US execs cancel the best shows.

Those execs in the US infuriate me giving good shows no time!

Sorry just a rant about shows I miss

FlashForward
The Event
No Ordinary Family
Terra Nova
Medium
Men of a Certain Age
Ghost Whisperer
House
Alcatraz
Fringe

Now some may not have been axed but they are in borrowed time the old TV i have left is

Misfits
The Walking Dead
Homeland
Episodes
Touch
Boardwalk Empire
Being Human US
Family Guy

Thanks for listening.....

Dan

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,156
    Forum Member
    Family Guy could hardly be described as on borrowed time - it has a contract up to 2015.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fringe or Alcatraz haven't been axed, not yet at least.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    House hasn't been cancelled, the producers have taken the decision to end the show. If they wanted they could've got a few more seasons out of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »

FlashForward
    The Event
    No Ordinary Family
    Terra Nova
    Medium
    Men of a Certain Age
    Ghost Whisperer
    House
    Alcatraz
    Fringe

Now some may not have been axed but they are in borrowed time the old TV i have left is

Misfits
    The Walking Dead
    Homeland
    Episodes
    Touch
    Boardwalk Empire
    Being Human US
    Family Guy

Dan

How are homeland and walking dead on borrowed time, new seasons have already been sorted. And why do you have fringe on the cancelled list as a short season 5 confirmation is due at any time now:confused:
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

FlashForward
    The Event
    No Ordinary Family
    Terra Nova

Those four were rubbish and deserved to be cancelled. IM(not very)HO, of course.
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would be surprised to see Boardwalk Empire cancelled any time soon as well ????
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not strictly true. What they do do though is they cancel shows that no one watches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fringe will probably get another season.

It was time for House to end - one of the best shows ever during seasons 1-5(particularly 1-3) but the last few seasons were pretty bad.

No Ordinary Family was awful.

I liked Flashforward - was annoyed when it was cancelled.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member

FlashForward
    The Event
    No Ordinary Family
    Terra Nova
    Medium
    Men of a Certain Age
    Ghost Whisperer
    House
    Alcatraz
    Fringe

Misfits
    The Walking Dead
    Homeland
    Episodes
    Touch
    Boardwalk Empire
    Being Human US
    Family Guy

Dan

The top list is the shows cancelled or on borrowed time.

The bottom list is the list of programmes I have left.
    I know they haven't been canned yet. And many do have lots of life and a bright future especially Walking Dead & Homeland.

For the record my favourite show on currently is Fringe & I'm praying for a renewal.

Regards to all

Dan.
  • belfastbobbybelfastbobby Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Event was one of the very best shows in recent years, also why are there not anymore series of The Wire planned.It was probably the best ever prog to come out of Americia in the past 40 years....
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO, The Event and FlashForward were awful, and deserved cancellation.

Terra Nova was awful until the very end. Could have been good with another season, but it served it right really.

The Walking Dead and Homeland are most definitely not on "borrowed time". Both achieved amazing ratings for their respective networks (AMC and Showtime), and have already been renewed for another season.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Walking Dead's hardly on borrowed time. While I'm only a casual viewer, the show has been continously breaking cable ratings records, so I think it will be around for AT LEAST another four seasons. And considering the creator of the comic conceived this series to be a "never-ending zombie story" - I believe if he had his way the show will be on for 9 or 10 seasons. I'm sure AMC will be happy to let it run for that long too as the ratings are amazing and I think they'll only get better.

Concerning Boadwalk Empire, while the ratings might not be huge like The Walking Dead (but then what cable show gets ratings like that?), they are still decent enough ratings for a cable show. Also, the fact that the show is critically acclaimed and awards-worthy, HBO won't be in a hurry to cancel it as they are more interested in quality than ratings unlike the mainstream networks. I think this show will be around for a few years yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Those four were rubbish and deserved to be cancelled. IM(not very)HO, of course.

I have to agree to be honest. The writing was just not up to scratch on Terra Nova, The Event, FlashForward and I would probably also add Alcatraz (though it hasn't been cancelled YET). The writers didn't seem to know what they wanted to achieve with the concepts/central story arcs of those shows or how to approach them, so they ended up feeding the viewers with filler plots a lot of the time. It's a shame really as they all had potential to be great due to their interesting concepts.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I have to agree to be honest. The writing was just not up to scratch on Terra Nova, The Event, FlashForward and I would probably also add Alcatraz (though it hasn't been cancelled YET). The writers didn't seem to know what they wanted to achieve with the concepts/central story arcs of those shows or how to approach them, so they ended up feeding the viewers with filler plots a lot of the time. It's a shame really as they all had potential to be great due to their interesting concepts.

Alcatraz is awesome
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fringe is still on air (barely)
    So therefore, at this time, they do not cancel the best show(s)
    Because Fringe=best show on network tv
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alcatraz is awesome

While I think Alcatraz did have patches where the writing was very good, most of the time I found it a bit underwhelming. There was missing something in the writing IMHO. Maybe with a second season, the writers could improve things by learning from their mistakes and add more scope to the story. But that's just my opinion. I'm glad you like it though - let's hope for your sake and other Alcatraz fans that it does get renewed as I'm never one to celebrate the cancellation of a cult show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Densino wrote: »
    Fringe is still on air (barely)
    So therefore, at this time, they do not cancel the best show(s)
    Because Fringe=best show on network tv

Michael Cerveris who plays September tweeted one better then that ;)

Michael Cerveris ‏ @cerveris
    just watched ep419...so proud to have been part of maybe the best scifi series EVER @VancityJax @JWFRINGE #Fringe #FRINGEonFOX #fringefans
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Cerveris who plays September tweeted one better then that ;)

Michael Cerveris ‏ @cerveris
    just watched ep419...so proud to have been part of maybe the best scifi series EVER @VancityJax @JWFRINGE #Fringe #FRINGEonFOX #fringefans
    Wait,,,,,

....September is on Twitter?????

Must.....find.....Observer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait,,,,,

Well he is on twitter in our timeline, not sure about other timelines though;)
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misfits isn't an American show so US execs have no say on it.
    Family Guy has been brought back from cancellation before so i'd say they ran out of borrowed time a long time ago.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Misfits isn't an American show so US execs have no say on it.
    Family Guy has been brought back from cancellation before so i'd say they ran out of borrowed time a long time ago.

On the subject of MacFarlane shows, both American Dad
    and the Cleveland Show will probably get renewed.
    Bob's Burgers may get renewed as well-but it all
    depends on the ratings.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait,,,,,

Its bad enough trying to spot him in the background of an episode :)
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does annoy me that shows like House that are cash cows get made two or three seasons to many but original drama like Pushing Dasies get sexed far too soon.

PJ
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    DarthFader wrote: »
    It does annoy me that shows like House that are cash cows get made two or three seasons to many but original drama like Pushing Dasies get sexed far too soon.

PJ

PD did have Anna Friel and Jayma Mays, but I'm not sure that's
    what you meant... :D
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PD did have Anna Friel and Jayma Mays, but I'm not sure that's
    what you meant... :D

Haha sIlly iPad silly spelling from me :p

PJ