Why is the weakest link still being shown?

2»

Comments

• Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    That's what it comes down to, I guess. I like it anyway, and since due to it's timeslot I only catch it when I'm off work, it doesn't matter to me if it's repeats a lot of the time.

Same here only when I'm off work/between jobs really.
    I like Anne's gentle ribbing act, makes me smirk along with the contestants and her.
    Some of the female contestants are pleasant on the eye too.
    Questions are about my speed too, must be about a 80% hit rate if I'm concentrating and doing the washing up and/or cooking.
    I don't watch it that intently.

Some people seem to be bored with it, not that many judging by the couple of threads on DS.
    Lots of people apparently aren't, those who've had enough will have to turn over, until those who like it have had enough.

DOND doesn't actually have any questions does it?
    I can't bare it long enough to find out what happens, I think I always surf past it when they're doing the filler bits and tell them to F'off and turn over.
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like a bit of Weakest Link whilst having dinner i like answering the questions its a tiresome format i agree but at the moment its the only quiz show on TV at tea time:)

Dont forget about Pointless on BBC2.Just a tad earlier.
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like WL just to watch Ann.To gentlemen of a certain age,she has great sexual attraction,well,to me anyway.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Those were primetime versions not daytime.

I could only find info on the showing being axed overseas. If it's still going who now hosts the US version?
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little man wrote: »
    I enjoy it because of the large number of questions to answer. Far better than the shows which have one question every five minutes and spend all the remaining time artificially building up suspense.

Oh God, yes.

I hate shows like Eggheads, where smug know it alls explain all the reasoning behind their answers:

"Hmmm.... I know it's not Elizabeth Taylor, because when I was a boy, my Dad and I used to get on a bus into town. When we got off it we would have fish and chips and then go to the cinema where we would sit in the penny seats. One trip we saw Cleopatra......."

10 minutes pass

"...... and that's the reason why it's not Elizabeth Taylor. Now, I don't think the answer is Audry Hepburn because........."

Arrrrrrggghhhh Just answer the question!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I used to be a big fan and had the quiz books and t-shirt and all... now I just can't stand it!
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    dsimiller wrote: »
    Dont forget about Pointless on BBC2.Just a tad earlier.

Yup love that show always watch it :)
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the female contestants are pleasant on the eye too.

Ah yes, the 21-year-old student babes. Sadly, they usually get voted off in the early rounds :(
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is the weakest link still being shown?........

Because it is cheap filler TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    Oh the irony! :D

I've got sick of this show too, but really would be more favourable towards it if it wasn't so bloody long. Lop 15 minutes off each episode and they'd be fine.

LOL.... I LOVE it when that happens... although its normally a member of the grammar police :D