Increasingly dippy Solomon

TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
Forum Member
✭✭
His dippy act, messy hair, loopy eye movements, distant expression and skewed tie make it seem as if he's not quite back from his trip on acid. Or whatever he was on.

There was a moment in the latest episode where I half-expected him to tie his tie around his head, make a V from his fingers and say "Groovy" next to Steve the Skeleton.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    There is something odd about him and his act with the skeleton was embarrassing,
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I think he's a fake.

Does he really expect us to believe that an intelligent guy like him can't tie a tie, and can't pronounce anatomical. Also his stupid comments like 'I didn't even know that paper skeletons existed.'

Why is he acting stupid?
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Allegedly he's made a sex tape so worried viewers may want to gounge their eyes out before it becomes public.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I think he's a fake.

Does he really expect us to believe that an intelligent guy like him can't tie a tie, and can't pronounce anatomical. Also his stupid comments like 'I didn't even know that paper skeletons existed.'

Why is he acting stupid?

I don't think that any of those things are big deals, it's just that the edit is focussing on them. Personally I find it hard to put a tie on, and also I struggle to tie my shoelaces, just because I have a couple of spacial difficulties. It doesn't feel like that big a deal - if I'm in a situation where I'm struggling, I can just say, 'Could someone help me out over here please?' - but if I was on a reality TV show that may be played up. It's the same with the other things - everyone has at some point struggled to pronounce a certain word or not been aware of something that is blindingly obvious to others. Other things we have seen of Solomon have shown him to be quite bright.
  • fallfallfallfallfallfall Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    is he on drugs?
  • DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was grinning like a loon during one of the pitches yesterday. Not just a smile, but it looked like he was away with the fairies.

He's not the worst candidate this year, not by a long shot but he's distinctly average for me. When you're paired with Daniel and he gets the plaudits, you know something's amiss...
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a joke! "I'd leave this Tea Pot in the fridge for one of my buddies after an exam!"

Yeah OK Sol, this premium pudding is clearly aimed at the student market.
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    This boy comes across as particularly dense; the inane grinning has been doing my head in for weeks and if indeed he is deliberately trying to mispronounce words to dumb himself down, more fool him; what's worse than being stupid is being reasonably intelligent but trying to look stupid. Hoping he gets absolutely ripped to shreds by Claude et al next week, as there's no way he should ever have made it this far in the first place.
  • Number-CruncherNumber-Cruncher Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    He's the stereotypical chocolate teapot. Totally immature, gormless grin that makes me want to go on anger management training.
    It just seems he's not taking the whole process seriously, just there for a laugh and AMAZINGLY still in it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Solomon. He seems like he's enjoying being part of the process and he strikes me as someone who's very intelligent, albeit a bit awkward sometimes. He hasn't made any big mistakes on any of the tasks and works well within a team. He reminds me of Tom Pellereau a bit, and if his business plan turns out to be viable, my money is on him to win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    marvola45 wrote: »
    I like Solomon. He seems like he's enjoying being part of the process and he strikes me as someone who's very intelligent, albeit a bit awkward sometimes. He hasn't made any big mistakes on any of the tasks and works well within a team. He reminds me of Tom Pellereau a bit, and if his business plan turns out to be viable, my money is on him to win.

Yeah, I know he's on a TV show and can expect the flak that comes with it, but he doesn't have many faults and the faults he does have are nothing major.
  • victortowinvictortowin Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I've liked Solomon from the start; he's a tecky cool geek, completely different to the others.

I met him at Green Park tube and he came over to talk, very very friendly guy . I hope he wins
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's an idiotic posh boy trying to act 'cool'. Embarrassing to watch really.
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he trying to be the new Joey Essex with some of his dippy comments?

He has gone from being quite a good performer to being a bit of a joker. Shame.
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    He's the only contestant that may as well be a ghost in terms of being addressed much less criticised throughout the process.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    He's the only contestant that may as well be a ghost in terms of being addressed much less criticised throughout the process.

Quite surprising when we consider the fact Sugar had a go at Roisin and some others for hiding.
  • Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AG Verve wrote: »
    Yeah, I know he's on a TV show and can expect the flak that comes with it, but he doesn't have many faults and the faults he does have are nothing major.

Possible because he does not actually do anything and considering that quite a few others have been accused - and indeed fired for "hiding" I am amazed that he is still here and even more amazed that no one - not least Sugar - have not said a word.

And in my opinion he does indeed have two major faults - he is an idiot and gormless which does not bode well for a success in business.

I don't know what his business plan is and I will be more than interested to see both it and his "interviews".
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's v young

and edits can be v misleading ...
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he reminds me of Boris Johnson??
  • Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he reminds me of Boris Johnson??

I would be interested to learn why this is because apart from the obvious no similarity in terms of looks Boris has actually a quick and sharp mind - very intelligent indeed.

And I can't say the same for Soloman. The nearest similarity I could come up with is that Boris does on occasions act the fool. Solomon also tries to act the fool - problem is that he is a fool in my opinion.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Just re-watching Series 10. Cringing at Solomon mistaking chamomile for caramel - so obviously fake.