Options

The Joe McElderry Appreciation Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah well, it could be a 'suggested' set list respectfully submitted for his approval. :D Trouble is he'd be on stage all night because of the list of songs everyone would want to hear off his 4 albums, his winning XF days, his winning PopStar to Opera Star days and then all the other songs he's done on top of that lot ! :D:D

We could make a weekend of it :D
  • Options
    LancashireLass2LancashireLass2 Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adayseye wrote: »
    We could make a weekend of it :D

I thought we were all going to do that anyway :D
    Fans arriving from all over the place!! More airmiles for you adayseye!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought we were all going to do that anyway :D
    Fans arriving from all over the place!! More airmiles for you adayseye!! :D

If only Ryanair did airmiles I'd be sorted for a while courtesy of Mr McElderry:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoop!!!!!!!!!:)

Joe McElderry‏@joemcelderry91

Looking forward to doing some writing next week in studio! :)
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Great news - us fans aren't the only ones happy about that though

Faye Tozer ‏@Faye_Tozer
    @joemcelderry91 fantastic news!! Xx

:cool: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Is Joe the youngest person to ever receive the Silver Heart from the Variety Club of Great Britain - I'm not sure of that exactly but I'd love to know please.

From Hayley

I think so..hmm not sure! lol ..can't find it on google :p
    Found out today I've been mentioned on the Joe Music forums.

I had tears in my eyes from laughing so much. Fame at last. :)

:confused:

Yay!! Album #5 :D

@joemcelderry91 Are you going to write songs in the studio today? :) xxx

@Xxxx possibly tomorrow depending on travel conditions! :(

Snow, please go away!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "When I interviewed Joe McElderry I couldn't help but think what a genuinely nice man ;0)"

Awww :)

http://abenabailey.typepad.co.uk/abena-baileys-hertfordsh/2013/01/index.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So - looks like Joe may make an appearance with Beth Neilsen Chapman when she is in Newcastle :cool:

Beth Nielsen Chapman ‏@bncmusic
    @JennyWren303 he's totally invited!! And I heard a rumor from his peeps that he's coming to sing with me...who hoo!!
    Retweeted by Joe McElderry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So - looks like Joe may make an appearance with Beth Neilsen Chapman when she is in Newcastle :cool:

Beth Nielsen Chapman ‏@bncmusic
    @JennyWren303 he's totally invited!! And I heard a rumor from his peeps that he's coming to sing with me...who hoo!!
    Retweeted by Joe McElderry

This is great - she is such a respected artist especially in the U.S:D
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great, but I still wish he would come down to my neck of the woods. I never get to see him apart from the one time at the Festival Hall!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Backstage at X Factor final 2010, quite an old video, you may have seen it before (even I might have seen it before but can't remember) but I've just (re)discovered it.
    http://youtu.be/riLfTtdL4p8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was watching this video by Mark from A1..it's funny! haha:D and Joe was mentioned on here too :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRWivRvP7-U

“If it wasn’t for HMV I’d have never met Kermit or Joe McElderry”

haha :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dyanna wrote: »
    I was watching this video by Mark from A1..it's funny! haha:D and Joe was mentioned on here too :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRWivRvP7-U

“If it wasn’t for HMV I’d have never met Kermit or Joe McElderry”

haha :D:D

:D:D:D That is really funny and clever - just as well McElderry ryhmes with HMV :D

Thanks for that :cool:
  • Options
    MichelleMKMichelleMK Posts: 2,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D That is really funny and clever - just as well McElderry ryhmes with HMV :D

Thanks for that :cool:

Hahaha :D that is pure genius!! Thank you for posting the link!!

Less than 2 weeks to go now till Joe receives his well-deserved silver heart award .. Stocking up on tissues now as I think it could be an emotional evening! ;):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MichelleMK wrote: »
    Hahaha :D that is pure genius!! Thank you for posting the link!!

Less than 2 weeks to go now till Joe receives his well-deserved silver heart award .. Stocking up on tissues now as I think it could be an emotional evening! ;):)

I bet it is Michelle. So proud of him! :)

I'd love to hear him sing this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ni9TMAn3K0
  • Options
    MichelleMKMichelleMK Posts: 2,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet it is Michelle. So proud of him! :)

I'd love to hear him sing this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ni9TMAn3K0

aww :) that's one of my favourites of his covers. It's perfect for him and there's a lovely velvety tone to his voice.

Quite excited for the new stuff he's starting to write now, esp given the bonus songs on HWIB which he co-wrote are among the best tracks on his album ... and he's so new to the process :)

Know it's not one of the more popular tracks on HWIB but I really love Mayday and am dying to hear him sing that live. That and I Look To You. They're also the only tracks from the album he's not yet sung live (and I want to hear the full set :p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MichelleMK wrote: »
    aww :) that's one of my favourites of his covers. It's perfect for him and there's a lovely velvety tone to his voice.

Quite excited for the new stuff he's starting to write now, esp given the bonus songs on HWIB which he co-wrote are among the best tracks on his album ... and he's so new to the process :)

Know it's not one of the more popular tracks on HWIB but I really love Mayday and am dying to hear him sing that live. That and I Look To You. They're also the only tracks from the album he's not yet sung live (and I want to hear the full set :p)

Yes I'd be very interested to hear Mayday sung live. It wasn't one of my initial favourites on the album but I do like it a lot more now and of course I Look to You I absolutely love. :) I'm also excited to hear more new stuff from him too!
    I think he has a real talent for it. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe is at St James Park today, for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation

Liz Luff ‏@lizlongstonepr
    The very lovely @joemcelderry91 at snowy St James' Park today to help @sbrfoundation. More info next week! http://lockerz.com/s/279483677
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone *waves* :D

Okay, for Joe’s next album, what type of album do you want to hear from him? Easy-listening/classical-crossover? Fun pop? Pop-dance/europop? pop-rock? Pop-country? :)

What direction would you love him to go in next? :D

Personally, I'd love Joe to do pop-rock album with a bit of classical influence...something like this One Republic 'secrets', the intro to this song was influenced by Bachs Cello Suite No.1. :cool:

Or do an acoustic album...that would be awesome! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe an all original album? He seems to be writing more recently so there might be enough material by the time he starts recording. It would be a nice change too as all his albums so far have had covers, not that they're bad, I'd just like to see an all original album at some point, it doesn't even have to be the next album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pop/rock for me - kind of along the lines of Human and Affirmations, and although originals would be good, only if they are good originals, even better if it was self written, but that doesn't bother me too much, although I know for some it is very important.

Would love to hear Joe's take on some older pop/rock stuff. Pop/country would work for me too, but not dance or europop. I would prefer not to have classical/crossover but that is my personal preference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he should sing to his strengths so I would be really interested if he could write something new that experiments with the classical crossover style by perhaps mixing it with rock, country etc, with original arrangements and orchestrations, and different tempos, but above all to let that wonderful rich lower voice show. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think he should sing to his strengths so I would be really interested if he could write something new that experiments with the classical crossover style by perhaps mixing it with rock, country etc, with original arrangements and orchestrations, and different tempos, but above all to let that wonderful rich lower voice show. :)

I like the idea.....experimentation with other genres (pop rock with classical :cool:)...

Not sure if you guys have heard this before..Joe, Darren Tate (music producer) & Dave Arch (SCD music maestro) talking about 'the appeal classical has with contemporary music'. Interesting! :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0145n92

p.s that's why i love MUSE hehe :p

United States of Eurasia ..one of my favorite songs by them..Chopin with Queen-style vocals!! :eek::cool:
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe went to see Little Mix on their tour in Newcastle and was mobbed by the audience before the show! Shows that he is very, very popular!
  • Options
    YorkshireLass7YorkshireLass7 Posts: 3,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice article about what Joe was up to at the weekend when the snow stopped him getting into the studio :)

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2013/01/31/stars-are-out-for-sir-bobby-robson-foundation-fundraiser-72703-32717786/