Options

Home and Away:Need for stabilty

jaayjaay Posts: 321
Forum Member
Its 20th Anniversary is this year and if im correct its alreay passed and we're yet to get something celebratory to commerate it.

Personally,i think the cast they have at the moment are not strong enough yet to cope with anything too major.

Most of the characters are onoy connected through friendships,with family not being high on the agenda.

Now fair cop to say home and away isnt about families but theres always been a present of a mother and father figure to guide the foster kids through their problems.

Also il admite some of the stories have a nice element of continunity but others seem to drift.

Who else here thinks Home and Away needs to get its act together?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They producers of the show didn't want to celebrate 20 years of Home and Away with just one episode instead they're describing it as a year long celebration. They've brought back one of the original Script Editors, Bevan Lee. I think you can see a rise in quality in newer episodes compared to this time last year. Sally's exit is meant to be the key point for this year and giving her a good send off was one of the main things they wanted when celebrating 20 years of the show. It's not brilliant at the moment but it is better than the 2007 episodes.

In Australia, it's doing great. It does much better than Neighbours there and it's constantly one of the top 10 shows from what I've heard.
  • Options
    jaayjaay Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    well im sorry now but it beating Neighbours in the ratings really doesnt impress me as Neighbours is a show with much more stabilty in terms of its cast,stories and its birthdays,lol

In all honesty Home and Away isnt doing well this year and it wasnt that great last year

Personally i think it needs to shape up
  • Options
    ErinfanErinfan Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    We must be watching different episodes - I think Home and Away has been brilliant for months.
  • Options
    monkeymoomonkeymoo Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Erinfan wrote: »
    We must be watching different episodes - I think Home and Away has been brilliant for months.

Me too!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been fantastic for months, what are you on about?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Totally agree - Home & Away is on amazing form at the moment - really well written
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Home and Away is my favourite soap - I think its excellent at the moment.

I've always watched Neighbours for as long as I can remember, but sadly thats been a bit crap lately. It has hardly any cast from pre 2003, and has hardly any history. Whereas Home and Away constantly mentions its history, and a bunch of Sally's foster brothers and sisters returned for her departure, aswell as Alf's 60th birthday last year. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    agreed i think H&A is the best soap round at the mo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Please Sally don't go , too late it is done :mad:
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    H&A is awesome at the moment. It was Ric's 20th b/day several weeks ago, which represented the shows own b/day.
    Chubbler wrote: »
    I've always watched Neighbours for as long as I can remember, but sadly thats been a bit crap lately. It has hardly any cast from pre 2003, and has hardly any history. Whereas Home and Away constantly mentions its history, and a bunch of Sally's foster brothers and sisters returned for her departure, aswell as Alf's 60th birthday last year. :)
    I disagree. H&A is one of the worst for mentioning it's history. It's only recently that they've started doing that. Neighbours though, always references it's past.