Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Sad to see Georgia go. I'll miss her.

Josh being the daddy was predictable, as it creates drama. But, I'm just not that interested in it at all.

So, someone climbed down the well only to steal $6k out of $50K?! I think I can guess who the culprit was, and I hope they have a good explanation for why they didn't take more.

Paige: "This is an unusual situation." Clearly she doesn't watch any soaps, as this is far from unusual. :D
    You can see the direction the ever lasting Terese, Brad, Lauren triangle will go. I suspect a year from now Brad and Terese will have split and he will be shacked up with Lauren. I feel a reunion has been on the cards since they all returned.
    I think they wanted to go the affair route last year. I remember they featured in a couple of surveys last year asking people if they wanted Brad/Lauren to get together. I guess the majority response was a negative one.

At the moment I'm not sure if I'm bothered if they did get together, however, I think I'm more leaning to not wanting them to hook up. I guess getting rid of Matt was their way of paving the way for a Brad/Lauren reunion, so I think it's inevitable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Get the feeling she and Tyler just cast to get them to strip off as often as possible. Surely this isn't what Neighbours is supposed to be about?

When shows have to resort to near-nudity, it points to a weakness in general storylines !
    Or they're just following the old rule that sex sells.

Half-nakedness has always been apart of Neighbours, right back to the days of Henry Ramsay, who was always getting his kit off. I also remember other characters used to strip off all the time: Joel Samuels, Drew Kirk, Billy Kennedy, Stuart Parker, Ned Parker, Ty Harper, Will Griggs, Original Brad, Boyd Hoyland... then Sarah Beaumont, Amy Greenwood, Pepper Steiger were always in bikinis (I'm probably missing loads of people out). And, lets not forget they did a Full Monty storyline in 1999.

The point is, this is nothing new. I do think they go a little overboard with Tyler and Paige, but it doesn't really bother me. It also doesn't bother Travis Burns and Olympia Valance, either (she said on The Wright Stuff that it doesn't phase her). It's probably more noticeable right now b/c the storylines aren't that interesting surrounding these characters.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Thought those well scenes with the rubbish being tipped onto Paige were utter cringe. Still like Paige but they are spoiling her with all the Tyler interaction and nonsense.

So Josh is the daddy, that is one unfortunate baby with those two boring drips as parents. Can you imagine how boring their kid will be. :D The good thing this now means Daniel can get together with Imogen instead.

You can see the direction the ever lasting Terese, Brad, Lauren triangle will go. I suspect a year from now Brad and Terese will have split and he will be shacked up with Lauren. I feel a reunion has been on the cards since they all returned.

Totally agree. I don't mind Tyler or Paige as characters, but together in this storyline, they're driving me mad. I really don't care about Dimato's pathetic little criminal set-ups, with the grimacing Michelle being referenced in every single episode.

Brad is wetter than a surf-board and I hope Terese kicks his stupid backside all the way down Ramsay Street if he does get together with Lauren, who I've gone off since Matt died. I preferred the Turners when they had Matt, Lou and Bailey, as Lauren worked so well with all three. Even Lauren can't make Brad appear charismatic.
    Chzza wrote: »
    I love neighbours but it's really boring at the minute.

I think so too - the last couple of weeks in particular have been dire with the Paige/Tyler and Amber/Daniel/Josh stories front and centre. Completely dull. I would actually rather watch a month of Toadie, Sonya and Nell by themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still doesn't mean Paige deserves such harsh judgement. Sonya's motives were always questionable and had a lot to do with her own high opinion of herself.

Paige's motives re LAuren and Brad may be questionable but I;m sure if she were someone else some people would make excuses for her!

Ditto Paige!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tweety Pie wrote: »
    Olympia must be starting to think they just cast her so she can parade around in a bikini in every other scene.

Well it's certainly not because she can act! :p
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Ditto Paige!

Not sure exactly what that means - but you really don't like her, do you? Yet nobody can criticise Sonya!
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Or they're just following the old rule that sex sells.

Half-nakedness has always been apart of Neighbours, right back to the days of Henry Ramsay, who was always getting his kit off. I also remember other characters used to strip off all the time: Joel Samuels, Drew Kirk, Billy Kennedy, Stuart Parker, Ned Parker, Ty Harper, Will Griggs, Original Brad, Boyd Hoyland... then Sarah Beaumont, Amy Greenwood, Pepper Steiger were always in bikinis (I'm probably missing loads of people out). And, lets not forget they did a Full Monty storyline in 1999.

The point is, this is nothing new. I do think they go a little overboard with Tyler and Paige, but it doesn't really bother me. It also doesn't bother Travis Burns and Olympia Valance, either (she said on The Wright Stuff that it doesn't phase her). It's probably more noticeable right now b/c the storylines aren't that interesting surrounding these characters.

This reminds me of the late lamentedKenny Everett's skit on Neighbours - Cobbers. The cast list read - Man in Cossie 2nd Man in Cossie 3rd Man in Cossie ........................
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure exactly what that means - but you really don't like her, do you? Yet nobody can criticise Sonya!

When have I or anyone said Sonya can't be criticised? You really are very immature and I'm quite tempted to put you on ignore.
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad Tyler gave Paige a few home truths down the well. He finally had enough of her blaming him for every little thing. I really liked Paige when she first arrived but I get the feeling that at the moment the writers don't really know what to do with her character so they've turned her into an annoying, whiny cow. (The same thing happened to Imogen a while back)
  • Options
    retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    At least Sonya isn't trying to split up somebody else's marriage for her own selfish reasons.

This is the same girl who didn't have custody of her own son for years because she was too selfish to give up her addictions right?

On a separate note, wasn't the actress who plays Paige a model first? Not like she is opposed to getting her kit off for money as the net seems to have a ton of pics of her in bikinis and underwear. I'm just grateful they make sure Sonya keeps that huge backside under wraps. Its enough having her huge nose poking around :p
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the same girl who didn't have custody of her own son for years because she was too selfish to give up her addictions right?

On a separate note, wasn't the actress who plays Paige a model first? Not like she is opposed to getting her kit off for money as the net seems to have a ton of pics of her in bikinis and underwear. I'm just grateful they make sure Sonya keeps that huge backside under wraps. Its enough having her huge nose poking around :p

Olympia is the 'face' of Gossard UK which is why there are so many pics of her in her underwear online. With regards to her many bikini scenes in Neighbours I'm surprised they don't just go the whole hog and have her getting out of the Turners pool in slow motion waving her hair around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yawn. Won't even dignify this nonsense with a proper response.
    fiagomez wrote: »
    then you clearly have no idea what it is like to be an addict, which is an illness; otherwise you wouldnt make such a naive and insulting comment bout her being to selfish too give it up...

Well said!
  • Options
    HOAddictHOAddict Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    then you clearly have no idea what it is like to be an addict, which is an illness; otherwise you wouldnt make such a naive and insulting comment bout her being to selfish too give it up...

I have sympathy for addicts and have worked with some teenagers in our local mentoring program. However, addiction is a choice, not an illness and while the results of that choice may make it very difficult to control, an addict must recognise that choice was their responsibility before they can move on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I reckon I know MUCH more about addiction than the two people who dismissed my post. That's all I say as its personal. But I stand by my comment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon I know MUCH more about addiction than the two people who dismissed my post. That's all I say as its personal. But I stand by my comment.

Fair enough. No-one expects you to reveal all. But since no-one on this thread knows much, if anything, about each others' personal lives, speculating that you are more of an addiction expert than anyone else is ridiculous beyond words.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Josh is so inappropriate and stalker-y with Amber and Daniel. I wish Amber would have the guts to tell him to back off, instead of feeling like she can't tune him out b/c he's the daddy. Even Terese seemed a little disturbed by his Josh's plan to get between Amber and Daniel - although, she could have been wondering if that's what's going on with Brad and Lauren...

IA with whoever said that Paige seems a bit direction-less right now. It's like they don't know where to take the character, and as a result she's being forced into storylines and situations that doesn't suit the character.
    HOAddict wrote: »
    I have sympathy for addicts and have worked with some teenagers in our local mentoring program. However, addiction is a choice, not an illness and while the results of that choice may make it very difficult to control, an addict must recognise that choice was their responsibility before they can move on.
    I'm not sure if it's just a poor choice of words, but if not I'll just correct you: addiction is not a choice - no-one chooses to become an addict, it is a by-product of becoming addicted to something (drugs, alcohol, gambling, shopping, exercise, food, etc) that is out of their control. Yes, they made the choice to try the substance, or stuff their face with doughnuts, but they didn't choose to get addicted to those things. It really isn't just about becoming an addict, but more importantly what led them to that place to begin with - their triggers. I do agree that it is an addict's responsibility to get themselves clean, as they are the only one's who can consciously make that choice and fight for their recovery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's just a poor choice of words, but if not I'll just correct you: addiction is not a choice - no-one chooses to become an addict, it is a by-product of becoming addicted to something (drugs, alcohol, gambling, shopping, exercise, food, etc) that is out of their control. Yes, they made the choice to try the substance, or stuff their face with doughnuts, but they didn't choose to get addicted to those things. It really isn't just about becoming an addict, but more importantly what led them to that place to begin with - their triggers. I do agree that it is an addict's responsibility to get themselves clean, as they are the only one's who can consciously make that choice and fight for their recovery.

I thought you put it really well, Desch! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought you put it really well, Desch! :)
    Thanks, Cit.

There seems to be a lot of people who work with vulnerable people (either as professionals or volunteers) yet hold on to these kinds of dangerous misconceptions. Like I said, I'll give HOAddict the benefit of doubt and assume it was just a poor choice of words.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't decide if I'm a saddo or a super sleuth equal of Mark Brennan that I worked out the other day that the keychain was a dingo's one. It doesn't make me care anymore about the storyline though

So The Amber, Daniel and Josh saga rolls on, I have a completely untrue theory that Josh will flash that smug grin at Daniel one too many times and he will finally snap and go on a killing spree through Ramsay street
  • Options
    ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyway, back to neighbours!! ;-)

i felt really sorry for daniel today on seeing josh and amber bonding over their baby :(

really wanna smack josh in the face for being so smug about the whole thing!!

Same here. Josh is back to being annoying and unbearable. He is a much better character away from amber
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be interesting to find out who took the $6,000. Tyler needs to quit as soon as the debt has been paid off. Not inform Michelle that he's quitting, but simply don't turn up for work. Paige needs to do the same thing as well. I think Josh's plan is to slowly make Amber think better of him than Daniel until she starts to think that Daniel is useless. I think Mark's going to be gutted when he finds out about Paige and Tyler's involvement in Dimato's dodgy business.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HOAddict wrote: »

Tell that to all the alcoholics/drug etc addicts out there. I think you're getting mixed up with the run up TO addiction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chzza wrote: »
    Same here. Josh is back to being annoying and unbearable. He is a much better character away from amber

Josh is absolutely vile. He has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tweety Pie wrote: »
    Olympia is the 'face' of Gossard UK which is why there are so many pics of her in her underwear online. With regards to her many bikini scenes in Neighbours I'm surprised they don't just go the whole hog and have her getting out of the Turners pool in slow motion waving her hair around.

She should stick to modelling, because she is by far the weakest actress on the show right now in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anyway, back to neighbours!! ;-)

i felt really sorry for daniel today on seeing josh and amber bonding over their baby :(

really wanna smack josh in the face for being so smug about the whole thing!!

Oh I dunno. Hippy drippy Daniel did start seeing Amber behind Josh's back. I'm finding it quite amusing that karma is biting Amber and Daniel in the backside.

I missed some of the episode, but is there any logical reason Daniel would want business advice from zzzzonya rather than his teensy bit more successful uncle?
This discussion has been closed.