Revolution (UK PACE) - Fridays 9pm Sky1 HD

Comments

• djleekeedjleekee Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two separate statements! I enjoy how silly the storylines and how everyone important keeps escaping death and how perfect everyones hair is! 90 mins to go.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djleekee wrote: »
    Two separate statements! I enjoy how silly the storylines and how everyone important keeps escaping death and how perfect everyones hair is! 90 mins to go.

Not everyone's. Sadly Miles's hair looks like it escaped from the 80's and Monroe's looks like it could do with a good wash:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone else see that strange blob in the top right hand corner during tonights Revolution?

Or is it just my tv? Will channel change during the break to see if its the Sky One feed or my telly!

Hmmm it looks like the blob is there on ALL stations! I wonder what is happening to my plasma tv?!
  • ThorneyThorney Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djleekee wrote: »
    Can anyone else see that strange blob in the top right hand corner during tonights Revolution?

Or is it just my tv? Will channel change during the break to see if its the Sky One feed or my telly!

Hmmm it looks like the blob is there on ALL stations! I wonder what is happening to my plasma tv?!

maybe that's what came out of the lift!! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its like the 'thing down the shaft' from Lost!
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see what the thing in the shaft is.

Charlie abuse watch: A dig from Neville this week. A bit unnecessary as they were on the same side.

I think that broken leg must have hurt.

Good stuff as always.
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »

Charlie abuse watch: A dig from Neville this week. A bit unnecessary as they were on the same side.

Good stuff as always.

Are they? ;)
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well it was pretty obvious that Aaron was going to be important in the overall plot of the show otherwise they wouldn't have kept his character around for so long!

Interesting stuff in the tower and what was is in lift!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Well it was pretty obvious that Aaron was going to be important in the overall plot of the show otherwise they wouldn't have kept his character around for so long!

Interesting stuff in the tower and what was is in lift!

I'm going to guess he unwittingly wrote the code for the nanites.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presumably nanites. We've seen them used as weapons before.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still not on the catch up :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Still not on the catch up :(

Why don't you Sky+/V+ it?
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nanite queen.

I hope it's something relatively sensible and not too far-fetched, though. This show has just about stayed on the right side of believable (perfect post-apocalyptic hair and teeth notwithstanding) and it would be a shame if it all went a bit silly...or sillier, depending on how much you've already been willing to suspend disbelief.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member

Good stuff as always.
    Not by the end...:eek:

So Aaron is the Key, to the Tower Quest....and who/what was in the Lift.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Not by the end...:eek:

So Aaron is the Key, to the Tower Quest....and who/what was in the Lift.:confused:

My guess is that it is the mangled body of the chap who went down there.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    There's more discussion here than this show deserves. I admit that the show has a bizarre appeal to it though.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was interesting to see a more human face to the Monroe Militia in the person of the guy who remained loyal even in the face of a firing squad

Just for a change they weren't portrayed as merely being Faceless Minions of an Evil Overlord
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had to give up with this one, lasted uptill now hoping it would improve but its just basically the same episode each week, Monroe isn't believable as a bad guy and Miles isn't a strong enough lead.Why Monroe is so evil after coming from a normal background is beyond me and in 15 years has managed to form a massive army all who share his evil plans is just too unrealistic.

They have had now 4 or 5 times to easily kill Monroe but always seem to just let him off, it's just not working for me. I blame lack of story, bad casting and in places its just boring. Well it might get better in the next seasons I don't know and maybe I will have a look back then but for now I'm out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »
    .Why Monroe is so evil after coming from a normal background is beyond me and in 15 years has managed to form a massive army all who share his evil plans is just too unrealistic.
    /QUOTE]

Hitler managed it :rolleyes:
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another decent episode showing Munroe's paranoia, Neville's devotion to his family and further cementing the idea that Miles is Charlie's dad.

Charlie-abuse watch: In this episode even a building tried to take her out, as did a Militia soldier.

She of course still looked stunning.

I guess next weeks episode will centre around Nora. This week, after finally sleeping with Miles, she regretted it, even though she didn't - women, eh?
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thorney wrote: »
    .Why Monroe is so evil after coming from a normal background is beyond me and in 15 years has managed to form a massive army all who share his evil plans is just too unrealistic.
    /QUOTE]

Hitler managed it :rolleyes:

Does Godwin's law apply here? :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats funny never heard of that but it is kind of relevant here when it involves a lunatic leader and world domination.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why Monroe is so evil after coming from a normal background is beyond me and in 15 years has managed to form a massive army all who share his evil plans is just too unrealistic.
    But surely that is being explained over time? Currently Monroe is paranoid, and that's at least partly because his best friend, Miles, did try to kill him. As have several other people. Aside from that, he's not so much evil as prosecuting a war ruthlessly, using whatever weapons come to hand. He's not the only ruthless character. Rachel is about as bad and is driven by hate. Miles has a bad reputation; it's yet to be seen how deserved it is. It's noticeable that Monroe does not seem to be driven by greed or any real base motives. He doesn't drink much or indulge in ostentatious wealth. He seems to get less sex than Miles. We've seen that the Monroe Republic arose to combat bands of marauders who were looting and pillaging and that's still probably his goal. And that's probably a part of why his army still follows him. That and the fact that he's got superior technology and seems to be winning. Although it's worth remembering that they stuck with him even when it was just a dream, and he was having them haul helicopter gun-ships that seemed like useless junk.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    But surely that is being explained over time? Currently Monroe is paranoid, and that's at least partly because his best friend, Miles, did try to kill him. As have several other people. Aside from that, he's not so much evil as prosecuting a war ruthlessly, using whatever weapons come to hand. He's not the only ruthless character. Rachel is about as bad and is driven by hate. Miles has a bad reputation; it's yet to be seen how deserved it is. It's noticeable that Monroe does not seem to be driven by greed or any real base motives. He doesn't drink much or indulge in ostentatious wealth. He seems to get less sex than Miles. We've seen that the Monroe Republic arose to combat bands of marauders who were looting and pillaging and that's still probably his goal. And that's probably a part of why his army still follows him. That and the fact that he's got superior technology and seems to be winning. Although it's worth remembering that they stuck with him even when it was just a dream, and he was having them haul helicopter gun-ships that seemed like useless junk.

Yeah I get all that and could understand it more if it didn't show Miles and Monroe at the start as these two ordinary guys, I just don't get how you would change and not show mercy and be ruthless in a few years. I agree the world would go to chaos and stuff but I guess I've just felt disappointed with Revolution, it just seems lacking somewhat in its delivery and kind of predictable each week.

I've not warmed to the characters like I did with Lost say for example, that show I loved, it was mad but kept you gripped. This I just don't feel is working for me. There was a kids show on years ago from New Zealand called The Tribe and a British show Survivors that had no where near the budget Revolution has but I found they were stronger shows on the similar theme.

Anyway it is what it is I guess, maybe I'm being too harsh, maybe I'd hoped I'd love it like I did Lost, I thought Lost had better baddies that is for sure, much more complex characters. But it might be the case they are building it up to come back in season 2 to a much wider plotline and more characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I get all that and could understand it more if it didn't show Miles and Monroe at the start as these two ordinary guys, I just don't get how you would change and not show mercy and be ruthless in a few years. I agree the world would go to chaos and stuff but I guess I've just felt disappointed with Revolution, it just seems lacking somewhat in its delivery and kind of predictable each week.

I've not warmed to the characters like I did with Lost say for example, that show I loved, it was mad but kept you gripped. This I just don't feel is working for me. There was a kids show on years ago from New Zealand called The Tribe and a British show Survivors that had no where near the budget Revolution has but I found they were stronger shows on the similar theme.

Anyway it is what it is I guess, maybe I'm being too harsh, maybe I'd hoped I'd love it like I did Lost, I thought Lost had better baddies that is for sure, much more complex characters. But it might be the case they are building it up to come back in season 2 to a much wider plotline and more characters.

But they weren't just "ordinary guys," weren't they special forces, just returned from Afghanistan, before the blackout?