Options

Just re-subscribed to Sky but Movie on demand downloads FAIL everytime

PfrancisPfrancis Posts: 301
Forum Member
Please help
I've recently re-subsribed to Sky and I can download Tv box sets,live tv programmes but for some reason if i try to download an on demand movie it keeps stopping after about 2% and stating FAILED.
Am I missing something?
It IS an old hd box but I can't understand why it records some things but not others

Comments

• Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Silly question, but are you subscribed to Sky Movies?
    And is that to Sky Movies 1 & 2 packages because (AFAIK) you require them both to be able to DL movies to your STB
    (Happy to be corrected on that!)
    With Movies On Demand, our Sky Movies 1 & 2 customers can choose from hundreds of Sky Movies every month when you connect your compatible Sky+HD box to your broadband router. Enjoy everything from the latest blockbusters to your old favourites, with plenty of themed box sets to choose from. You can also rent movies in the new Sky Store.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Silly question, but are you subscribed to Sky Movies?
    And is that to Sky Movies 1 & 2 packages because (AFAIK) you require them both to be able to DL movies to your STB
    (Happy to be corrected on that!)

As far as i was aware, it is the same as for recording, you can download whatever you want, your subscription level is only checked when you go to watch it.

OP - try deleting everything from the deleted tab in your planner, sometimes works. Also, rebooting could help, if you haven't done so.
  • Options
    rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as i was aware, it is the same as for recording, you can download whatever you want, your subscription level is only checked when you go to watch it.

OP - try deleting everything from the deleted tab in your planner, sometimes works. Also, rebooting could help, if you haven't done so.

No, this was changed in the recent software update. When you select a programme for download, it will check your subscription status at that point and prevent you from downloading it if you don't have the correct pack.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rewind wrote: »
    No, this was changed in the recent software update. When you select a programme for download, it will check your subscription status at that point and prevent you from downloading it if you don't have the correct pack.

Interesting.

Does this stop it straight away, or after it has started (as the OP states they get about 2%)?
  • Options
    rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.

Does this stop it straight away, or after it has started (as the OP states they get about 2%)?

No - it won't let you download it at all. A message pops up on screen telling you to upgrade your subscription so the OP must have another issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No - it won't let you download it at all. A message pops up on screen telling you to upgrade your subscription so the OP must have another issue.

Good idea though, as I could see "some" people complaining that Sky allowed them to download a file, which counts towards their monthly usage if they have a cap, that they could then not watch.

Not that anyone would do that sort of thing, especially knowing they can't watch it as they don't have the right sub......
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea though, as I could see "some" people complaining that Sky allowed them to download a file, which counts towards their monthly usage if they have a cap, that they could then not watch.

Not that anyone would do that sort of thing, especially knowing they can't watch it as they don't have the right sub......

You've obviously never seen the Sky Help Forums- "I have Sky Atlantic, why can't I watch Game of Thrones from Box Sets?"

Possible the OP hasn't had the SU yet as it's still rolling out, and since he has an older box, it's likely to not be on the R10