Corrie cast call SB The Grim Reaper

13»

Comments

• Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    Only about the gay thing. And that was just standard media fodder to continue enforce the fact that 'homophobia' / gender divisions and debates stayed in place.

I'm not basing my opinions on Blackburn on press coverage; I'm judging it on my perception of a slight change for the worse in the show's production/pacing and the amount of stars who've quit since he joined - which suggest he's not very good, or at least noticeably different/worse than Collinson.

I'd be interested to do some digging as to what the Emmerdale cast thought of him (I know a lot of fans didn't like him, but he didn't do too bad, with the 40th etc.)

The new Emmerdale producer has received praise, and when she joined said she inherited an Emmerdale in which, under Blackburn, "things weren't moving as quickly as they could."

"We do need to give stories time to breathe in order to tell them properly, but we also need some big moments - possibly more often than we'd been seeing recently."

Which is a bad omen for Corrie; and I have noticed that less is actually happening in episodes to nudge stories forward even slightly, something Collinson definitely had nailed. I didn't want to miss episodes in case I missed a detail but now I don't mind missing the odd episode.

Concerning but I'm sure it's just a blip.

No It wasn't it was also casting of Michelle Collins and the northern accent, the shows ratings and cast members not happy with not getting enough screen time or storylines.

PC made plenty of mistakes whilst in charge you seem blinded by his faults which is fair enough I suppose. But Corrie isn't competing with ED on any level tell me when was the last time ED came close to matching or beating the show in the ratings?

Besides there's only about 30 Corrie fans on this forum out of 8-9 million which is a small amount. The show got 40% share last night no other soap has managed that let alone in August you can't deny that's impressive you wouldn't if PC was still there.
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    SB is the love child of Gunther Von Hages and Norris Cole

Don't be daft, his mum was Ena Sharples

Blackburn: http://i3.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article1224037.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/blackburn-1224037.jpg
    Ena: http://www.virginmedia.com/images/Violet_Carson-290x400.jpg

;):D
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No It wasn't it was also casting of Michelle Collins and the northern accent, the shows ratings and cast members not happy with not getting enough screen time or storylines.

PC made plenty of mistakes whilst in charge you seem blinded by his faults which is fair enough I suppose. But Corrie isn't competing with ED on any level tell me when was the last time ED came close to matching or beating the show in the ratings?

Besides there's only about 30 Corrie fans on this forum out of 8-9 million which is a small amount. The show got 40% share last night no other soap has managed that let alone in August you can't deny that's impressive you wouldn't if PC was still there.
    Have made a thread about what I think of Corrie; take a look if you like, it's fun to debate! :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1879328

Apologies, it's quite long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Until today when i saw a photo of Stuart Blackburn, i didnt realise that i actually went to school with him..and he was a knob then.
    We both went to Greenhead Grammar school in Keighley, and 1 summer we were painting our 6th form common room in the holidays, and he seemed to think it funny to encourage the guys to take out their penises and wave them behind my back as i painted the skirting board.
    He was a homophoebic prick who gave me a hard time for being gay, which at 16 is a hard thing to handle..so it doesnt surprise me what i read on here,,, as i say, he was a horrible big head at school.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    For those who asked if SB is gay..no i think he's straight, but he was camp at school, but as i said in my earlier post, he gave me a hard time at school for being gay....if he is gay he's a hell of a hypocrit.
    By the way Stuart if you read this, we are both 48..boy you look a hell of a lot older, and the ear rings make you look pathetic..like some old hippy.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EUROBOY65 wrote: »
    For those who asked if SB is gay..no i think he's straight, but he was camp at school, but as i said in my earlier post, he gave me a hard time at school for being gay....if he is gay he's a hell of a hypocrit.
    By the way Stuart if you read this, we are both 48..boy you look a hell of a lot older, and the ear rings make you look pathetic..like some old hippy.

:eek: :D
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I'm sure he has plenty of time to trawl online forums reading people's inane ramblings about his show:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Until today when i saw a photo of Stuart Blackburn, i didnt realise that i actually went to school with him..and he was a knob then.
    We both went to Greenhead Grammar school in Keighley, and 1 summer we were painting our 6th form common room in the holidays, and he seemed to think it funny to encourage the guys to take out their penises and wave them behind my back as i painted the skirting board.
    He was a homophoebic prick who gave me a hard time for being gay, which at 16 is a hard thing to handle..so it doesnt surprise me what i read on here,,, as i say, he was a horrible big head at school.

The words "let it go" spring to mind...