Options

The "All New" (Old) Gadget Show 2: The Re-Launch - Mondays @ 8pm on C5

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruined. wtf is r.reiley doing there she's a mathematician not a gaget geek. new sudio is just weird.
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Continuing to be enjoyable once more. Rachel doing fine and settling with Jason and his gregarious hyper manner, but she's moved to main presenter with ease.

Would like to have known why other tablets were discarded in the test, as would have thought Dell would feature.

Good to see the guest testers of the film and music sites allowed to express honest opinions and be left without influence.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ratings have gone up a bit as well around 800.000 watched and was lower before plus repeat showings make more to.

That's good to see. Hopefully the producers will see that they didn't actually have to throw out the original format after all and just make a few tweaks.

It's just a shame it cost them Suzi and Ortis.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    That's good to see. Hopefully the producers will see that they didn't actually have to throw out the original format after all and just make a few tweaks.

It's just a shame it cost them Suzi and Ortis.

I don't think Suzi cares these days now she's got the F1 gig
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    I quite liked the "world tour" style that the programme adopted.

However, it's a shame that it came at a cost of the proper show.

Good to see it back again, Jon Bentley is TV gold and it does seem to be a more fact heavy than before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Suzi cares these days now she's got the F1 gig

Oh she doesn't now, but I do think she would have been happy to stay if they'd gone to this format instead of the world tour. They didn't choose to leave - C5 let them go to use the extra money for Jason and Polly's round the world jolly.
  • Options
    446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RR looked a lot better last night.
    I doubt in a million years she would have read my comments about her backside, but if so - I apologise :)
    ... but those jeans really didn't do anything for her.
    And anyway, she's still very pretty and smart. So, as they say, "I still would" :)
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    I don't mind her, but she has zero chemistry with Jason - still...
    I really do wonder sometimes if we're all watching the same show :confused::)
    Credit to the team for listening to what we had to say about the World Tour show.
    You really think a handful of people on a forum could have such an effect? No. I don't.
    ... were brave enough to admit the format was not working...
    Would you please cite for me where made this admission. Thanks. I ask again only because no-one else has been able to.
    mikw wrote: »
    I quite liked the "world tour" style that the programme adopted.
    So did I and one or two others in this thread. But we really actually can't have done because "everyone knows it was crap" or something like that! :rolleyes:
    ... for Jason and Polly's round the world jolly.
    Oh not this nonsense again. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh not this nonsense again. :rolleyes:

You know I actually forgot to put you on ignore. It happens - I forget stuff. All you've done with your latest tirade is confirm that it's nothing to do with disagreeing about the World Tour format. Basically, your attitude stinks. You contribute nothing to this thread apart your usual condescendingly smug dismissal of everything you don't agree with.

It was quite clear that people had actually started discussing the show and how much they liked it, but oh no, we can't have that can we?. You're like the stereotypical old man who sits outside and shouts at the kids to keep away from his bins.

I just hope everyone who actually wants to discuss the show as it is just sees you for the attention seeking fool you come across as and ignores you as well.
  • Options
    SpruceSpruce Posts: 1,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noticed on one of their info boxes they were unable to spell metres.
    Perhaps they could find a gadget to help with their spelling?:)

Think this series is getting back to the old format and better for it, I still ff quite a bit though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You know I actually forgot to put you on ignore. {snip}
    No offence, but what the hell are you on about? :confused:

The comment to which you replied was my response to your stance that the 'World Tour' was purely and simply a "jolly" for the presenters. Which, of course, is quite plainly, simply and obviously complete nonsense (and that's putting it politely :mad:)

I CBA to formulate any sort of response to the rest of the crap you posted. I am more than happy to discuss things with people and for them to discuss the show with or without contributions from me. I like the show; I have always liked the show and will continue to watch it and like it whatever format they use.

Would you like to start properly discussing exactly how - despite the hundreds of thousands of viewers the shows got - you think a handful of people on a forum were able to influence a whole TV production team into realising that the 'World Tour' was a "failure" and they should go back to the original format; or would you just like to continue to ignore that and insult me some more?

(Don't worry. I know which you'll chose; and it won't be the former :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you like to start properly discussing exactly how - despite the hundreds of thousands of viewers the shows got - you think a handful of people on a forum were able to influence a whole TV production team into realising that the 'World Tour' was a "failure" and they should go back to the original format

Frankly, no. As I said, you contribute nothing to this thread so I see no reason for any further interaction. If you want to continue your usual pattern of multi-quoting everyone who disagrees with you just to dismiss what they say then go right ahead. I'm really not interested any more.
  • Options
    SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bradbury must go
  • Options
    446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? He's larger than life, entertaining.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the point of continuing with the Memory Stick thingy when it was obviously physically damaged beyond repair? do the makers claim it can withstand a sledge hammer wielded by a Hulk?.
    Rachael is out of her depth, it look as if she wished she wernt there, especially when "Hulk" picked her up.
  • Options
    ZaichikZaichik Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    That test would have made more sense if they'd tested the stick after each session of abuse to see at what point it actually failed.
  • Options
    SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    446.09375 wrote: »

No, he's not. Each to their own
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Rachael is out of her depth, it look as if she wished she wernt there, especially when "Hulk" picked her up.
    She was supposed to act alarmed for that; as if she hadn't expected it. If you watched 2 seconds later when it switched to slow motion with the data balloons, in that take she looked quite serene.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Frankly, no. As I said, you contribute nothing to this thread so I see no reason for any further interaction. If you want to continue your usual pattern of multi-quoting everyone who disagrees with you just to dismiss what they say then go right ahead. I'm really not interested any more.
    This is a discussion forum. If you want to only post to agree with people and/or ignore people who you don't agree with then that's fine; but it does kinda defeat the idea of Forums.
    Bradbury must go
    446.09375 wrote: »
    No, he's not. Each to their own
    Now come on guys. You know you're only supposed to agree with everyone else; or JasonWatkins might get upset :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now come on guys. You know you're only supposed to agree with everyone else; or JasonWatkins might get upset :D

Pathetic .. but then I'm not surprised.

Anyway, you should really read your own 'advice'. Rather than snidely dismissing everyone's opinion, especially if they dare criticise the World Tour format, maybe you could actually try discussing the show for once?
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’m really enjoying the new format and Rachel is a great addition (never really seen her on anything else).

While I didn’t dislike the World Tour format, I didn’t particularly like it either. Personally I think it would have made a good spin off in addition to the original programme. But maybe it gave the traditional format a much needed break (for them and us) which is why a lot of us are enjoying the (slightly tweaked) return? Just a theory.
  • Options
    SnapeyDSSnapeyDS Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I was getting bored with the last 2 or 3 series. Now im completely done with it. Even when ive recorded it and could quickly skip commercials and competitions. Seeing an adult male have an orgasm over a pair of headphones doesnt quite work for me :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pathetic .. but then I'm not surprised.
    It was you who said we should agree on everything.
    Anyway, you should really read your own 'advice'. Rather than snidely dismissing everyone's opinion, especially if they dare criticise the World Tour format, maybe you could actually try discussing the show for once?
    But I was discussing the show. Some people made comments and I posted my comments on those comments. That's how these forum things work, you know. It's called discussing stuff :rolleyes:

I put my thoughts on the show in a previous post so I won't waste anyone's time repeating them.
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    But maybe it gave the traditional format a much needed break ....
    That is certainly a far more plausible theory than the one some other people have come up with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was you who said we should agree on everything

You know damn well I said no such thing.
    But I was discussing the show. Some people made comments and I posted my comments on those comments. That's how these forum things work, you know. It's called discussing stuff :rolleyes:

I'm going to borrow part of a post from another forum member who replied to your "discussion" in the cable forum, so I hope he doesn't mind. I only need to replace the word "TiVo" with "The Gadget Show" and the rest of the snippet applies 100% to this thread ..
    .. I suspect differing opinions are a major problem for you where The Gadget Show is concerned, judging by the way you leap on any post criticising it in any manner whatsoever by resorting to the supercilious, patronising and sarcastic manner you seem unable to resist, epitomised by your aforementioned fondness for childish rolleyes smileys.

But I really am done now. I'm not going to hijack this thread any more because it's not fair on the other people who want to discuss the show. I would tell you to grow up and accept that there are people in this world who don't like the same things you do, but since your profile actually says you're older than me, I suspect that will never happen ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm going to borrow part of a post from another forum member who replied to your "discussion" in the cable forum, so I hope he doesn't mind.
    I certainly do mind as it's completely irrelevant to this thread and this discussion. If you can't make your own comments and have to rely on other people then perhaps you have a weak argument :)
    But I really am done now. I'm not going to hijack this thread any more because it's not fair on the other people who want to discuss the show.
    Yes, like me for example.
    I would tell you to grow up and accept that there are people in this world who don't like the same things you do...
    You could do to learn the same lesson as you disagree with me. Wow! The irony :) The difference being I am happy to discuss our differences - which is what one does on a discussion forum such as this - whereas you seem to not be.