✭✭✭
    tonypennys wrote: »
    Bobby George on itv who's doing the dishes

I saw it :kitty:
  • Options
    coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The singles event will be played on Sunday 21st September, with Eurosport 2 showing live coverage of the Men's Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals and Final, as well as the Ladies Semi-Finals and Final, from 5pm to 9:45pm GMT.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,335,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbo v Mitchell and Phillips v Jennings in the men's semi-finals...
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbo v Mitchell and Phillips v Jennings in the men's semi-finals...

And those 4 beat 4 of the biggest names in BDO darts in the last 8 too

James Wilson
    Ted Hankey
    Martin Adams
    Scott Waites
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise Hankey had moved back. That's how much he's been on the radar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And those 4 beat 4 of the biggest names in BDO darts in the last 8 too

James Wilson
    Ted Hankey
    Martin Adams
    Scott Waites

95 average by Robbo too, not too shabby
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phillips v Mitchell final...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deta wins the ladies so no Winstanley double across the codes...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely to see Scotty win a televised event - in style too, average of nearly 96 and 67% checkout
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    more BDO next week on Eurosport1HD
    Romanian 4pm till 9pm sunday!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Romanian Open is for purists only. Don't know most of the players.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scott Waites wins the mens title beating Finland's Sami Sanssi 7-4 in the final.

Good week for Scotty. He won the team event with England and the pairs with Scott Mitchell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Romanian Open is for purists only. Don't know most of the players.

there was some good scoring from the unknown players...
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I didn't realise Hankey had moved back. That's how much he's been on the radar.

Subject to whatever the exchange rate was on the day, he has won £1,025 or so this season. And that is with travelling to at least 12 events across Europe. Hmm...

Anyhoo, you would have had the semi finals and final of the ladies event tonight. However this happened:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByofOLzCEAAVTaY.jpg

Wonder if they will get fined or whatever. Hedman, Ana and Lorraine W were three of the ladies, forget who the fourth was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Subject to whatever the exchange rate was on the day, he has won £1,025 or so this season. And that is with travelling to at least 12 events across Europe. Hmm...

Anyhoo, you would have had the semi finals and final of the ladies event tonight. However this happened:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByofOLzCEAAVTaY.jpg

Wonder if they will get fined or whatever. Hedman, Ana and Lorraine W were three of the ladies, forget who the fourth was.

Whose post is that ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whose post is that ?

Dunno, Ive taken it from elsewhere, seems to be a Twitter filepath for the image so its on Twitter somewhere.

The events did actually happen Darren, if thats the reason you ask :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno, Ive taken it from elsewhere, seems to be a Twitter filepath for the image so its on Twitter somewhere.

The events did actually happen Darren, if thats the reason you ask :p

Ha no i can well believe it. And I think they have a point. OK, with the ladies it seems to be the same 3 plus AN Other at the moment but the women are probably better known than most of the men.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dunno, I think there are better ways of going about it.

This event only had €500 to the winner, the ranking points were insignificant as it was only a Cat D (and wouldn't have improved the positions of any of the 4 women) and at least 3 of the 4 women were there on a freebie as it was tacked onto the end of the Europe Cup, so their federation would have paid for the trip.

Would they pull the same stunt at, let's say, the Masters, which has a much higher prize fund and points payout? I highly doubt it. Feel sorry for the organisers of the Romanian, they had doubled the ladies payout a couple of weeks ago due to complaints, and the gesture has been smacked back in their faces. Events like this won't help their cause if they want further telly coverage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dunno, I think there are better ways of going about it.

This event only had €500 to the winner, the ranking points were insignificant as it was only a Cat D (and wouldn't have improved the positions of any of the 4 women) and at least 3 of the 4 women were there on a freebie as it was tacked onto the end of the Europe Cup, so their federation would have paid for the trip.

Would they pull the same stunt at, let's say, the Masters, which has a much higher prize fund and points payout? I highly doubt it. Feel sorry for the organisers of the Romanian, they had doubled the ladies payout a couple of weeks ago due to complaints, and the gesture has been smacked back in their faces. Events like this won't help their cause if they want further telly coverage.

Sometimes you have to make a stand. There are many BDO members who will support them I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sometimes you have to make a stand. There are many BDO members who will support them I think.

You mean like the men who carried on playing? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean like the men who carried on playing? :p

Ah but the men, well at least the ones I saw anyway, were European players who were probably new to all this. I think a few BDO faces in the UK would support them.

By the way, what has happened to Lisa Ashton ? Seems to have fallen from grace a little since Lakeside
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah but the men, well at least the ones I saw anyway, were European players who were probably new to all this. I think a few BDO faces in the UK would support them.

By the way, what has happened to Lisa Ashton ? Seems to have fallen from grace a little since Lakeside

She was lucky to win that Lakeside final, Deta shat herself. Don't think she plays many events anyway? Don't follow the ladies game that closely in all honesty! Guaranteed place at Lakeside the year after always takes the pressure off the points chase.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    World Masters in Hull this weekend. Its on BE2 from 12 noon on Friday