Se7en on Channel 5 tonight

CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Good film if you haven't happened to have seen it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably be cut to shreds
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Detective. Detective. DETECTIVE! You're looking for me.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,663
    Forum Member
    pharoah wrote: »
    Probably be cut to shreds
    127 min runtime (movie)
    155 min slot

Looks about right to me when you take into account roughly 12 minutes of ads per hour.

Great film by the way, but I've got it on Blu-Ray so unlikely to watch tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    127 min runtime (movie)
    155 min slot

Looks about right to me when you take into account roughly 12 minutes of ads per hour.

Great film by the way, but I've got it on Blu-Ray so unlikely to watch tonight.

How's the transfer onto blu-ray?
    Forum Member
    xx~KC~xx wrote: »
    I haven't got around to watching it yet, only bought it a few days ago!

I'll watch it soon (maybe tonight) and get back to you. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    whats in the boooooox :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    One of my favourite films but I won't be watching it on an awful channel like 5, who will cut it every 2 seconds to go to a break.
    Forum Member
    One of my favourite films but I won't be watching it on an awful channel like 5, who will cut it every 2 seconds to go to a break.
    Nothing awful about it. The ad frequency will be no different to any other commercial channel. If you are suggesting C5 are breaking Ofcom's rules on the number and length of ad breaks, that's a pretty serious allegation and I hope you're able to back it up.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It was on late night a few weeks ago. It may have been Film4 or FX but seeing as though it is on Five tonight then it may have been Fiver.

The ads do take you out of the moment though.
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It was on late night a few weeks ago. It may have been Film4 or FX but seeing as though it is on Five tonight then it may have been Fiver.

It must have been FX. I have listings for all the Freeview channels going back as far as December 2009 and Se7en hasn't been shown since May on Five USA.
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

Yeh definitely in a film like this - i just watch it from 10.30 on skyplus and x30 the ads - i know, i'm a genius :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Nothing awful about it. The ad frequency will be no different to any other commercial channel. If you are suggesting C5 are breaking Ofcom's rules on the number and length of ad breaks, that's a pretty serious allegation and I hope you're able to back it up.

Erm... I made no such suggestion. Films on commercial TV are horrible.
  • Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    Good flim. I agree Carmen, which is why I mostly watch dvd films even if you can fast forward them it still spoils it.
  • richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just watch the last 20 minutes, Spacey is brilliant, no histrionics, mumbling or shouting, just great, underplayed acting, and screen prescence.

And the shock "twist" still packs a punch even you if you've seen it before.
  • AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two things that don't add up in this movie;

1. According to Doe's rules everyone who committed a sin must die. At the end Mills commits the sin of wrath but doesn't die.

2. Doe said that everybody he killed were not innocent and deserved to die because they had sinned. That's all well and good up until he kills Tracy and the unborn child. They were innocent.
  • GortGort Posts: 7,465
    Forum Member
    AppleTango wrote: »

1. According to Doe's rules everyone who committed a sin must die.
    At the end Mills commits the sin of wrath but doesn't die

2. Doe said that everybody he killed were not innocent and deserved to die because they had sinned.
    That's all well and good up until he kills Tracy and the unborn child. They were innocent.

There, fixed for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gort wrote: »
    There, fixed for you.

If someone comes into a thread about Se7en who hasn't seen it and then complains about reading a spoiler then they are an idiot.
  • GortGort Posts: 7,465
    Forum Member
    If someone comes into a thread about Se7en who hasn't seen it and then complains about reading a spoiler then they are an idiot.

Well, that's your own take on it. Adding spoiler tags isn't too taxing on the brain, any idiot can do it.
  • Platinum BobPlatinum Bob Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    xx~KC~xx wrote: »

Terrific - well worth an upgrade from the DVD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member

1. According to Doe's rules everyone who committed a sin must die. At the end Mills commits the sin of wrath but doesn't die.

The sloth victim was alive when the Police found him. The pride victim was given the choice by Doe whether to live disfigured or kill herself. And while Doe clearly identified the prostitute as the lust sinner, the client, who commits sin himself, isn't killed by Doe.
    2. Doe said that everybody he killed were not innocent and deserved to die because they had sinned. That's all well and good up until he kills Tracy and the unborn child. They were innocent.

Doe spells out (in the Police car) how others suffer because of those who commit sin. Tracy suffered because of Doe's sin.
  • KeelbootsKeelboots Posts: 1,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwyneth Paltrow was shoehorned into the plot purely for the ending,her role is clunky and forced IMO.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Adam & Joe's version (a bit of strong language in this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X7mL6Vywxk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keelboots wrote: »
    Gwyneth Paltrow was shoehorned into the plot purely for the ending,her role is clunky and forced IMO.

The studio originally wanted to go with an alternative lame ending that involved Doe being chased to a warehouse but Pitt and Fincher kicked up a stink and insisted that they went with the
    head in a box
    ending.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Gort wrote: »
    Well, that's your own take on it. Adding spoiler tags isn't too taxing on the brain, any idiot can do it.

Seven is 15 years old now and I am not sure spoilers are necessary any more. In order to have a discussion without resorting to spoiler tags, surely we have to draw the line somewhere. Can I say, for instance, that Rosebud is Kane's childhood sledge? Will I be lynched if I "reveal" that Darth Vader is Skywalker senior?
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone notice the idiocy of the car sponsor's advert with the head in the box? Kinda gave it away half way through the film!

Those little advert things are usually well done. You know the ones if you've seen any films on Five. They do a little skit in a car showroom that parodies a film (Antz, The Fly, Bugsy Malone... and some more).

Just a little stupid to use the Se7en parody half way through showing the film ;)