Egypt, Iran and elsewhere, that poster is inactive anyway so not much point responding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we stop all the religious claptrap, please?

This used to be an interesting thread and has now turned into just another religious one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "William Weimer, a vice president of Phantom Fireworks, said the elder Mr. Tsarnaev on Feb. 6 purchased two "Lock and Load" reloadable mortar kits at the company's Seabrook, N.H. store, just over the border from Massachusetts. Each kit contains a tube and 24 shells, he said. Mr. Tsarnaev paid cash for the kits, which cost $199.99 apiece."

They have fireworks called "Lock and Load" which are mortars that fire 24 shells?

That more Army Surplus than fireworks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair there's plenty of abuse in prisons all over the Muslim world i.e. Egypt, Iran and elsewhere, that poster is inactive anyway so not much point responding.

But you missed my point. I said in response to a comment which basically labled islam as the cause for all the problems in the world. That all violence is islamic extremism. it really isn't. If you break down the word terrorism as used in the context of mass murder, then there are many atrocities been committed by non muslims too. That's my point! Just because it isn't branded terrorism, they seem to get swept under the carpet, but I just highlighted a few examples, of non muslim, non islamic brutality, and the poster of that comment, did not like it. he still found a way to excuse such crimes, and yet still say islam was to blame for them.

Absolutely astonishing!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you missed my point. I said in response to a comment which basically labled islam as the cause for all the problems in the world. That all violence is islamic extremism. it really isn't. If you break down the word terrorism as used in the context of mass murder, then there are many atrocities been committed by non muslims too. That's my point! Just because it isn't branded terrorism, they seem to get swept under the carpet, but I just highlighted a few examples, of non muslim, non islamic brutality, and the poster of that comment, did not like it. he still found a way to excuse such crimes, and yet still say islam was to blame for them.

Absolutely astonishing!!!
    I reported him for other stuff he posted anyway, he was just trying to get a reaction. I didn't miss your point. There is a difference between terrorism & acts of violence i.e. mass gun killings, the latter are just purposeless acts of anger, whereas terrorism is an attempt to change society through force, fear, and murder, it is a direct attack on democracy and has to be treated more seriously than killing sprees without anything ideological behind them.

Of course there are atrocious acts committed by armies, but it's not just the US army that has committed abuses, armies & militias of every creed & culture have done so throughout history, war is just a horrid ungovernable thing. If you want to direct the ire somewhere you should do so towards the arms manufacturers who have an inherent interest in feeding & provoking conflicts (& those who do their work for them).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reported him for other stuff he posted anyway, he was just trying to get a reaction. I didn't miss your point. There is a difference between terrorism & acts of violence i.e. mass gun killings, the latter are just purposeless acts of anger, whereas terrorism is an attempt to change society through force, fear, and murder, it is a direct attack on democracy and has to be treated more seriously than killing sprees without anything ideological behind them.

Of course there are atrocious acts committed by armies, but it's not just the US army that has committed abuses, armies & militias of every creed & culture have done so throughout history, war is just a horrid ungovernable thing. If you want to direct the ire somewhere you should do so towards the arms manufacturers who have an inherent interest in feeding & provoking conflicts (& those who do their work for them).

Sorry but you still missed my point. I don't care if it is the US committing these awful violent crimes, or Israel or whatever, but state sponsored terrorism does exist, and so it's not just Islam that is responsible for it all.

Look there are nutters all over the place doing horrible sick things, putting fear in to people, terrorizing and killing in the name of many twisted things. but i'm sick of all the generalizations and abuse towards muslims.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but you still missed my point. I don't care if it is the US committing these awful violent crimes, or Israel or whatever, but state sponsored terrorism does exist, and so it's not just Islam that is responsible for it all.

Look there are nutters all over the place doing horrible sick things, putting fear in to people, terrorizing and killing in the name of many twisted things. but i'm sick of all the generalizations and abuse towards muslims.
    You were asking why soldiers were committing abuses, my point is, lots of soldiers, not just western ones commit abuses, including to their own people, you were just singling out western ones for some reason.

There is a problem with Wahhabi & Salafi ideologies influencing people to commit acts of terrorism against the west & trying to impose a more conservative ideology in general on Muslims around the world, I don't think it is helpful to ignore that problem. Of course it's also not helpful for people to say all Muslims are following those ideologies either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CNN doing the latest developments
    http://www.baqiworld.com/2011/10/watch-cnn-usa-live/