Train rage

Comments

• lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    it was only then that I realised the offender had been a small mr magoo looking old man, who had probably just voided his bowels

I felt so guilty

Why? What difference does it make what the person who nearly just killed your wife looks like?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    I think the "completely irrational" persona works well with Chavs - Or was well tested by me with some SKINHEADS(!) back in the 70's. LOL. They kept half-opening the slam-type train door and threatened to "throw me out". Eventually I opened it completely and, as it crashed against the carriage side, and the 80mph hurricane blew, I asked, which one of THEM wanted to jump out WITH me. Then it was all "Whoa, calm down mate - We didn't mean it" and soiled underpants all round! :D

In fairness, my DAD had died earlier that month and I was trying to cope with a funeral and take over as carer for my suicidal manic-depressive mother. But, to this day, I reckon I would have "taken one of them with me"! <G> Otherwise, it is rare that I lose my temper. :)
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i got off the train at gatwick my captain for the flight had been on the same carraige, and was laughing at the fact i had done it in my uniform, and the people's faces when i flipped. Thank god he had a sense of humour, or i probably would have been fired!

That's crazy! I can't believe how people could do that when you were trying to help them out!

On the flip side, I've been on a train where I was the one wanting to sit down with my wife - and the seats were all taken up with coats, bags and things deliberately put down so people could sit alone.

The wife was happy to stand, but I wasn't. It's not as if the train was busy - the seats were probably 50% people, 50% other crap.

I saw two people that had used carry-on suitcases to block off the two facing seats. So I asked, politely, if they could move their bags so we could sit down (everyone up to now has done so) - to be told in a condescending voice 'I'm getting off at the next stop anyway' and then proceed to carry on talking and blanking me completely.

Although I was tempted to sit on her bag (which would have raised me up quite considerably and looked quite funny - damn, I wish I had now) or throw their bags down the end in the HUGE LUGGAGE RACK at the end of each carriage, the wife stopped me and said we'd wait.

All I managed to do was mention the luggage rack when they got off, as well as saying very loudly 'have a nice day' in a very sarcastic voice. I got an evil stare from both of them and no doubt featured in a rather twisted version of the story told from their perspective later on that day. I am sure they felt they had done nothing wrong, but they were quite lucky that I didn't lose it and create a scene that might have wound up with BTP being called!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    That's crazy! I can't believe how people could do that when you were trying to help them out!

On the flip side, I've been on a train where I was the one wanting to sit down with my wife - and the seats were all taken up with coats, bags and things deliberately put down so people could sit alone.

The wife was happy to stand, but I wasn't. It's not as if the train was busy - the seats were probably 50% people, 50% other crap.

I saw two people that had used carry-on suitcases to block off the two facing seats. So I asked, politely, if they could move their bags so we could sit down (everyone up to now has done so) - to be told in a condescending voice 'I'm getting off at the next stop anyway' and then proceed to carry on talking and blanking me completely.

Although I was tempted to sit on her bag (which would have raised me up quite considerably and looked quite funny - damn, I wish I had now) or throw their bags down the end in the HUGE LUGGAGE RACK at the end of each carriage, the wife stopped me and said we'd wait.

All I managed to do was mention the luggage rack when they got off, as well as saying very loudly 'have a nice day' in a very sarcastic voice. I got an evil stare from both of them and no doubt featured in a rather twisted version of the story told from their perspective later on that day. I am sure they felt they had done nothing wrong, but they were quite lucky that I didn't lose it and create a scene that might have wound up with BTP being called!!!

I agree completely, it's really irritating when im standing and someone has blocked the seat next to or opposite them with thier stuff.

People used to do it on the planes with empty seats. If there was a two seater and there was only one person sat there, and after take off we wanted to move someone next to them (e.g. to give a mother with a baby on her lap more space, and the person next to them not having to hear the baby crying) then they would protest.

Always found the best thing is to say "So im assuming you've paid for two seats?". Always followed by a sheepish no and compliance. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Argh, how annoying! :mad: And what a weird argument from them - if their point was that they were getting off soon, surely they could have got ready to leave and stood by the doors instead of preventing others from sitting down :confused:
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike rude passengers,I got son who disabled and if theres seat free some rude person sits down on it( nothing wrong with them the way they rush to the seat or if you about to sit down they play it like musical chairs and sit down quicker then you .
    There are lovely passengers whom give their seat to son/or I
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Why? What difference does it make what the person who nearly just killed your wife looks like?

it was that he was old
  • MGBCTVMGBCTV Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this anything to do with living in a city or a town Ido wonder if manners isnt taught anymore be an assshole and have what you want where you are made to fel like an asshole:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MGBCTV wrote: »
    Is this anything to do with living in a city or a town Ido wonder if manners isnt taught anymore be an assshole and have what you want where you are made to fel like an asshole:(

English is the preffered language

:confused:
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My usual journey can be a choice of District or Circle line to complete the last lap of my journey. I always groaned at the District line train coming in first, and on a few occasions I have waited for a Circle line train to turn up rather than be on a line that is usually used by people who just want to escape the city no matter who they cross in their escape attempt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my other gripe is w**kers who drive through puddles to splash pedestrians. If I go past puddles, I always make sure I have a pound coin in my hand ready to throw as hard as I can at the windows/paintwork

I don't drive, so walk a lot, and I just can't understand what makes drivers do this. They must be incredibly petty and immature. I would love to know what makes them tick. Psychologically, it's fascinating. Wonder if there's anyone on here who has done this and would be brave enough to come forward and just tell me WHY? Thought not.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've always yelled something (not that they can hear me, but it makes me feel better!) as the cars speed off, or stuck my fingers up at them. Who the hell do these morons think they are, and how pathetic must they be for it to even enter their minds to do something like that?
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    When i was air hosting i got on a almost empty train to gatwick at an off peak time.

Damn. I wish I'd seen that, 'cos I go through Gatwick. :D
  • Jacko lives!Jacko lives! Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That told them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everywhere is so crowded; just about everywhere you go these days. I feel this is what is leading to all this rage and probably a lot of crime too. As I visited a few Scandinavian countries it was just such a pleasant change to walk through even a capital city that didn't suffer from overcrowding.
    The estimated population of UK is about 61 million ; I don't believe it myself I think the government daren't tell us the true figure.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsBambi wrote: »
    I was on the tube!

When I worked in London, I never felt more provoked, or encountered more crass arrogance, than when using the tube. On one occasion, I was standing on the platform and some City type in a smart suit just literally walked straight at me, knocking me out of the way. I quickly followed him, and rabbit punched him on the back of his head, then immediately assumed a normal stationary stance, as though nothing had happened. So when he turned round, he never had a clue.

London being london, no-one was even vaguely interested in what had just happened, either. So I exacted punishment without retribution.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    English is the preffered language

:confused:

Sorry about that had a bit of a bad day when writing the post only relised how confusing it was when I later read it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brunnen-G wrote: »
    Everywhere is so crowded; just about everywhere you go these days. I feel this is what is leading to all this rage and probably a lot of crime too. As I visited a few Scandinavian countries it was just such a pleasant change to walk through even a capital city that didn't suffer from overcrowding.
    The estimated population of UK is about 61 million ; I don't believe it myself I think the government daren't tell us the true figure.

Yes I agree. I don't think we are meant to live in such densely populated communities, I get angry 'cos London is way over-populated. And they are building more and more homes in smaller and smaller spaces. And people wonder why we are stressed out and rage.

I must say though, I like a good rage. A bit OT but this made me SO RAGE today - a blooming cold call...

A random number phoned me and says "are you the homeowner?". I said "who is this, what is this number?". He said "are you the homeowner? Who am I speaking to?". I said "tell me who you are first". He started to get angry and just repeated the same thing. I said "right, YOU don't phone ME and ask ME who you are speaking to. You've just phoned me so you should know that. What company is this?". He wouldn't say and kept repeating the question in an exasperated way. I said "right you tell me who you are or I'm hanging up". And the d*ckhead just kept on with the original question and I hung up.

Love it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsBambi, don't beat yourself up over it. Everybody loses control at one point, just have to stop it from becoming a habit.

The girl sounded like a complete witch anyway.
    i had a similar incident with Cat Dealey

i could smell the alcohol too. filthy mouth on her. i dont care how well she is doing stateside i told her. she did not like that. when i got off the train i shouted

"and I like Fearne Cotton better than you" oh the icy look she gave me before the expletives came

never mess with The Tornado would be my message to tv presenters:mad:

:D:D

I think I may have a poor sense of humour to have actually found that hilarious. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brunnen-G wrote: »

I totally a gree with this. There's no escape from people anymore; I'm not surprised there are so many depressed, psychotic and ill people around. It's awful, and out of control, and only seems to be getting worse and worse and worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think people have become ruder compared to years ago
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    MGBCTV wrote: »
    Do you think people have become ruder compared to years ago

Who gives a f***? Seriously! :mad: :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starsburn wrote: »
    I totally a gree with this. There's no escape from people anymore; I'm not surprised there are so many depressed, psychotic and ill people around. It's awful, and out of control, and only seems to be getting worse and worse and worse.

It's not to bad in Edinburgh. It's a small city and we have plenty of green spaces, and we also have the sea close by.

I'm originally from a small village, so I'm not too keen on big cities, but I feel really settled here. The only time I really feel hemmed in is when it's coming up to Xmas. The streets are mobbed then.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yoiu know what youve remineded me of incident last week ...i was shaking with rage and acted very rude which isnt usually in character.

last week or maybe week before i parked my car in public car park at night when came apparent id be drinking with friends, snow was on the ground so i couldnt see lines just parked near other vehicles.

the next day i got a taxi from my friends back to the car, was in a rush to meet my father and was trying to enter the post code in sat nav *it was having none of it* and was taking a few mins. in the corner of my eye saw a woman walk over from the pavement, she knocked on my window looking at me like a piece of shit and told me that i was over the parking bay line so almost taking two spaces...i looked around... there were a good 10 free (including on the same row) ...what?! lost the plot told her to mind her own effing business there were plenty free so she was either a headbanger or a busybody either way to sod off ...she told me she would be complaining to the parking management (pay and display) -i explained angrily that i had parked there in the snow so hadnt seen the lines....at which she told me if i couldnt park i shouldnt be effing driving.

why did this occur!
  • moon unitmoon unit Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who gives a f***? Seriously! :mad: :rolleyes:

:D:D:D
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having said this, I was on a train last night (Paddington->Bristol) and was trying to get 40 winks, except the person in the seat behind me was playing rubbish R&B music on their phone - not through earphones, but on the speaker! I don't understand why people cannot cope on a 90 minute train journey quietly! What do they think is going to happen to them if they go a few hours without music?

You have that nearly everywhere these days, it's very rare I can get on a bus or train and there isn't someone blasting awful music though their mobile phone loudspeaker. Just what happened to the wonderful invention of headphones? It wouldn't be as bad if the music was any good, but it isn't. It's always awful urban/r&b/hip-hop crap. It makes you want to grab their phone and hurl it out the window.