The amount of ad breaks is ridiculous.

Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
Forum Member
✭✭
One after each act ffs! For goodness sake. It's a pain in the backside. In future I'll just record the show and watch it at 9.

Comments

• jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On youtube straight after hte performance i think they put the acts up.
    I watched paul briling and the guy that got through and Arrangement in 10minutes from 8.50.

However, ITV are raking in i think £300,000 and advert
    there is 11million veiwers and so i see the logic its just annoying for us
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Yes, they are annoying. Yes, they break up the enjoyment of the show. And Yes, we have had sooooooo many threads saying the same thing.

I will ask again.....would you rather have a £100 a month TV Bill?
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, they are annoying. Yes, they break up the enjoyment of the show. And Yes, we have had sooooooo many threads saying the same thing.

Yes. ;)
  • Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think people are complaining at the amount of adverts not that there are adverts at all. BGT is 45% adverts which is not normal and can reasonably considered excessive.
  • SyqoSyqo Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ad breaks were the best part of tonight's absolute shittery...
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 ad breaks per hour, 4 minutes a time. Same as it always is.
  • itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    You think this is bad you should try watching uk living for the csi programmes bl00dy hell there is an advert every 10 minutes for a show lasting an hour
    Its a disgrace how many channels now have so many adverts its creeping up all the time.
    Before long we will have a tv guide telling us what adverts are on and when we can expect snippets of coronation street, BGT etc :mad:
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ugly betty had an ad break after 2 minutes litteratly
  • Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've actually ordered 8 items on the back of watching the Britain's Got Talent adverts...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I think people are complaining at the amount of adverts not that there are adverts at all. BGT is 45% adverts which is not normal and can reasonably considered excessive.

45% adverts? I dont think so. Where have you got such a high percentage from?

The TV companies have to gain their revenue where they can.....and that means more ads during the popular programmes.

I cannot understand why anyone would want to pay a massive amount every month rather than put up with a few ads now and then. If I could dump paying the TV Licence for the BBC (it should no longer be collected anyway as they are not the only service now) I most certainly would and I welcome adverts onto BBC so that I could use that £25 a month for something else!
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's getting ridiculous. The show could easily be an hour long.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    jonjons wrote: »
    ugly betty had an ad break after 2 minutes litteratly

And Lost
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have a million ad breaks on American TV. Simon's obviously decided that we are missing out over here with our paltry 3 ad breaks an hour and has helpfully imported the American model.
  • georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British TV is nowhere near as bad as US TV in terms of ad breaks. Often, then don't even have anything to tell you that they've switched from a TV show to ads or vice versa like we do, so it can be very difficult to tell whether you're watching a different scene from a drama or the start of a margarine commercial. The actual 'real time' length of an episode of 24 is 42 minutes, which is stretched out to an hour by ads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why I just watch EastEnders and record BGT.
    Out of the whole show last night I watched about 15 minutes.
    :rolleyes:
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But this happens with X factor as well. So nothing new.
  • telly fantelly fan Posts: 2,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they have to have ad breaks to tidy up and set up for the next act, e.g. the balloons last night .
  • K2kK2k Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I've got the BGT iPhone app that lets you watch the highlights. Each performance is about 4 minutes including judging (maybe 5). This makes the total "show" about 32-40 mins long. The rest is adverts, back stories and filler.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muppeteer wrote: »
    It's getting ridiculous. The show could easily be an hour long.

Didn't it used to be until they made it pretty much act-ad-act-ad-act-ad? It used to be 2/3 acts then an ad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »
    One after each act ffs! For goodness sake. It's a pain in the backside. In future I'll just record the show and watch it at 9.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Kerching ;)
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    45%!!:eek: That is excessive! It is frustrating when they keep cutting away to the ads. You just want them to get on with it! XF will probably be the same this year. They are getting very greedy re the advertising revenues.
  • AmeriBritAmeriBrit Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Damien. wrote: »

I watch it on the ITV Player, no problem with ads, and i was only 40 minutes behind.

Plus you can fast forward the Piers & Amanda crap acts just like Sky+
  • Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I record it, then rewatch and skip all the breaks.

The show then lasts about half hour. :D
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's face it this show is just about making Cowell money, he has obviously done a deal with ITV to get some of the ad revenue.

Can't think of any other reason there are so many adverts.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Let's face it this show is just about making Cowell money, he has obviously done a deal with ITV to get some of the ad revenue.

Can't think of any other reason there are so many adverts.

It's also about making ITV money, making Sony money, making Fremantle Media money, making the staff that work on the show money, making the acts that appear money... I could go on.

The proportion of adverts has not changed since last year. 16 minutes an hour, 12 of which are adverts, 4 of which are ITV trailers.

The format last year was:

Part 1 - Introductions & first act
    Part 2 - Acts 2 & 3
    Part 3 - Acts 4 & 5
    Part 4 - Acts 6 & 7
    Part 5 - Act 8 & recap
    Part 6 - Results

This year, the results aren't part of the 90 minute show. The format is:

Part 1 - Introductions & first act
    Part 2 - Act 2
    Part 3 - Act 3 & 4
    Part 4 - Act 5 & 6
    Part 5 - Act 7
    Part 6 - Act 8 & recap

They've achieved this by extending the length of the performances, never giving 3 buzzes to any acts and having more time spent talking to the acts and more judges feedback.