Passport Photos

JonahTakaluaJonahTakalua Posts: 2,516
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just had to get some done as I am renewing my passport and despite numerous tries I've ended up looking like a cross eyed serial killer :confused: I don't look like this normally.

Anyone else got horrific passport photos they are ashamed of?

Comments

• JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I've just had to get some done as I am renewing my passport and despite numerous tries I've ended up looking like a cross eyed serial killer :confused: I don't look like this normally.

I had mine done last summer and apparently now you can't have a fringe in your photo because it can block your eyes when they do the scan at the airport.

She made me clip it back with a manky hairgrip :mad: So I've got a big slaphead forehead and look a bit simple!!
  • JonahTakaluaJonahTakalua Posts: 2,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    I had mine done last summer and apparently now you can't have a fringe in your photo because it can block your eyes when they do the scan at the airport.

She made me clip it back with a manky hairgrip :mad: So I've got a big slaphead forehead and look a bit simple!!

Oh no! I feel for you! I'm shocked they accepted my last passport photos 10 years ago. You could barely see any of my hair apart from a little dyed red tinge at the front. Don't think I would get away with it now.
  • FairyFeet1964FairyFeet1964 Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're not alone :) mine is a typical passport photo I think I look Ill on it but truth be told I wasn't that well when it was taken so I suppose it was a good likeness.

My daughter had to have her's redone as her face was "too pale" now this was done by Snappy Snaps who know what they are doing but the passport people could not get it to scan as her complexion was too pale - she was in a mood on the day that photo was taken (try telling a 14 year old not to smile on a photo) was in a right grump on the second one! Snappy Snaps were very good though and redid that photo at no charge.

Looking back on the first photo now though she does look like an extra for the Twilight films - she would fit right in with the Cullens - Maybe that is a reason why her photo would not scan :eek:
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just renewed my passport, and my photo looked absolutely terrible - especially with my glasses off. I didn't get it countersigned, but the passport office obviously thought it was recognisable from my photo of 10 years ago, because I received my new one yesterday.
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Give us all a giggle and post it :D
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I've just renewed my passport, and my photo looked absolutely terrible - especially with my glasses off. I didn't get it countersigned, but the passport office obviously thought it was recognisable from my photo of 10 years ago, because I received my new one yesterday.
    BIB.....you were lucky with that!

In January 2012 I had my passport stolen in Spain. Just renewed as well so I was fuming mad. The photo was taken one month before.

I took a new one out three months later but decided i'd better send another photograph just to be on the safe side. Imagine my surprise when my application was refused on the grounds that, "the applicants features are incorrect". :eek:

So I phoned Passport House and asked them what was going on. The conversation was farcical. "Well we don't think it is you in the photograph". So I asked, "how do you know what I look like?" Long pause then, "errrm well we don't". :confused::confused:

So I told them what had happened in Spain and on re-entry back into the UK i'd had to go to an Immigration Officer to fill in forms on how the Passport had been stolen. "Yes we have record of that here sir", they replied, so I asked if they could still access my photo from that.

Bingo! They could! But they still insisted I "looked different". :rolleyes:

How different, I asked. "Well you appear to have more hair" they replied.

Of course I do......I haven't had my hair cut since then! :D

Eventually I got my new Passport! :rolleyes:
  • pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iv just recently had mine done, I have platinum blonde hair and on my photo the background is white so you can't really see my hair, the funny thing is iv about half an inch of dark brown regrowth so I look like I have a black moheekan hair cut.