Ant and Dec's new show - Push the Button (merged)

Comments

• Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't ITV bring back one of their old shows like You Bet! for example, because it would be alot better than what I have just watched?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'd like to see You Bet! come back. Great show that.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back 'Poker Face' :cry:
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    bring back take me out!
  • keli77keli77 Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rowanhudge wrote: »
    all very fishy to me. Cant believe they could do an 11 note sequence on 1 hearing. Are all 4 secret MENSA members?

They didnt.

I was at the recording on Thurs evening and they didnt show tonight they were allowed 1 lifeline where they could hear the sequence again and they used it on the 11 note sequence!
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I turned over and watched Indian Hill Railways.

What a truly lovely programme - Just can't praise this programme enough - lovely respectful people with a real pride in their job - great scenery - I feel like I have taken a load of valium after watching this.
    I want to live there and go up and down the hill in the steam train every day :D
  • Adam14Adam14 Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'd like to see You Bet! come back. Great show that.

That would be great...You Bet! was a great show.

Although, if it came back, it would probably be hosted by Ben Shepherd and would be called "All Star You Bet!"

You can just imagine who the "celebrities" would be, all the usual faces...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    On the wedding cake round, when the money clock gets to 56,700 the shot changes to show the red family sofa, whilst in the background you can clearly see the red family just adding the THIRD layer of the cake.

At 56,100 the shot is changed to show the blue cake, and in the background the red cake suddenly has FOUR layers. This clearly indicates an edit, BUT the countdown clock just counts down normally throughout the entire game, and has not been equivalently editted.

Is this proof the whole countdown money shots may be fake?
  • Sharpie MarkerSharpie Marker Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back back hanging!

(But only for contestants and audience of this show!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    repton3 wrote: »
    On the wedding cake round, when the money clock gets to 56,700 the shot changes to show the red family sofa, whilst in the background you can clearly see the red family just adding the THIRD layer of the cake.

At 56,100 the shot is changed to show the blue cake, and in the background the red cake suddenly has FOUR layers. This clearly indicates an edit, BUT the countdown clock just counts down normally throughout the entire game, and has not been equivalently editted.

Is this proof the whole countdown money shots may be fake?

i cant explain the differences in shots but the money countdown was correct on Thurs night at the recording.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back back hanging!

(But only for contestants and audience of this show!)

Wow i'm going to be hung for attending a tv show recording??? How harsh of you!!!!
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    keli77 wrote: »
    I was at the recording on Thurs evening and they didnt show tonight they were allowed 1 lifeline where they could hear the sequence again and they used it on the 11 note sequence!

You should let the press know. That'd go down well after the voting scandals in the past. ITV cheating its viewers? Whatever next?!
  • tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rowanhudge wrote: »
    all very fishy to me. Cant believe they could do an 11 note sequence on 1 hearing. Are all 4 secret MENSA members?

Oh come on, Sharpie Marker has already said, you each have a colour, you just have to remember where your colour appears in the sequence, e.g. 1, 3 and 5. Not exactly rocket science, and all that shouting is unbearable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Right I said, 'let's watch it before we hang em out to dry'.

Well, I've watched it so... lets hang em out to dry!!!

Utter sh!te.

No wonder they said they wouldn't be watching it as it aired - preferring to watch the footy - I'd prefer to watch the footy from now on & I HATE FOOTY!

Too safe, too predictable, too boring - even my youngest tuned out after a few mins.

Easy money for them - money for jam.

I'll be out next week when it comes on.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was the worst pile of crap since they decommissioned The Generation Game. A total rip off of an already awful gameshow. I was half expecting Ant and Dec to say, 'Didn't they do well!' It was ridiculously dragged out so long I wanted to turn off after 15 minutes. It took em that long just to introduce the actors....sorry I mean families.

It was embarrassing to watch and would have turned off ages ago had it not been for my wife wanting to watch it. I can't stand seeing people make complete utter prats of themselves in the name of entertainment. Talk about dumb down TV. Can't believe they ditched Take Me Out for this. At least that was remotely funny and entertaining. Will not be watching EVER again. And what the hell is going on with Ant's 1940's combover? Sort it out. But maybe he won't have to worry cos with a bit of luck it will get pulled off air if tonight was anything to go by. I just had a feeling this was gonna be a slid of rubbish after seeing the trailer for it. Just sounded like a naff tacky gameshow with a crap title...and I was correct.

Why can't ITV make decent Saturday night entertainment? I'll tell you why. Cos they don't listen to their audience cos it's all to do with making money from their sponsors and sellin advertising space and they couldn't care less about the quality of their programmes or their viewers opinions.
  • TalbertTalbert Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This programme is so shit it makes take me out seem like the Godfather....

Chav Families getting so over excited when PJ and Duncan turn up at there door that they piss themselves.....

Why is everything clapped..... Clap loosing money, clap the breaks, clap Ant and Dec's piss poor unfunny Sketches, clapping and shouting while games are being played....

Ant's haircut makes him look like Ronnie Kray....

Push the Button looks like its had alot of money spent on it and the result is its as poor as there Christmas show.

Generation game but with really young families most of the people in these two families were between the ages of 16-21..... There was no old biddy in each of the families?

Where was the phone vote/phone in competition? I had my phone ready the spend my Giro money on a rigged ITV phone in..... KEEP PHONING....

Shame Ronnie Corbett signed up for this shit....

BRING BACK Take Me Out!!!!!!

Ant and Dec will always be SMTV..... SMTV seemed more natural and less scripted......

Saturday Night Takeaway - Noel's House Party
    Push The Button - Generation Game

What will they rip off next?
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abysmal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who saw potential in it?! :confused:

The idea was to create a new show that harkened back to classic shows we all love... and that's exactly what it did.

Asking them to bring back something like You Bet isn't original or something that has aged well. They'd end up doing a Krypton Factor and ruining it.

For the very very first episode of something trying to go back to a true Saturday Night Entertainment product, I thought they did very well.

And not a celebrity in sight, brave of ITV!!! :D
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Adam14 wrote: »
    I bet it would look very different in a Primary 1 class now. However, that is off topic, but pap like this just reinforces what is wrong with Britain today - not a proper family in sight.

I can't believe what I'm reading. The Daily Mail website is that way >>>>>
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I was really looking forward to this show as I love Ant & Dec and I normally really enjoy all their shows but this was terrible, I didn't even make it to the end!
  • rowanhudgerowanhudge Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    I can't believe what I'm reading. The Daily Mail website is that way >>>>>

hear hear
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't get people on forums... even though I'm one myself.

People moan and complain that weekend telly isn't the same anymore, and it's all celebrity and reality garbage. And how someone should make a new show that goes back to the good old days of family entertainment where normal people make fools of themselves for prizes...

...they make it, and you're not happy!!!
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    bad1609 wrote: »

People moan and complain that weekend telly isn't the same anymore, and it's all celebrity and reality garbage. And how someone should make a new show that goes back to the good old days of family entertainment where normal people make fools of themselves for prizes...

This is Digital Spy.

Everyone hated Take Me Out when it started - now there's people calling for it's return. It's just the way it goes.

For what it's worth I thought it was quite good - needs a bit of tweaking but it was good for what it was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Everyone hated Take Me Out when it started - now there's people calling for it's return.

Anyone who thinks Take Me Out should return doesn't deserve an opinion. :D
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bad1609 wrote: »

I'm not happy because they wheeled out Ant 'n' Dec again; the only comedy duo with two straight men.
    The whole programme was too hysterical.
    The rounds weren't entertaining enough to watch once, let alone twice each (except for the last round).
    We don't need silly guinea pigs to explain infant school tasks, we'll pick it up in a few seconds.