Sky1 HD launches 1 October channel 122

mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
Forum Member
A member of VM staff over on Cable Forum says that Sky1 HD officially launches 1 October on channel 122.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news. And for anyone skeptical about the guy on Cable Forum. Dont be because I spoke to him when I had problems and can confirm he is official.
  • martytoomartytoo Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in time for Stargate Universe Series 2:)
  • VirginMediaPhilVirginMediaPhil Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His name is Digital Fanatic, and according to his Cable Forum profile he's a VM employee.
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Is this extra?
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    martytoo wrote: »

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
  • mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    boxx wrote: »
    Is this extra?

He does not say just that staff have been advised of the launch date and EPG placing.

A slate will appear tomorrow on channel 122 confirming the launch, Sky2 is to move to channel 180.

There is no mention about the launch of Sky Arts HD or any other Sky basic HD channels.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    martytoo wrote: »

True, and Eureka I guess. I don't really watch Sky 1 all that much, but the HD version is always welcome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    mersey70 wrote: »
    A member of VM staff over on Cable Forum says that Sky1 HD officially launches 1 October on channel 122.

I really couldn't care at the minute as I very rarely watch it now. I've just had a look through the guide for the rest of the week and I'm not getting too excited about watching the likes of Futurama, Oops TV, (all day) Simpsons, Must be the Music, Glenn Martin, Biggest Loser, etc. There's a couple of movies, but nowt you wouldn't get on ITV. The action/drama series on Sky1 have went massively downhill in the last year. Hopefully they've got better things in the pipeline this year.
    Forum Member
    I really couldn't care at the minute as I very rarely watch it now. I've just had a look through the guide for the rest of the week and I'm not getting too excited about watching the likes of Futurama, Oops TV, (all day) Simpsons, Must be the Music, Glenn Martin, Biggest Loser, etc. There's a couple of movies, but nowt you wouldn't get on ITV. The action/drama series on Sky1 have went massively downhill in the last year. Hopefully they've got better things in the pipeline this year.

I never watch it either as I prefer home grown shows but thought I would mention the news.

I am probably one of few people who has never watched an episode of The Simpsons, Lost, House or even Friends.
    Forum Member
    Mediaboy now says that Sky2 is moving to 123 and Sky3 is moving to 180 so take your pick who is correct but he confirms Sky1 HD to launch on 122.
  • andrew_nixonandrew_nixon Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    True, and Eureka I guess. I don't really watch Sky 1 all that much, but the HD version is always welcome.

Eureka Season Four is currently airing on SyFy HD.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    So will the first ep of An Idiot Abroad not be in HD? Or will it be in HD but not simulcast in HD.
  • tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    I welcome the Simpsons and Lie to me in HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eureka Season Four is currently airing on SyFy HD.

that's pissed me off no end .. i've just checked epguides and it's episode FIVE tonight ..

i love that show - i can't believe i missed it coming back .. ARSE!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's pissed me off no end .. i've just checked epguides and it's episode FIVE tonight ..

i love that show - i can't believe i missed it coming back .. . ARS

I said the exact same thing when Ghost Whisperer returend.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matty125 wrote: »
    I said the exact same thing when Ghost Whisperer returend.:D

well i should have everything sorted in the next day or so and be all caught up with everything .. obviously by flying to the states, legally buying the DVD's, flying back and watching the first 4 episodes ... *ahem*
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i should have everything sorted in the next day or so and be all caught up with everything .. obviously by flying to the states, legally buying the DVD's, flying back and watching the first 4 episodes ... *ahem*

I thought you watched them on catup on demand, lol
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    So Sky 1 HD will be launching on Virgin in time for the new seasons of Fringe, House and Modern Family
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    I thought you watched them on catup on demand, lol

yes. that's exactly what i've just done. i am now all caught up with the first 4 episodes :)
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky 3 now on channel 180. It's old slot on 123 now shows a "channel moved" slate.

Looks like it's all starting to happen for Sky 1 HD!

But where are the others?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky 3 now on channel 180. It's old slot on 123 now shows a "channel moved" slate.

Yes i know the rollout or information about it has been so slow in coming,i thought they had gone to sleep on the job.;)
    Forum Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Sky Arts HD launches later than Sky1 HD, I bet BSkyB would prefer the 'drip drip' approach rather than a big launch that VM could announce with some fanfare.

Personally I am not expecting any further Sky HD channels other those that VM have already mentioned, not in the short term anyway. Besides, there are surely other options for VM than just Sky's wholly owned HD channels.

However I think it is interesting there was no confirmation of the pricing structure for Sky1 HD when the news broke, no doubt a press release will follow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    why don,t vm put there channel 1 on in hd?
    tex
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tex wrote: »
    why don,t vm put there channel 1 on in hd?
    tex

Because virgin do not own channel 1 sky do.:)
    Forum Member
    Because virgin do not own channel 1 sky do.:)

It has also been announced it is closing down as is Bravo.