Options

EE why is max begging for forgiveness

AshMan123AshMan123 Posts: 5,530
Forum Member
?????

From memory one daughter had the evidence to show he wasn't guilty and the other gave him up to the police. Surely it's both of them who should be begging for forgiveness.

Also why is Abbie acting the way she is she backed the Mitchell's against her own family and look what happened

Comments

• Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    :confused:

I was sitting here thinking I missed something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    :confused:

I was sitting here thinking I missed something.

Glad it's not just me. The way Abbie in particular was carrying on it was all max,s fault he got sent to prison
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frankly it's ridiculous >:(. However I like the idea of Max wanting to do whatever it takes to get his daughters back.

Great scenes though.
  • Options
    fanner102fanner102 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's p*ssing me off.
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is puzzling isn't it.

As an aside, I'd forgotten how much I dislike Max and his permanently miserable face.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    AshMan123 wrote: »
    Glad it's not just me. The way Abbie in particular was carrying on it was all max,s fault he got sent to prison

Abi and Jack are the two most irritating characters for me at the moment. Was Jack always such a shit?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Abi and Jack are the two most irritating characters for me at the moment. Was Jack always such a shit?

Yes he always was. I've always disliked him and st Tanya who are/were sanctimonious hypocrites
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always Max having to apologize no matter what. I predicted this foolishness months ago. It's a good thing I am not watching.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Yes he always was. I've always disliked him and st Tanya who are/were sanctimonious hypocrites

Agreed.

Jack has always been a nasty piece of work. Remember how he was with Max when sleeping with Tanya? He didn't even blink when he found out Tanya had buried him alive in a coffin! And was more than happy to take Maxs children to France to live.

If anything, I'd say that his being reasonably nice at the beginning of the year was the oit of character period and SOC has taken him back to his true personality.

Max is always portrayed as having to beg for forgiveness, even if he is as much sinned agInst than sinner.
  • Options
    MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi threw max under the bus just to get her gay boyfriend off the hook. Lauren could have for her dad out of jail at any point. Ian and jane watched an innocent man go down for 20 years. It is ridiculous that max is the one going round asking for forgiveness. BUT there is no way he is going to just forgive and forget! Give it time, things are going to stay going wrong for them all but it will be sly little things, leading up to bigger problems. Max is going to be behind it all but he'll be pretending to be their best friend so they don't suspect it's him. Bring it on! he'll be after the mitchells as well no doubt!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly as above.

Max has not forgiven but he's lulling them into a false sense of security. Keep your friends close and you enemies closer logic.

And because he's been punished and made to crawl for forgiveness so many times in the past, they don't see it as out of character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Exactly as above.

Max has not forgiven but he's lulling them into a false sense of security. Keep your friends close and you enemies closer logic.

And because he's been punished and made to crawl for forgiveness so many times in the past, they don't see it as out of character.

With the Beales I completely get that and not a bad way of playing it....

But his own children?
  • Options
    phil.cphil.c Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is obvious he has plans for those that knowingly let him go to prison.

There were enough clues on Christmas day.
  • Options
    phil.cphil.c Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But his own children?

His own children didn't give a thought to him.

I actually hope he has plans to teach them a bit of a lesson.

Especially the entitled Abi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    phil.c wrote: »
    His own children didn't give a thought to him.

I actually hope he has plans to teach them a bit of a lesson.

Especially the entitled Abi.

Very true could not believe the hipocrasy of Abbie just acting like some spoilt Brat. My main reason for the post was not how Max was acting but how others ( Abbie in particular) were acting towards him at least the beales ( ok Jane) showed some sign of guilt
  • Options
    Forum Member

But his own children?

I think it is hardthe to know how you'd feel about your children if they'd betrayed you the way Lauren and Abi have. One lied on the stand to say she knew he'd killed Lucy and the other actually knew who'd done it and kept quiet after he was arrested and charged.

Of course you'd like to believe that you'd find it in your heart to forgive your offspring but it might be hard to in practise.
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Probably because he has been a bit of a **** to his family all.these years and wants forgi eness. He's come to understand part.of the reason they his kids acted they way they did was their disdain for his past behaviours
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Abi is unbelievable. She actually thinks that he is the one in the wrong!

But as I say, they've had years of Max taking being treated like xxxxon their shoes and having ti beg for their forgiveness. Look at all the times they kicked him out of his own house! Not Tanya doing it, the girls! And he's alwYs Ccepted it. Most men I know wouldn't, even if they had been in the wrong re the marriage break up. They'd turn round and tell thier kids that until they start paying the mortgage, they don't get to decide who lives in the house, it's between him and his wife to sort out. But no, Macx has always just meekly taken it.

So, hardly surprising Abi expects ot yo happen like that again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Abi is unbelievable. She actually thinks that he is the one in the wrong!

But as I say, they've had years of Max taking being treated like xxxxon their shoes and having ti beg for their forgiveness. Look at all the times they kicked him out of his own house! Not Tanya doing it, the girls! And he's alwYs Ccepted it. Most men I know wouldn't, even if they had been in the wrong re the marriage break up. They'd turn round and tell thier kids that until they start paying the mortgage, they don't get to decide who lives in the house, it's between him and his wife to sort out. But no, Macx has always just meekly taken it.

So, hardly surprising Abi expects ot yo happen like that again.

Off topic has someone been on the pop
  • Options
    Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im glad it wasn't just me confused - i asked myself why this self entitled biaatch is demanding an apology from him.

But I do agree that he's playing the long game and lulling them all into a sense of false security so their guard is down. And I hope he picks them off one by one. :D
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phil.c wrote: »
    It is obvious he has plans for those that knowingly let him go to prison.

There were enough clues on Christmas day.

My thoughts exactly , he sent the turkey to Stacey to be nice so the pudding to Ian must have been from him and with "love from Lucy" on it is not the sign of someone looking to move on and forgive.

He is biding his time and lulling those who went against him into a false sense of security
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed.

Jack has always been a nasty piece of work. Remember how he was with Max when sleeping with Tanya? He didn't even blink when he found out Tanya had buried him alive in a coffin! And was more than happy to take Maxs children to France to live.

If anything, I'd say that his being reasonably nice at the beginning of the year was the oit of character period and SOC has taken him back to his true personality.

Max is always portrayed as having to beg for forgiveness, even if he is as much sinned agInst than sinner.

To be fair, Max and Tanya were separated when Jack got together with her and if Max really cared about either of them he would have accepted them as a couple, not tried to frame Jack for attempted murder and tried to split them up. After all if it hadn't been for his affair with Stacey, he and Tanya would never have split up to begin with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My thoughts are maybe he will take revenge by framing the Mitchell's for something against the beales, Maybe a stalker like scenario and the beales turn to max when it really is him causing it.

Speaking of which does Max know the full extent i.e. Phil bribing the jury?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Off topic has someone been on the pop

Why is it off topic? We've discussing why his children are expecting him to beg for their forgiveness and the history of their interaction is entirely relevant in my opinion.

Unfortunately not, no. Way too many long drives to do each day at this time of year to risk being over the limit or badly hungover.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why is it off topic? We've discussing why his children are expecting him to beg for their forgiveness and the history of their interaction is entirely relevant in my opinion.

Unfortunately not, no. Way too many long drives to do each day at this time of year to risk being over the limit or badly hungover.

I mean the me asking if you had been on the pop was off topic