Options

Your top 5 soap storylines of 2010?

davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So what have been your five favourite storylines in soap in 2010?

Mine in no particular order...

- Aaron's gay self loathing (Emmerdale) - some brilliant acting from all the actors involved in this storyline. It was well written and very emotional. I was close to tears when he was on his way to court and he knew he had to tell the truth about his sexuality. The storyline really helped develop Aaron's character even further and give him lots of depth.

- Fishstape (Coronation Street) - I've just loved every single second of this! :D Lots of tension and twists and turns in the story, and lots of brilliant dark humour! It's been really well written with plenty of dramatic irony. I think John Stape is such a legend. I love him to bits and I loved barmy Charlotte Hoyle ("Fizzy Wizzy" :D:D) The storyline has been so ridiculously fantastic from the start. I can not wait to see what happens in 2011. I hope Charlotte's parents are sticking around!

- Billie's death (EastEnders) - this was so powerful and so well done. Lindsey Coulson really demonstrated her acting talent here. It felt so real and I was in tears watching the episode when they discovered Billie had died :( It was kitchen sink realism at its best and EastEnders always manages to excel at this. This is what they should be doing more of.

- The tram crash (Coronation Street) - A brilliant week of episodes. The stunt itself made my jaw drop - it was just epic. The aftermath was well acted and it felt very realistic to see the whole community pulling together, to support each other. Claire's grief in particular has been acted out very well and it's good to see the likes of Becky and Betty rallying around to support her.

- Carla/Peter/Leanne/Nick love square (Coronation Street) - I've really enjoyed this story so far, mainly because of Carla Connor who I just love. Alison King has done really well to show how painful unrequited love is and this story makes an interesting change to the usual 'love triangle' stories that we see. My personal favourite moment so far was in the hospital when Leanne clicked that Carla had a thing for Peter and they had their confrontation :D

So those are my five :) What are yours?

Comments

• Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Eastenders Live.

2. Killer Lucas (apart from the abysmal ending)

Other than that. Nothing.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The murder of Mark Wylde in Emmerdale - and its aftermath

The Queen Vic fire, and Peggy's departure

The Corrie tram crash
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron coming out- Emmerdale

Carlas Alcholism- CS

EE: Live- Eastenders

The Wylde Saga- Emmerdale

The Tram Crash- CS

Don't watch Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    Only really watch Emmerdale, so here goes:

1) Aaron's Gay Self-Lothing
    2) Chas' Revenge
    3) Holly's Drug Addiction
    4) Con-man Charlie/Diane
    5) Mark's Murder and aftermath
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    EASTENDERS:

Who killed Archie reveal (weeks leading up to, and the live ep itself)

Lucas kidnapping denise reveal (This was CLASSIC, Lucas was such an amazing villian.

Kat and Alfie return (Love these two, especially Kat)

Glenda revealing she knew Archie was raping their daughter Ronnie when she was a kid (So powerful, Ronnie and Roxy were particularly good).

Christmas day 2010 stacey leaving. After last xmas i didn't know how eastenders could compete but they did amazing high drama throughout.

Bianca and Ricky's Wedding 2010 - i know it wasn't a storyline per se but the episode itself was one of eastenders best in recent history. It had EVERYTHING!

And finally Ronnie and Kat Baby Swap - Technically it will take place in 2010 and i just know it's going to be spectacular, with the best 2 female actresses on the show portraying it.

All in all 2010 has been a great year for eastenders with all the comebacks and new faces. Bring on 2011!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All mine are Eastenders as i don't watch any other of the main soaps.

Eastenders Live

Peggy Departure/The Vic Fire

Kat and Alfie coming back

Who Killed Archie?

Stacey leading up to when she leaves and her last day.
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All for Eastenders

Bradley's demise.

Christian and Syed relationship, reveal and reunion.

Ryan/Janine/Stacey storyling leading up to Stacey's exit.

Denise' abduction by Lucas.

Zainab/Yusuf/Masood/Tamwar/Afia storyline - think this one has a lot of potential!
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coronation Street:

John/Fishwick Storyline: Find it funny and really like the character of John.

Tony Gordon Seige Week: loved seeing the character back and loved every second of it, only upset that Tony had to go in the end.

Lewis Archer Storyline: Like the actor Nigel Havers and enjoyed him in the role as Lewis, and loved it that Audrey got a storyline. He was another character I was sad to see go.

Tram Crash Week: never been so gripped by something in a while, a brilliant set of episodes to celebrate Coronation Street's 50th Anniversary. Loved the build up to the tram crash and the aftermath of it all.
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only soaps I watch are Neighbours and EastEnders, so:

- Steph's baby and exit (Neighbours)
    - Syed being disowned (EE)
    - Archie's killer reveal (EE)
    - Billie's death (EE)
    - Lucas' killing/kidnapping/reveal (EE)
  • Options
    Dan SDan S Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jasmine's GID (HO) - definitely the best soap storyline this year!!

Corrie Tram Crash

Brendan + Ste domestic abuse (HO)

Eastenders Live

Whot Shot Calvin aftermath (HO)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    hollyoaks- brendan and ste

eastenders - chryed reveal, and live episode

emmerdale - aaron coming out

coronation street - tram week
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Corrie Tramcrash/Live episode

A week of episodes that left me glued to the TV screen and wanting more. There where many touching scenes amongst some action packed ones. Even though the deaths where quite predictable one gave Julia Hayworth as Claire the chance to shine whilst the other finally made them reveal the whole Molvin catastrophe (Not a big Fishstape fan, Charlotte kinda freaked me out :o) . We had the touching deathbed wedding (Quite predictable too,but never the less, good viewing) which was one of the many standout scenes in the live epsiode, with Jane Danson and Chris Gascoyne giving touching and genuine performances that showed the chemistry well (Willam Roche just stood there with the same ammount of emotion as one of those fallen beams in the joinery) and Simon thought we where all dumb as the kid told us unnecerserraly that 'it's quite smoky up there' we could never have guessed. A week of episodes many fans will be remembering for a while.

2) Who Killed Archie and EastEnders live

A character I couldn't stand, with no redeeming fetures or assets to him, it was only a matter of time before someone bumped him off. Every week my thoughts on who killed him changed. One week it was Ronnie the next Bradley, then Phil and so on up until Febuary in which we saw Stacey Branning been revealed as the killer as Bradley fell to his death. Despite some mistakes here and there theese set of episodes where really watchable and brought end to a really good storyline, whilst opening up some more plots.

3) The Leanne-Peter-Carla-Nick love square thing

Peter and Leanne, one of my favorite soap couples, I couldn't wait for them to get married, then Nick and Carla got in the way and at first I was like, WHY! And then I was like, oh, this could be quite interesting. The fact Carla's aclcoholisam brought her and Peter closer together and a trip down memory lane brought Nick and Leanne together made for some good viewing by three stong actors (Ben Price been the not so good one) and the fact that Ken and Deirdre know and are trying to get Nick away from Leanne gets more actors involved. Hopefully Nick will set his sights elsewhere, even though I can't see that happening. Roll on February the 14th.

4) Stacey leaving

After Max saving Stacey's skin by recording over the admission tape, Stacey's sigh of relif was short lived as Janine told the entire pub it was Stacey who bumped Archie off. Stacey planned to do a runner, like most Square residents do, but her plans looked doomed when Janine very tactfully stabbed herself to get Stacey banged up and to regain 'love of her life' Ryan, both which failed. After a shocked and scared Stacey ran onto the roof, Max helped her escape, just as the police drove into the square, Janine was carted away as Ryan looked on losing his daughter and girlfriend and at the airport Max admitted his love for Stacey (Thankfully she still loves Bradley) and Stacey got onto a plane to a better life.

5) Jasmine/Jason

Victoria Atkin blew me away in theese episodes, her emotions really came across on screen. Her confusion as she started to like Bart and kissing Anita, the three are thankfully now friends. This storyline can only get better and better.
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Eastenders:

1. Christian/Syed reveal, reunion and relationship
    2. Phil's Drug Addiction
    3. Eastenders Live - Who Killed Archie?
    4. Billie's Death
    5. Killer Lucas
  • Options
    bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Jasmine/Jason (Hollyoaks)
    2. Tram week (Coronation Street)
    3. Ste and Brendan (Hollyoaks)
    4. Aaron's gay self loathing (emmerdale)
    5. Who killed Archie (Eastenders)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    In no particular order ...

All of them are from Emmerdale except for the Jasmine's/Jason's GID in Hollyoaks.

Aaron coming out

The Wylde Saga

Charlie the Conman

and finally ... Nikhil's virginity .... lol jk :p .... Eric Pollard's current storyline has me really gripped.
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron's coming out (ED), Jasmine's GID (HO), Tram Crash/Live ep (Corrie), Live Ep (EE), Billie's death (EE)
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    1. The Gail and Joe Saga (Coronation Street)
    2. Fishtape (Coronation Street)
    3. The Tram Crash (Coronation Street)
    4. Who Killed Archie?/EastEnders Live (EastEnders)
    5. Molvin (Coronation Street)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All Eastenders:

1.) Christian/Syed reveal and reunion
    2.) Live episode
    3.) Single Billie's death aftermath episode where everyone found out.
    4.) Queen Vic fire
    5.) Masood's and Yusef
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wylde/Lamb Saga
    Aaron's coming out
    Tram week
    Charlie the con man
    Chryed reveal (nothing before or after it though)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only watch Corrie and EE so (in no particular order)

-Christian and Syed reveal/reunion -EE
    -Tram crash - Corrie
    -EE live ep
    -Queen Vic fire - EE
    - Tony Gordon siege week - Corrie

:)
  • Options
    MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    I only watch EE so -

1) Christian and Syed storyline
    2) Live episode/Bradley's death/who killed Archie?
    3) Lucas storyline
    4) Stacey's exit

Not sure about the last one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in no particular order:

Aaron's coming out (Emmerdale)
    The Wylde/lamb Saga (Emmerdale)
    Tram Crash (Coronation Street)
    Killer Lucas (Eastenders)
    Jasmine/Jason GID (Hollyoaks)
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaron coming out
    Tram crash!
    Ringo dead (YAY!)
    Chas's revenge
    Stape's progress (hated it for ages, then PC came in, and it became hilarious).
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christian/Syed/Amira and Masood disowning
    Billies death and Carol's reaction
    Janine going mad and trying to kill Ryan/steal Lilly
    Lucas
    Vic fire
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,125
    Forum Member