• Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan's Dad wrote: »
    It isn't a tax its a Licence Fee

Nope, it's a tax.
    ONS wrote:
    The television licence fee, which is a payment that entitles the holder to receive television signals, has been reclassified in the National Accounts as a tax. This is because, in line with the definition of a tax, the licence fee is a compulsory payment which is not paid solely for access to BBC
    services. Previously, this payment had been classified in the National Accounts as a service charge.
  • Options
    zz9zz9 Posts: 10,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katana1000 wrote: »
    Why your attitude?

You have been more in your face than most here, but when you see someone who is as indifferent as you when making a point, you get all hoity toity.

Its a difference of opinion, get over it.

or maybe try managing on my yearly budget and needs and see how you cope ... I can assure you, i cant afford the TV Tax or Sky any-more.

Now Smug away ... I'm un-subscribing here till Monday when I will post if needed my voice recording and no doubt obfuscation trying to get the TVLA to acknowledge my cancelled DD and also a refund i recon i am due, because they charge you in advance.

Enjoy your TV.

When you said "For the BBC Fan boys, though ... I've cancellated my license so you are going to have to pay more in future, especially as more opt out.

Did BBC Fan Boys really think they could bully that many people into subsidising their Licence (tax) here? They have lost me for one.
    you clearly have an attitude and an agenda. Who here has ever said you should buy a TV licence if you do not watch TV? I love my Sky HD box, and have just connected it to my router and set up the excellent Anytime catch up download service, so I'm hardly a "BBC fanboy".

I'll happily argue with people who think the UK is worse than other TVL countries, or who think a national broadcaster is well worth funding, but I've never suggested anyone who doesn't watch TV should be forced to buy a licence.
    I have suggested I would prefer the BBC to be funded from general taxation instead of a licence,so clearly some people there would be funding them without watching but the fact that it would be far fairer to the low paid and would save millions lost through evasion and admin would outweigh that point. And in any case that would be the same as me being now forced to fund schools which I do not use, train and bus subsidies I, libraries, parks, opera ballet and arts etc etc.
  • Options
    Katana1000Katana1000 Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you totally thick or being deliberately Obtuse?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    You said.

If they wouldn't need to write, that must mean they would know, that all the people not informing them, really haven't got TVs.

Which is why they don't take people's word for it, because people, lots of people, lie.

With cars they can easily catch people out because they have to go past cameras. With TVs they can't, hence writing and visits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zz9 wrote: »
    [BI ]love my Sky HD box,[/B]

Final word for you laddie ... and it seems like you might have been a Biker too with that name.

Please get out more, there is more to life than a Sky Box, trust me on this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crap, but keep on dis informing, you will win that way.

Do you really believe a word Cameron says?, you don't know it yet but you are a puppet.

Of all the totally bizarre, unfounded, illogical and incorrect things ever said on DS I think the suggestion that David Cameron and the Tories are supporters of the BBC and the TV licence and are desperately trying to keep it must rank as one of the best.

That is right up with "the moon landings were faked" and "Prince Phillip killed Diana".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of all the totally bizarre, unfounded, illogical and incorrect things ever said on DS I think the suggestion that David Cameron and the Tories are supporters of the BBC and the TV licence and are desperately trying to keep it must rank as one of the best.

That is right up with "the moon landings were faked" and "Prince Phillip killed Diana".

Are you done now?

I'll spell it out for you.

I D O NOT LIKE THE BBC AS

MUCH

AS YOU
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which is why they don't take people's word for it, because people, lots of people, lie.

You suggested they would, if it was mandatory to declare TV ownership.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final word for you laddie ... and it seems like you might have been a Biker too with that name.

Please get out more, there is more to life than a Sky Box, trust me on this

I love my Sky HD box because I am out so often, or working, at all hours that I love the fact that I can easily record the programmes I want to watch. My TV is only on when I want to watch a specific programme and afterwards I turn it off. It isn't on all hours of the day as you seem to be suggesting.

If I was just sitting in front of the TV all day I wouldn't need to record things, would I?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and it seems like you might have been a Biker too with that name.

Or a fan of HHGTTG.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love my Sky HD box because I am out so often, or working,

But you can still manage almost 6'000 idiot posts on Digital Spy.

Yeah, i believe every word you say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You suggested they would, if it was mandatory to declare TV ownership.

It would be the same as with cars. It is a legal requirement there but they still have cameras. They still don't "just take your word for it"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Click on my user name. "2.12 posts per day"

Click on your user name. "4.07 posts per day"

You were saying?
  • Options
    StevenNTStevenNT Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    It must get lonely in that bedsit. :D

Sorry couldn't resist.

LOL, that made me laugh :D
    The way he goes on he must be bored ;)
    For the nth time

I DON'T LIVE IN BEDSIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well you picked the name, so we will carry on with it cos it's the image we paint of you it seems :D
    And why would being told I'm an evader, make me lonely :confused:

Well you really do spend so much time moaning about TVL not only on here but over at TVLR moaning and pretending to be confused when your really not. You really need to drop your confused act ;)
    Nope, it's a tax.

It's called the "TV Licence", that's the official name of it. It's not called a "TV Tax" anywhere in legislation. I dare you to prove to me it's called a TV Tax in the House of Commons legislation (I don't give a stuff what ONS say) so don't quote that again to backup your claim to me.
    Even the Westminster Government call it that. Stop trying to refer it as a Tax just to suit your deluded and pathetic agenda. I can't believe you spend so much time with you TVL agenda despite the FACT you don't even watch Live TV. You must be a riot down the pub of you do leave your bestsit to visit a pub :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or a fan of HHGTTG.

Lets just say I am a guy who knows where my towel is. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And I'm actually working now. Or supposed to be anyway... :eek:
  • Options
    StevenNTStevenNT Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Click on my user name. "2.12 posts per day"

Click on your user name. "4.07 posts per day"

You were saying?

LOL, well he just got 0wned as some would day :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or a fan of HHGTTG.

And still watching too much TV.

Either way I'm glad I've upset one of those that like to lord it over the poorer, even if for a second.

There is such a thing as Karma and I've seen only too well what go's around comes around to the smug.

Their time will come.
  • Options
    Dan's DadDan's Dad Posts: 9,880
    Forum Member
    Nope, it's a tax.
    This could go on a long time!

Its classified as a tax for national auditing purposes
    only.

It is actually what it says on the bit of paper
    a Licence.

Why do you think it should only be paid if signals received are in part or only analogue?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They still don't "just take your word for it"

You suggested they would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you think it should only be paid if signals received are in part or only analogue?

I don't think that.

You seem to be combining two different points of the discussion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you totally thick or being deliberately Obtuse?
    Oh dear! too late!!!!!

But for the record, I am certainly not 'thick'; far from it, with decades of experience to share with those willing to listen.

Why on earth should it be obtuse to raise a question consequential to a statement made?

Such a shame that the abolitionists' cause has again been brought into disrepute.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And still watching too much TV.

Either way I'm glad I've upset one of those that like to lord it over the poorer, even if for a second.

There is such a thing as Karma and I've seen only too well what go's around comes around to the smug.

Their time will come.

In the last five years I have spent three on JSA and I now earn £6.30 an hour working thirty hours a week. There can't be that many people poorer than me...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You suggested they would.

In the same way that the DVLA take your word for it, yes. Again I know from personal experience that if you communicate you are far more likely to be believed. If you refuse to communicate and slam the door in their faces then you are certain to get more letters and visits. Isn't that obvious?
    Why do you chose the path that is guaranteed to lead to visits and letters and then complain about visits and letters?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think that.

You seem to be combining two different points of the discussion.
    but you wrote
    Analogue TV has been going even longer, but that's on it's way out.
    which I now see can be taken to have two meanings

1) as analogue transmissions are phased out, so should the licensing of broadcast reception.

2) all things change over time.

Given your track record on arguing for abolition, I assumed a) but then I'm thick
    allegedly.

What fun!
This discussion has been closed.