RYAN AIR --"F@@@ The Freeze" email

semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
Forum Member
✭✭✭
no its not a joke

Mrs Minted today received an email from ryan air which was titled, "F**K THE FREEZE, cheap flights"

it had 2 letters starred out, i starred 3 in the title thread for obvious reasons

and heres a link to their website

http://www.ryanair.com/en

notice the top left info box

is this really what we want to see from a major budget airline?

Mrs Minted was not impressed

Comments

• rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Not very professional.
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O'Leary is a genius :D:D

Rock 'n' roll airline :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    :eek: Strange marketing technique. Only 1 letter starred out on the site as well. :D
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see them communicating at the right level to their target audience.
  • Fred SplungeFred Splunge Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And on their website they've only starred out one letter.

I think that's pretty darned bad myself, and I would fully expect the advertising ombundsman to insist they take that down.

Just add it to the ever growing list of reasons why I will NEVER ever fly with RyanAir.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isnt going to be much good, if the plane cant take off, or the airport is in chaos due to major delays.
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why The Freeze should be exempt from Ryanair's policies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't this, though, be the Irish word which has an 'e' as its second letter and as far as I know is not considered to be particularly offensive? One of my favourite aerial photographs ever was taken over an Irish farm where in very large lettering the farmer had written "F*ck off Crows" (with an 'e') on a sign. Perhaps someone in Ireland can shed some light.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iza1098 wrote: »
    Wouldn't this, though, be the Irish word which has an 'e' as its second letter and as far as I know is not considered to be particularly offensive? One of my favourite aerial photographs ever was taken over an Irish farm where in very large lettering the farmer had written "F*ck off Crows" (with an 'e') on a sign. Perhaps someone in Ireland can shed some light.

It was in Father Ted so it must be true.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iza1098 wrote: »

Doubt it, Irish people are far more sweary in general than British people. They say f-u-c-k far more often than British people and f-e-c-k is about as strong there as "blinking" is here.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    cosmo wrote: »
    I don't see why The Freeze should be exempt from Ryanair's policies.

:D:D:D
  • BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that's pretty darned bad myself, and I would fully expect the advertising ombundsman to insist they take that down.

Just add it to the ever growing list of reasons why I will NEVER ever fly with RyanAir.

Okay, I must be missing something. One of the reasons you wouldn't fly with RyanAir is that they used a swearword (with a letter or two starred) in adverts?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    Doubt it, Irish people are far more sweary in general than British people. They say f-u-c-k far more often than British people and f-e-c-k is about as strong there as "blinking" is here.

That's exactly what I meant though - that Ryanair were meaning f-e-c-k and that the missing letter was being misconstrued.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Yes - woe betide you though if you get stranded by the snow with Ryanair. No hotels for the night for you!
  • ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    semiminted wrote: »
    it had 2 letters starred out, i starred 3 in the title thread for obvious reasons
    It's not obvious to me. What difference do you think it makes from starring out just two letters?
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not very professional.

It's got you talking about it.
  • GlenGlen Posts: 12,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why? It's their website, they can write what they like on it.
    The ASA have no jurisdiction over what companies write on their own website.
    Aw didums, did the slightly rude word offend you?
  • JOEVILLEJOEVILLE Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's less hassle to take the train when travelling within Europe these days, less silly security checks and far less morons as travelling companions, the trains have bars and drop you off in the center of cities.

Budet air travel :eek:
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ianx wrote: »
    It's not obvious to me. What difference do you think it makes from starring out just two letters?

erm difference of 1 star?

i wasnt sure what would be allowed in a title thread, so added an xtra one

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Ryanair would just F@@k Off for ever. Their business model has destroyed the concept of service in so many industries now.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wanted publicity and clearly they have succeeded.

Personally I hate them as an airline, they seem to have a lose set of morals, charge for absolutely everything (inc. toilets??) and personally I have reservations regarding their safety record.

However if anything this is kinda cool and fun.. I like their style! :D If anything I'd be slightly more inclined to fly with them now.

Funny how advertising affects us and how well it's crafted isn't it?
  • LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Euch...can we just grow up already and stop crying at the 'F word'.
  • miss_minervoismiss_minervois Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    They wanted publicity and clearly they have succeeded.

Personally I hate them as an airline, they seem to have a lose set of morals, charge for absolutely everything (inc. toilets??) and personally I have reservations regarding their safety record.

However if anything this is kinda cool and fun.. I like their style! :D If anything I'd be slightly more inclined to fly with them now.

Funny how advertising affects us and how well it's crafted isn't it?

They don't charge for toilets. Their safety and on time record is one of the best in the business.

I have little choice, they are the only airline who fly into my local airport, so I enter a trance like state whenever I fly - it's the only way to cope. Loathe the man but he's running a tight ship and making money in a difficult market, I have to admire that.
  • TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't charge for toilets. Their safety and on time record is one of the best in the business.

I have little choice, they are the only airline who fly into my local airport, so I enter a trance like state whenever I fly - it's the only way to cope. Loathe the man but he's running a tight ship and making money in a difficult market, I have to admire that.

They've always been spot on when i've flown them. If you read the T&C's properly, you won't get stung.

One slight criticism, their on time record is only so strong because they over-estimate the flight time, so always land a bit early, hence the jingle ;)
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As if they care what we think! They can call us 'c*nts' to our face and we'd still queue up to fly with them as they're cheap. :D