Woman 'left with virtually no eyebrows' after threading appointment at Stretford Mall

Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/woman-left-virtually-no-eyebrows-9544563#rlabs=5%20section

What did this woman hope to achieve by going to the papers? especially since it's not news since beauticians mess up peoples eyebrows all the time and they'll likely grow back in a few months.

Comments

• wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did this woman hope to achieve by going to the papers?
    Fifty quid?
  • shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the point was to pluck them out so you could draw them back on again :p
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    They match her eyelashes so what's she whinging about.
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry.
    Can't seem to get myself too worked up about her 'plight'.

The pathetic woman needs to take a look at tonight's front page of the newspaper she went blubbing to ( the MEN ) if she wants to see something to really worry about.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry.
    Can't seem to get myself too worked up about her 'plight'.

The pathetic woman needs to take a look at tonight's front page of the newspaper she went blubbing to ( the MEN ) if she wants to see something to really worry about.

Pretty much this

She looks a natural blonde so she probably didn't have much visible hair there beforehand, can't see any before photos. I've blonde hair and my eyebrows have to be coloured in because they are just too light coloured to see.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the name for the story that comes underneath "slow news day"?

I'll admit that I did chuckle at her saying her only options are an eyebrow pencil - or a hat. I do like a drama queen moment. :D:D
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,033
    Forum Member
    I hate to be unfeeling but......... this is news?

My brow is furrowed. :D
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll admit that I did chuckle at her saying her only options are an eyebrow pencil - or a hat. I do like a drama queen moment. :D:D

Brown paper bag would be cheaper.

What are those blond hairs above her eyes if not eyebrows?
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Who wold have thunk it....a woman being self obsessed and vain:o

Still at least she has that celebrity look now. Unfortunately the celebrity is Brian Glover in Kes.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should worry about her eyes not her eyebrows - they're are looking in different directions.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    She should worry about her eyes not her eyebrows - they're are looking in different directions.

She'll have been watching Wimbledon. It's a common side effect.
    Next time you watch a couple of sets, go and look at yourself in the mirror.
    It's why I never watching diving.
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention I found the article amusing
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has eyebrows and they look fairly even to me, its just that they are very blond.

She has also posted a right stroppy comment under the article!
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosses however have insisted that they told Sarah, 37, not to have any work done because her eyebrows were already very thin. Owner Masooma Salman said staff advised her to let her eyebrows grow then return for threading - and accused her of shouting and being rude.

There we go. She was given professional advice beforehand and chose to ignore it. Sounds like she was rude and aggressive until she got her own way. The staff clearly should have just refused to treat her but probably felt intimidated into doing so.
    And now this woman has gone to the papers to share her 'plight' with the nation?
    She's complaining that she "doesn't expect to have any eyebrows for months" - so what? They'll grow back. Pencil them in in the meantime.

I have no sympathy for this stupid bitch.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    She has eyebrows and they look fairly even to me, its just that they are very blond.

She has also posted a right stroppy comment under the article!

:D Yes I can definitely see eyebrows. Is this all she has to worry about in life?
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman who threads my eyebrows always shouts at me if I haven't let them grow out enough.

Her eyebrows look ok. Threading always creates a thin brow anyway - look at any Bollywood actress. They'd look ten times better if she'd had them tinted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell.
    Is the place STILL open?
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the comments made me giggle... "This story is far too highbrow for me." :D
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/woman-left-virtually-no-eyebrows-9544563#rlabs=5%20section

What did this woman hope to achieve by going to the papers? especially since it's not news since beauticians mess up peoples eyebrows all the time and they'll likely grow back in a few months.

People have lost limbs in the Alton Towers disaster and have been severely injured or killed in the Tunisian massacre and yet this $hite still appears in the papers. Nobody gives a toss about your eyebrows love.

Who wants to start a go fund me page to buy her a sharpie marker to help her plight so she can draw them on herself?
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    One of the comments made me giggle... "This story is far too highbrow for me." :D

Also, 'where do they pluck these stories from?' :D
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:), still trying to work that one out myself.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    Pretty much this

She looks a natural blonde so she probably didn't have much visible hair there beforehand, can't see any before photos. I've blonde hair and my eyebrows have to be coloured in because they are just too light coloured to see.

Yeah, mine go really blonde towards the ends so I have to get them tinted before waxing/threading otherwise it looks like I only have half an eyebrow :D