Video senders

since my pc is downstairs i would like to watch some movies from its dvd capabilities in my bedroom upstairs.

Are video senders anygood.Plus i had an idea of buying a capture card and if i had said video sender plug it into my sky
digibox and the other part into the tv out on pc and have my own
video recorder.

Is this a stupid idea or could it work and if so can anybody recommend a good video sender and capture card.

Comments

• WiddyWiddy Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argos do a couple of videosenders, a Philips one and an AEI one. Satalogue also do a budget one at £49 including delivery.

All videosenders work on 2.4ghz in this country and usually have 4 switchable channels in case you receive interference on one.

One thing to remember is that they are low powered and do have picture problems when a microwave is on, but on the plus side you get stereo sound and works well in most domestic situations.

I had the one from Satalogue, but now have the AEI one from Argos as it gives me a better picture and I am most happy now I have it working so I can watch Sky in bed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Would be the video in on the capture card you'd use and some video senders come with A/V connections, others just scart.

The video recorder progs I tried on my PC (some while back now I admit) were a let down - they were slow, really hogged the system and crashed with unknown errors.

That said, they have probably come along now, but it would still be a system drain to use it as a recorder. (IMHO)

I have a card within my PC for sending my PC's screen output to a receiver unit for watching DVD's on which works very well and has a remote which controls the mouse and it's buttons - specific to the job. Also have a Philips video sender for sending Sky downstairs which works well.