Options

Jade Goody is dead

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brekkie wrote: »
    Maybe just begin the programme with a minutes booing then "in memory of" Jade.

I don`t know whether to laugh or cry.......

:rolleyes: I `m laughing :D
  • Options
    BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been all sarcastic and negative on the other threads, so I feel I should at least say something nice, at least because whether you hate her or not, whether this whole circus annoys you or if it doesn't, today two young children have been left without a mother.
    And that's a tragedy no matter who the mother is.

That last bit sounded insulting, I'm sorry if you took it that way, I didn't mean it to be.
  • Options
    larlaruklarlaruk Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    Rip :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    qixvix wrote: »
    Why do you have a problem with that? Many celebrities do the same - many famous people can be said to be selling a part of themselves - hell, going to work can be said to be selling a part of yourself - you hawk out your time and effort for money

The major difference here seems be one of snobbery and hypocricy

She was a council estate girl with a big mouth, and many people do not like that - yet when we see her criticised most heavily for that it is by people using far harsher words than she ever did

It all stinks of hypocricy - if people do not like her or the attention she wanted then why are YOU talking about it?

I'm tried of Jade is a saint. When all she was chav trash who had the misfortune of getting cancer at a young age. That doesn't change what she was...chav trash who never did anything to better herself.
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Rest in peace now Jade, after so much brave suffering.
  • Options
    bluebitchboybluebitchboy Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear god...she's not maggie thatcher. She's dead. Hope ur feeling happy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, just Jade :D

You definitely seem to be able to relate to her intellectually.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    my probelm isnt people agreeing with me, its the vile way he speaks about a dead woman, whos 2 children are left behind and will one day read things like this...she hasnt doe anything to the other poster, so theres no neeed to be so hateful! Thats all i meant!

Then say that and dont tell people to post elswhere as you dont the authority to do that.

Also, what you may read as hateful may just be a point of view. An internet forum is a text based communication method and you cannot infer how people feel when you read their comments.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Finally

Thank goodness for that
    Although I doubt that's the last headline there'll be with her name on it :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm.....obviously it's unfortunate, but if I'm completely honest, I wasn't sad or shocked when I read the news this morning. I don't mean that in a nasty way --- I just wasn't, don't know why.

All the best to her family and close friends though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, not many people can claim they have gone from rags to riches, back to rags then back to riches again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You definitely seem to be able to relate to her intellectually.

Thanks :D You seem to be able to relate to some of her not so fine qualities ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Esensuelle wrote: »
    A lot of people resent her for the money she made; they jealous as hell.

It's okay, I know, no one isn't going to admit to that though...

Why do people say that? Money is not the end all -be all. Pablo Escobar was a hell of a lot richer than Jade Goody but I am not envious of they way either person made their money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I followed my mother's hearse as she was driven to the cemetary, some miles away, I observed a strange phenomenon. So many strangers crossed themselves, bowed their heads or , for an older generation of men, removed their hats as the cortege made its progress throught the streets. They did not know my mother. They were simply showing compassion and a mark of respect for the passing of a fellow human being. Compassion and a sense of common humanity is sadly missing from those who think it appropriate to make spiteful and derogatory remarks about a young woman who died today. Their callous remarks proves conclusively that they lack even the barest modicum of common decency and humanity.
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maine79 wrote: »
    I'm tried of Jade is a saint. When all she was chav trash who had the misfortune of getting cancer at a young age. That doesn't change what she was...chav trash who never did anything to better herself.

She did plenty to make sure she bettered her kids lives though. They're set to get a good education, which she never had.
  • Options
    aka_luciferaka_lucifer Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been all sarcastic and negative on the other threads, so I feel I should at least say something nice, at least because whether you hate her or not, whether this whole circus annoys you or if it doesn't, today two young children have been left without a mother.
    And that's a tragedy no matter who the mother is.

That last bit sounded insulting, I'm sorry if you took it that way, I didn't mean it to be.

A mother has died young - that´s tragic.

The Gweedy Circus will be with us for a while yet -that´s horrific.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does she rise again?

Well, Easter's coming up. Is there a cave in Epping Memorial Park?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    sofieellis wrote: »
    She did plenty to make sure she bettered her kids lives though. They're set to get a good education, which she never had.

She got some of the money for kids. My guess is some of that money will end up with her drug addled mother and her bully husband.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    When I followed my mother's hearse as she was driven to the cemetary, some miles away, I observed a strange phenomenon. So many strangers crossed themselves, bowed their heads or , for an older generation of men, removed their hats as the cortege made its progress throught the streets. They did not know my mother. They were simply showing compassion and a mark of respect for the passing of a fellow human being. Compassion and a sense of common humanity is sadly missing from those who think it appropriate to make spiteful and derogatory remarks about a young woman who died today. Their callous remarks proves conclusively that they lack even the barest modicum of common decency and humanity.

Completely agree here.

I was no fan of Jade Goody, but she was a human being like everybody else and deserves to be treated as such, in both life and death.

My thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people say that? Money is not the end all -be all. Pablo Escobar was a hell of a lot richer than Jade Goody but I am not envious of they way either person made their money.

It is for a lot of people, hence the bitterness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member

Very good post..someone who speak sense in this place!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    R.I.P Jade :(

I wasn't a fan, and didn't really like her, but I still feel really sorry for her kids. It must be terrible for them to lose their mum on mothers day, as it would be for anyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    Isn't this all so strange? I'm baffled by this mass outpouring of emotion.

Yes, what happened to our stiff upper lips? Is global warming affecting our national temperament?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »

Let us hope that the money goes to where it is intended
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nicely put, good post and re the bit I've emboldened, hopefully 'they' are in the minority.