Options

Big Brother trivia thread. (Please add to it!)

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
Forum Member
Feel free to add your own :)

Nikki Grahame has spent the most days in the house at 102 days, Amanda and Sam and Carole from BB8 are second on 94 days. Aisleyne will become joint second if she is still in the house on Day 56 of BB16 (6th July).

Chris Eubank is the housemate to have spent the least days in the house. He was evicted on Day 2 of Celebrity Big Brother 1.

BB1, BB2, BB3 and BB4 are the shortest main series to air (64 days) and BB8 is the longest at (94 days). According to Chloe's "we have 18 days left" comment a few days ago BB16 will also last 64 days with an end date of 14 July, but that is to be confirmed.

This summer Big Brother 16 will be followed by Celebrity Big Brother 16. In January the number of series of Celebrity Big Brother will outnumber the number of series of Big Brother for the first time.

Davina McCall has presented 19 series (Big Brother 1-11, Celebrity Big Brother 1-7, Ultimate Big Brother), Emma Willis has presented 7 series (Big Brother 14-16, Celebrity Big Brother 12-15), Brian Dowling has presented 6 series (Big Brother 12-13, Celebrity Big Brother 8-11) and Dermot O'Leary has presented 2 series (Teen Big Brother and Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack.

There have been 9 male winners of Big Brother and 6 female winners, there have also been 9 male winners of Celebrity Big Brother and 6 female winners. Ultimate Big Brother was also won by a male, as was Teen Big Brother though there was no public vote.

The most recent series of both Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother were both won by women, and both ones before were won by men.

Brian Dowling is the only housemate to have won the show twice (Big Brother 2 and Ultimate Big Brother).

Nikki Grahame has been in the house as a competitor 3 separate times (twice in BB7 and once in Ultimate Big Brother). She returned as a guest for two weeks in BB16, her fourth overnight appearance. Her best placing was 2nd in Ultimate Big Brother where she beat three former winners in a public vote (Nadia in a vote to evict, Chantelle and Ulrika in a vote to win) .

The highest eviction percentage is Nicole's in BB9 with 94.04%, Sezer from BB7 is second with 91.6%. Both went out in 3 way evictions, although in the Channel 4 days head to head eviction were far more common.

The highest rating in the history of Big Brother UK was the final of Big Brother 3 in 2002, which got 10 million viewers. The highest rating in Celebrity Big Brother history was the second eviction of CBB5 in 2007, which got 8.78 million viewers in the middle of a racism controversy. Jade Goody left the house on both of these evenings. Jade was the first person to be a housemate in two different series, was the only person to be a housemate in both Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother, was the first person to be a housemate with a relative (her mother) and was the first housemate to pass away.

Comments

• Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samanda had the longest singular run in BB history during BB8. They were the first ones to enter on Day 1 and the second last to leave on day 94 (beating Carole by only like an hour but still).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you know, this is the shittest season of big brother to date. Fact.
  • Options
    TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    I'm not certain, but I think that Nadia must still hold the record for the highest known margin of victory (%-wise) in the final 2: 74% to 26% over Jason.

As to the smallest, I think it's still BB1 (Craig 51%; Anna 49%). Channel 5's statement suggests Helen's victory over Ashleigh was also a tight one. Obviously we don't have proper numbers for BB12 or BB14.

I put together a
    thread on money (prize fund or other) given to the HMs. Since creating it Sam Evans and Helen Wood have received £100,000 each and Mark Byron received £5,000. (I think that's it.)
  • Options
    LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trumbles wrote: »
    I'm not certain, but I think that Nadia must still hold the record for the highest known margin of victory (%-wise) in the final 2: 74% to 26% over Jason.

No, the highest was Josie (BB11) who received 77.5% in the final 5 - the competition was awful, though!

Also Sophie (BB10) had pretty much the same as Nadia - 74.4% to Siavash's 25.6%
  • Options
    TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    Luxray wrote: »
    No, the highest was Josie (BB11) who received 77.5% in the final 5 - the competition was awful, though!

Also Sophie (BB10) had pretty much the same as Nadia - 74.4% to Siavash's 25.6%
    Oops. :blush:
    I'm just slightly out of date then. :D

Those were pretty disappointing finals.
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    To this date the eventual winner who had the worst betting odds to win of any series is CBB7 winner Alex Reid.

He found himself at 80/1 on opening night and had the worst odds of any housemate that year.
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    The first housemates who didn't enter on Day 1 to get to the final were Kinga and Eugene in BB6. Brian Belo was the first to win, in BB8.

Kinga is also the finalist in BB who spent the shortest amount of time in the house: 15 days in total.

In normal BB, the shortest lived HM was Isaac Stout who lasted just 48 hours.

Ashleigh and Helen were the first, in any incarnation of ukBb all-female final 2.

I'm sure I'll think of more! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You forgot BB12 by the way, which was also 64 days!

Another I thought of a while back, is that besides the BB7, BB8, BB14 and BB15 finals, 4 in 4 out had the most people leave the house in one night - 5 people left the house that night!
  • Options
    Purple MangoPurple Mango Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first Big Brother ejection happened during series 1.

The first housemate to walk happened during series 3.

The highest number of housemates to leave on their own accord happened in both series 10 and 11. Both series saw 4 housemates walk but there were no ejections.

The highest number or ejections happened during series 5 and 9. Both had to eject 2 housemates (series 9 also had 1 walker)

Series 2 and 4 had no walkers or ejections.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am pretty sure the starting cast with the highest percentage of ethnic minorities is BB6: 5 of the 13 HMs were ethnic minorities.

I am pretty sure the lowest is BB16: 2 out of 16.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The obvious one.....

A male has NEVER been voted out first iin regular BB
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    How many people have voted in this series of BB

a) more than 1000
    b) Less than 1000
    c) less than 100
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Who was the Lesbian Nun from Ireland
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Samanda were the first two indvidiuals to be counted as one Housemate...by way of sacrificing themselves up for eviction
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davina McCall revealed that her fav contestant throughout her time presenting the show was Anna. She also revealed they keep in touch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Samanda were the first two indvidiuals to be counted as one Housemate...by way of sacrificing themselves up for eviction

Oh that reminds me - Amy & Sally are the only BB or CBB twins to not make the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good thread btw!
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    BB16 is the first series since 2010's Ultimate BB to be aired in Ireland.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did you know
    channel 5 have ruined this show :o
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    did you know
    channel 5 have ruined this show :o
    I think doing 3 series in one calendar year since 2012 has milked it a tad too much to be honest.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emma Willis' all time fav hm is Nikki
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Nikki Grahame has spent the most days in the house at 102 days, Amanda and Sam and Carole from BB8 are second on 94 days. Aisleyne will become joint second if she is still in the house on Day 56 of BB16 (6th July).
    Nikki is now the first housemate to live in both the UK and Canadian house, she has been in the Canadian house for 13 days (115 days overall) and she is not a nominee for the next eviction.

She has lived with a total of 62 different people in Big Brother. She missed out on living with Jonathan in BB7, the first 9 people to leave BB16 and Paige in BB Canada 4, she has lived with Aisleyne twice - once in BB7 and again in BB16. She also lived with Mikey, Lea and Grace twice - both in BB7.

Nikki has had 5 main appearances
    BB7 - Evicted week 8.
    BB7 - Voted back by in viewers during week 12, finished in 5th place in week 13
    Ultimate Big Brother - finished in 2nd place on day 18
    BB16 - Entered as a guest at the start of week 5, left at the end of week 6.
    BBCanada 4 - Voted in by viewers at the beginning of week 2, is currently competing and is safe from week 4's eviction
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nikki has had 5 main appearances
    BB7 - Evicted week 8.
    BB7 - Voted back by in viewers during week 12, finished in 5th place in week 13
    Ultimate Big Brother - finished in 2nd place on day 18
    BB16 - Entered as a guest at the start of week 5, left at the end of week 6.
    BBCanada 4 - Voted in by viewers at the beginning of week 2, is currently competing and is safe from week 4's eviction

8 appearances overall if you count the paparazzi task in CBB, the BB10 anniversary task and as part of the many people that went in during the premiere task in BB12 as well
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel free to add your own :)

Chris Eubank is the housemate to have spent the least days in the house. He was evicted on Day 2 of Celebrity Big Brother 1.

BB1, BB2, BB3 and BB4 are the shortest main series to air (64 days) and BB8 is the longest at (94 days). According to Chloe's "we have 18 days left" comment a few days ago BB16 will also last 64 days with an end date of 14 July, but that is to be confirmed.

This summer Big Brother 16 will be followed by Celebrity Big Brother 16. In January the number of series of Celebrity Big Brother will outnumber the number of series of Big Brother for the first time.

Davina McCall has presented 19 series (Big Brother 1-11, Celebrity Big Brother 1-7, Ultimate Big Brother), Emma Willis has presented 7 series (Big Brother 14-16, Celebrity Big Brother 12-15), Brian Dowling has presented 6 series (Big Brother 12-13, Celebrity Big Brother 8-11) and Dermot O'Leary has presented 2 series (Teen Big Brother and Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack.

There have been 9 male winners of Big Brother and 6 female winners, there have also been 9 male winners of Celebrity Big Brother and 6 female winners. Ultimate Big Brother was also won by a male, as was Teen Big Brother though there was no public vote.

The most recent series of both Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother were both won by women, and both ones before were won by men.

Brian Dowling is the only housemate to have won the show twice (Big Brother 2 and Ultimate Big Brother).

Nikki Grahame has been in the house as a competitor 3 separate times (twice in BB7 and once in Ultimate Big Brother). She returned as a guest for two weeks in BB16, her fourth overnight appearance. Her best placing was 2nd in Ultimate Big Brother where she beat three former winners in a public vote (Nadia in a vote to evict, Chantelle and Ulrika in a vote to win) .

The highest eviction percentage is Nicole's in BB9 with 94.04%, Sezer from BB7 is second with 91.6%. Both went out in 3 way evictions, although in the Channel 4 days head to head eviction were far more common.

The highest rating in the history of Big Brother UK was the final of Big Brother 3 in 2002, which got 10 million viewers. The highest rating in Celebrity Big Brother history was the second eviction of CBB5 in 2007, which got 8.78 million viewers in the middle of a racism controversy. Jade Goody left the house on both of these evenings. Jade was the first person to be a housemate in two different series, was the only person to be a housemate in both Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother, was the first person to be a housemate with a relative (her mother) and was the first housemate to pass away.

I know that this is the case in terms of percentages but I wonder, in terms of actual votes cast if it might, have been Stuart ( BB2) because he had 86 % of the vote - and of course the viewing then was much bigger.

I cannot find out the actual amount but it must have been a lot - it is a moot point.
  • Options
    Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 6,178
    Forum Member
    .Chris Eubank is the housemate to have spent the least days in the house. He was evicted on Day 2 of Celebrity Big Brother 1.

Is this still correct? Tila Tequila was ejected from the Celebrity Big Brother house during CBB16 on Day 2? I wonder who spent the least amount of time in there?