Fairly Legal on Universal

StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
Forum Member
Even without Sarah Shahi in it, this would be good, as it is....she's the Icing on the Cake, to this new 'legal'/Mediator Drama from the US.

Loved it.....can't wait for next Sunday.:cool:

Loving the Ringtones too.:)

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I recorded it yesterday along with The Defenders. Both seem to have fairly good reviews.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I recorded it yesterday along with The Defenders. Both seem to have fairly good reviews.

I preferred the Defenders to Fairly Legal, both were slick and well made but there was just something more endearing about the Defenders, it really made me smile.

I also thought that the Defenders looked really cool like White Collar, they were very slick, very well-dressed and had the whole cool attitude and snappy dialogue going on.

The one thing that annoyed me about Fairly Legal was that the lead just couldn't walk on her stilettos and they seemed to spend ages showing her staggering around on her Laboutins. There also seemed to be loooooooaaaaaaads of filler shots of San Francisco.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    There also seemed to be loooooooaaaaaaads of filler shots of San Francisco.
    I thought that too. But at least they tried to do something different with them; tilt-shift.
    Forum Member
    There also seemed to be loooooooaaaaaaads of filler shots of San Francisco.

I thought that too. But at least they tried to do something different with them; tilt-shift.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Both fine but I only have time to watch so much TV a week and so I don't think these will make the cut.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the adverts it looks like the new version of Ally McBeal, but without the weirdness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed it and will definitely watch it again. Looks like that's my viewing sorted out on a Sunday night now...Fairly Legal at 8, Law & Order Special Victims Unit at 9 and Rookie Blue at 10.

And I don't even have to change channels and worry about missing the end/beginning of a programme...bonus! :D
    Forum Member
    I preferred the Defenders to Fairly Legal, both were slick and well made but there was just something more endearing about the Defenders, it really made me smile.

I also thought that the Defenders looked really cool like White Collar, they were very slick, very well-dressed and had the whole cool attitude and snappy dialogue going on.

The one thing that annoyed me about Fairly Legal was that the lead just couldn't walk on her stilettos and they seemed to spend ages showing her staggering around on her Laboutins. There also seemed to be loooooooaaaaaaads of filler shots of San Francisco.
    I was going to post about that. She didn't look happy, comfortable and didn't look sexy with those heels on.
    Maybe it was part of the script/character instead of just bad styling.

I didn't like it though. I didn't like the music, the slow-mo, the fast-mo, the blurred shots, the shakey shots.

The rest of the plot was ok apart from being somewhat predictable in parts.

I doubt i'll watch it again though.

One more thing, do we get to see her mother? She looks nothing like her dad or brother. Infact a different race. I know casting isn't everything these days in programs but surely family members should be the same race. Fair enough if her mother was middle eastern or latino or other or she was adopted.
    Forum Member
    alternate wrote: »
    Both fine but I only have time to watch so much TV a week and so I don't think these will make the cut.
    The last law series I watched was Boston Legal so i'm comparing it to that (and i'm sure many others will also).

It's just not as good as that. I realise that this is not supposed to be as quirky/funny as BL but it did seem to have it's quirky/funny bits.

Again, probably not going to be a weekly show for me. I would probably wait until I can get the whole series and then i've i'm bored I can watch 2 or 3 eps at a time.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    . There also seemed to be loooooooaaaaaaads of filler shots of San Francisco.
    Yes, there was a lot of that....was it a miniature look lens.:confused:.....maybe just for the Pilot..

What channel The Defenders....?
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    What channel The Defenders....?
    It's on FX
    Forum Member
    It's on FX
    Thanks...:)

Good episode this week...with the Innocent Man..and the Will, who is David Smith.:confused:

And how Kate uses her Mediating skills in her own life is Fun.....Still got the fast-forward film, but not as much as the Pilot last week.:yawn:

Lauren I like too.;)
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Lauren I like too.;)
    Yep. Wouldn't like to have to choose :p
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it and will definitely watch it again. Looks like that's my viewing sorted out on a Sunday night now...Fairly Legal at 8, Law & Order Special Victims Unit at 9 and Rookie Blue at 10.

And I don't even have to change channels and worry about missing the end/beginning of a programme...bonus! :D

Snap lol. I like this new programme Fairly Legal its got great storylines and is well acted and produced.
  • Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unmissable.

I look forward to every episode. Hope there's a series 2.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am loving The Defenders. I think James Belushi and Jerry O'Connell have a great on screen chemisty. :D

Haven't caught up with Fairly Legal yet.
  • joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I am loving The Defenders. I think James Belushi and Jerry O'Connell have a great on screen chemisty. :D

Haven't caught up with Fairly Legal yet.

Snap!

Got a few legal-type show on the go now and recently (Good Wife, L&O UK, Silk) so have recorded Fairly Legal for later viewing. Good to see a bit of buzz on here tho, as I was getting worried it was a bit of a turkey!:o

However, with the news that The Defenders has been cancelled and Fairly Legal renewed, I may have gotten them the wrong way round :rolleyes:
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=joebloggs90;50166816However, with the news that The Defenders has been cancelled [/QUOTE]

I hope not! :eek:
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Good to see Michael Trucco getting more work after being in Battlestar Galactica.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I hope not! :eek:

'fraid so, but that's the US nets for you! :mad:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a319216/scorecard-whats-in-and-out-at-cbs.html
    Forum Member
    Still enjoying FL....and the Hot Lauren, Kate to.;)

It maybe a lightweight Legal Drama, but all the cast, are very likable....stories to, very good, and reading on imdb, it has been renewed.:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    I have them all on the Sky+ to watch. They are in the queue behind Primeval, Castle and Criminal Minds. Hopefully I can start hammering this series out at the end of next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    Snap lol. I like this new programme Fairly Legal its got great storylines and is well acted and produced.
    Snap!

Glad I'm not the only one who stays on the same channel all night :D Stil enjoying Fairly Legal, find it very easy viewing and not too taxing on the brain. Reminds me a lot of Royal Pains in that you don't have to think too hard when you watch it and can just enjoy the programme.

Speaking of which...I got all excited the other week when I saw it advertised on Universal and then realised they were just re-showing the first series :( does anybody know if this is ever coming back or has it been :cry: cancelled
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... Reminds me a lot of Royal Pains in that you don't have to think too hard when you watch it and can just enjoy the programme.

Speaking of which...I got all excited the other week when I saw it advertised on Universal and then realised they were just re-showing the first series :( does anybody know if this is ever coming back or has it been :cry: cancelled

Not at all! S3 of RP starts in the US in a few weeks, however I don't know what Universal are doing with it here :confused:

I suspect (hope;)) as Psych is in the same early Sunday evening slot, that it will take over once that is done (3eps to go). RP was shown in the UK last summer, so let's hope it is again :)

(BTW. Sarah Shahi of Fairly Legal was in Psych a couple of weeks ago)
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    (BTW. Sarah Shahi of Fairly Legal was in Psych a couple of weeks ago)

She was also Damian Lewis's partner in Life, and a lesbian DJ in The L-Word.