Katie's Voice....

NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Every week I tune in, I'm primed and ready for another week of action and antics but as soon as I hear her voice it's like someone scratching their nails down a chalkboard!

I hope this doesn't come across as prejudice in any way (cos she's from up North) but as (patronising and cliched as this may sound) she actually does appear to be a really nice girl but every time she speaks all I see and hear is that God awful er "comedienne" Sarah Millican.

Also, the silly faces she pulls when she's pipped at being PM make me want to stick my fingers down my throat as well.

She's nice but that's all in my opinion. Her voice just kills me lol....

Comments

• Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice, glasses, little girl mannerisms, gleeful jumping etc etc. she is one complete packet of irritability.

Mr. Sugar loves her. Enuff said.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's efficient, businesslike, professional, by far the least conceited candidate. But thats not good enough because you don't like her accent?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more I read the forums on DS, the more I am convinced we are in 1971.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    If you find her hard to listen to, have a re-watch of Series 8, paying particular close attention to the candidate called Jenna.
  • 4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    She's efficient, businesslike, professional, by far the least conceited candidate. But thats not good enough because you don't like her accent?

Quite!
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I like her accent, but that tone (or is it the pitch) to her voice could cut through glass.

Might come in handy though, as it would probably be more unfortunate if she had a soft whispery voice. At least people will take notice of her while she speaks, though they might be grimacing at the same time.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree.

If she hadn't been there in the last task the guys would still be stropping over who should be selling the hot tubs!....:D
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her accent, but then I'm from the same place!
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    Noush wrote: »
    Aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Every week I tune in, I'm primed and ready for another week of action and antics but as soon as I hear her voice it's like someone scratching their nails down a chalkboard!

I hope this doesn't come across as prejudice in any way (cos she's from up North) but as (patronising and cliched as this may sound) she actually does appear to be a really nice girl but every time she speaks all I see and hear is that God awful er "comedienne" Sarah Millican.

Also, the silly faces she pulls when she's pipped at being PM make me want to stick my fingers down my throat as well.

She's nice but that's all in my opinion. Her voice just kills me lol....

Why the "" to describe Sarah Millican as a comedian? She is one, there's no "" about it.

Plus she's a comedian, not a comedienne, we're not in the 80's anymore.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does have an annoying voice, but she's a good candidate. I like her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like her voice, it kind of lightens up the programme when she speaks in a weird way. Would rather listen to her squeaky Newcastle accent then a monotone, corporate London one.
  • Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is a difference between voice and accent.
  • Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    Her voice, glasses, little girl mannerisms, gleeful jumping etc etc. she is one complete packet of irritability.

Mr. Sugar loves her. Enuff said.

She's a sneaky one (one to backstab) and you're right her voice (not accent) is irritating..
  • Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marie4eva wrote: »

I like a NE accent, but Katie's monotone is just so... DULL.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    The more I read the forums on DS, the more I am convinced we are in 1971.

"It's a god-awful small affair..." :D
  • Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you find her hard to listen to, have a re-watch of Series 8, paying particular close attention to the candidate called Jenna.

Or Katie Hopkins, total bollocks came out of her mouth most of the time with a faux posh accent
  • Debb1eDebb1e Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    I quite like her voice, it kind of lightens up the programme when she speaks in a weird way. Would rather listen to her squeaky Newcastle accent then a monotone, corporate London one.

It's a Sunderland accent, not Newcastle. There's a big difference! :p
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marie4eva wrote: »
    Ok, replace "accent" with "voice" in my post. The sentiment remains the same.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only vocal mannerism that's annoyed me is James' obsession with putting his balls on the line, and he won't be getting a chance to do that again!
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely girl awful voice
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member

It's not a Newcastle accent. She's a Mackem (Sunderland) and Millican is a Sanddancer (South Shields).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually quite like her voice, but am rapidly going off her. She and Mark were a particularly noxious duo this week. Before Sugar had even finished asking "Whose idea was the skeleton?", her every appendage was shooting towards Felipe.
  • FriedGoldFriedGold Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I can absolutely assure you that nobody from Newcastle talks like that. Her voice goes right through me.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She isn't very nice. It is not just her voice. Quite a smug lady as well. Very offputting
  • Sam_GlenSam_Glen Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    It's a crap voice with an accent that grates.
    Those suggesting Sarah Millican is a comedian rather than a comedienne have obvioulsly never seen any good comedy. She's neither, whatever corner of PC one inhabits.
    I have a particular affection for Lancashire accents.so not a snobby prejudice, just not keen on grating voices.