✭✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    Angel had some great characters:

Lilah morgan
    lindsay mcdonald
    Kate lockley
    Holland manners
    Gavin park

Well written & acted characters that would have fitted in well in sunnydale,Stephanie Romanov played lilah amazingly,so beilevable in the part.
    I always wanted wolfram & hart to go after buffy in an episode but it never happened sadly,angel had a feeling of grown-upness about it but like buffy it had it's funny moments..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCYlsFagq_k

I know what you mean by Wolfram & Hart going after Buffy....it felt like this was an area they could have touched upon for a possible cross over scenario! :cool: But alas there we go.

It is funny you mention "grown upness" there because in a sense from "City Of" we completely were seperated from Buffys gradual growth from High School into adulthood and in Angel it was BAM this is him that much older in a more Urban atmosphere and also its like the only real link to the gradual growth was Cordelia in season 1...and even then she had to severely change it up to an L.A atmosphere.....it was like the Cordy in season 2 onwards was completely different.....but also it felt suited too.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cordelia deserved a much better exit than she got.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »

The fun loving,outgoing quick witted cordy we saw in buffy & the first 3 seasons of angel was gone when she assended,the character totally changed & i wasn't as fond of her.

Her exit wasn't bad because she came back & did some good but if i'm being honest i'd have left her as she was when we first saw he in angel.
    the series lost a bit of humour & a great character when she changed
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fun loving,outgoing quick witted cordy we saw in buffy & the first 3 seasons of angel was gone when she assended,the character totally changed & i wasn't as fond of her.

Her exit wasn't bad because she came back & did some good but if i'm being honest i'd have left her as she was when we first saw he in angel.

But surely you didn't expect the visions not to have have any effect on her? Continuous skull splitting headaches and visions of people in pain and terror is gonna have an impact on anyone's sunny disposition. Amongst othe things, the show was about growing up and facing the harshness of real world, and when we do that it's near impossible to remain as happy go lucky as we were when we were younger.

Her ultimate fate did suck, but all the humans in Angel got a raw deal by the end. All part of it being a darker, more adult show I guess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I think that that was also a main criticism of mine too...in season 3 and 4 Cordy just really changed and it didnt feel like she was a character anymore....well for most of season 3 she was Cordy, but it felt like she was merely a vessel for the Powers That Be realy which became more apparent in season 4....all i am saying is that yes i feel her being written out was such a poor way for Cordelia to go....BUT i love that she came back for the shows 100th episode at least and managed to bring some old skool Cordy back into it again :)

And yeh i must say season 3 and 4 kinda had a more humourless angle for Angel....whereas on Buffy in season 6 when it hit its darker/harsher storylines there was always that kinda buoyancy about it and kinetic feel of dark humour being utilised to its advantage too. On Angel it got a bit bleak.....but as i say i did enjoy what they did with the Beast storyline and the fact Faith and WIllow came on board to resolve that storyline was even more of a bonus :cool:
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »

Yes.

She also deserved to be in all of Season 5. It would've been a better season with her to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Yes.

She also deserved to be in all of Season 5. It would've been a better season with her to be honest.

You know what i do sometimes rewatch season 5 of Angel and think what if Cordy had been there....i reckon she may have had a lot of SPikes dialogue perhaps. Would have been interesting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Random question time. I noticed something odd about the picture quality in a episode and wanted to know if others dvds have it or whether it is a fault with mine.

In the episode Older and far away, series 6, 20 mins in theres a tracking camera shot along the ceiling looking down at all the characters when they are trapped in the house and the picture goes a little bit distorted for a brief moment.

Is this just a minor defect with the way the episode was shot? If other people could look on their dvd's and post here I'd apprecite it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last nights Doctor Who " The Name Of The Doctor" finale felt like a mini tick box of Buffy eps...in particular "Hush" and "the gift"....in terms of pace and charge....and the idea of identity and self sacrifice....and pretty darn eerie foes to face...have to love it! :D

was a corker of an ep btw....for Who fans ;)....Shawny you there too :D
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of getting the big hardback collections of Buffy season 8, they look beautiful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting the big hardback collections of Buffy season 8, they look beautiful.

Ooh i dont think i have seen them :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 years ago today Chosen aired in the US...5 million American fans tuned in to see Buffy and co fight against the first evil, the ubervamps and Caleb and see the end of SUnnydale....here is to it kerchink!

Cannot believe it...and in 5 weeks time it will be 10 years since it finished here in the UK! ah man!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 years ago today Chosen aired in the US...5 million American fans tuned in to see Buffy and co fight against the first evil, the ubervamps and Caleb and see the end of SUnnydale....here is to it kerchink!

Cannot believe it...and in 5 weeks time it will be 10 years since it finished here in the UK! ah man!

10 years? Wow, whenever I watch Buffy though I sometimes forget how old it is, just the way the show was, the language, the storylines and the characters seemed so modern, I watch it knowing it's 10 or more years old but it feels like it could have been made yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 years? Wow, whenever I watch Buffy though I sometimes forget how old it is, just the way the show was, the language, the storylines and the characters seemed so modern, I watch it knowing it's 10 or more years old but it feels like it could have been made yesterday.

Thats what i adore about it...i mean a bit like Friends...it very much is the 90s/early 00s...BUT it has a timeless quality i love about it.

Funny you mention language there, i do love that Joss didnt stick with a "catchphrase" like he said...he invented his own speak/language for the character that can apply literally any time...its amazing.

And utter timeless quality.....but i do need a marathon soon....i think in 5 weeks or so i will have enough time to :) plus that will be when the show finished in the UK so yeah :D

But true 10 years, which means its almost 20 :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    amazing to think it's 10 years ago it finished, i'd still like Joss to do that spin off with Giles, however unlikely it may be!
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    andrewhh wrote: »
    amazing to think it's 10 years ago it finished, i'd still like Joss to do that spin off with Giles, however unlikely it may be!

Was that the one that would have featured a young Giles/Ripper? That would be great.
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is just the perfect television show. There is not a character that I don't miss. Even Riley :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is just the perfect television show. There is not a character that I don't miss. Even Riley :eek:

It was IMO the perfect cast, crew, characters from start to finish...as you say i loved everyone there...my main nuisance was mainly the way Kennedy was brought in in season 7, but at least she was given some storyline to work with...it just didnt feel as organic as Willow and Tara however :(

But i do miss them.

And yes i would still love Ripper to happen really :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Kennedy? I don't miss her.

I actually found that the more times I've watched season 4, the less I dislike Riley. The first time round I really didn't like him, but he has grown on me. Still one of my least favourite characters but I no longer dislike him. I could watch season 7 a million times though and I would still dislike Kennedy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zieler wrote: »

I actually found that the more times I've watched season 4, the less I dislike Riley. The first time round I really didn't like him, but he has grown on me. Still one of my least favourite characters but I no longer dislike him. I could watch season 7 a million times though and I would still dislike Kennedy.

Is it possible though that the reason people dislike Kennedy is because she was essentially just a replacement for Tara in terms of her being Willow's new girlfriend?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it possible though that the reason people dislike Kennedy is because she was essentially just a replacement for Tara in terms of her being Willow's new girlfriend?

I think that was a bit of the reason I disliked her, but the main reason is that she was an arrogant, selfish, bossy little brat. If there had been no fleshing out of her character, it would actually have improved her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

here,here although has to be said The Killer In Me was a brilliant episode.

and Riley i think a lot agreed that it was the fifth season he suddenly didnt have anything much to do...i also loved that he fundamentally was showcased not as Buffys true love....but her true love was instead her bond with Dawn which i found beautiful. But in season 4 yeah all is cool...in fact i never really disliked RIley at all.
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that was a bit of the reason I disliked her, but the main reason is that she was an arrogant, selfish, bossy little brat. If there had been no fleshing out of her character, it would actually have improved her.

This. I loved it when she mouthed off to Faith and Faith swiftly put her in her place.
    here,here although has to be said The Killer In Me was a brilliant episode.

"What are you doing?"
    "Bringing you back to life..."

Eugh! :sleep:

I thought it was a terrible episode. Why was Amy randomly thrown in there? Her motivation for hexing Willow didn't make sense. The 'Is Giles the First' thing was too unbelievable. Seriously, not one of the Scoobies had hugged him at all since he came back? Really? Then Kennedy just being Kennedy. She was going on like she knew Willow inside and out. Her dialogue with Willow just felt so forced. There's so many things wrong with that episode. I hate it.