Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 17)

Comments

• Options
    snukrsnukr Posts: 19,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The current situation regarding Suarez is nothing new to him, he forced a move from Groningen to Ajax six years ago under similar circumstamces.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/26/luis-suarez-groningen-ajax-liverpool?mobile-redirect=false
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    The current situation regarding Suarez is nothing new to him, he forced a move from Groningen to Ajax six years ago under similar circumstamces.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/26/luis-suarez-groningen-ajax-liverpool?mobile-redirect=false

Yep. Was reading a different piece on the same subject a few weeks ago. You have to applaud him though - he seems to be doing a great job of turning everybody against him and that's before any possible arbitration or legal action! Arsenal are very welcome to him.
  • Options
    Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £50m for Tooth Boy, and get Saldado from under the nose of the Spuds for a smidgin under £30m. £20m spare to spend on a defensive midfielder. Happy days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Times reporting that Liverpool have told Arsenal they have no intention of selling Luis Suarez, under any circumstances, to a team they consider rivals.

This is going to go the distance :(
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    promo-only wrote: »
    Yep. Was reading a different piece on the same subject a few weeks ago. You have to applaud him though - he seems to be doing a great job of turning everybody against him and that's before any possible arbitration or legal action! Arsenal are very welcome to him.

Bit a player and left Ajax too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Bit a player and left Ajax too.

At least his next club will know the signs well enough. Soon as he gets back to the changing room with a chunk of flesh in his mouth... He wants out.
  • Options
    PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Suarez Arsenal saga ended after Liverpool turned down Arsenals bid of £40m and £1.

I doubt Arsenal are going to bid more and it is down to Suarez who will undoubtedly need to hand in a transfer request which I don't think he will do.

It's all over but the papers continue to milk the story for as long as they can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PES 2009 wrote: »
    I think the Suarez Arsenal saga ended after Liverpool turned down Arsenals bid of £40m and £1.

I doubt Arsenal are going to bid more and it is down to Suarez who will undoubtedly need to hand in a transfer request which I don't think he will do.

It's all over but the papers continue to milk the story for as long as they can.

Considering he's gone through the exact same thing abroad, I'm not sure how you can say it's over apart from in the papers who are looking for a story. If you think for a second this won't get dragged on until he's no longer in a Liverpool shirt, you're off base.

Re Arsenal - the most annoying thing about their bid was that £1 extra. That got my back up more than anything and I'm sure the Liverpool board felt the same! It was always going to be no deal after that offer no matter what player was in the mix!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to this report Arsenal are preparing to make a new bid and Liverpool haven't given Suarez permission to talk to them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/26/arsenal-luis-suarez-liverpool?mobile-redirect=false
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    According to this report Arsenal are preparing to make a new bid and Liverpool haven't given Suarez permission to talk to them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/26/arsenal-luis-suarez-liverpool?mobile-redirect=false

unless its £50 mil don't even bother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »

I hope we accept it too. I've got a niggling feeling we'll reject it though :eek:
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Real to swoop late with 30 million offer, you watch. A bit of haggling and either we get a bit part player of another 5m.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woukd you rather suarez go to arsenal for £50 million or madrid for £30 million
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    At this stage it would appear the club are determined not to sell him, but all that could change if Arsenal or another club make an offer which is hard to refuse or if Suarez hands in a transfer request, which is what the club are probably hoping for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the million dollar question but for the good of the club domestically... Madrid for £30m! Might sound mad, but selling him to Arsenal is stupid by any standard. No point in giving them any sort of boost when we're desperate to make top 4 ourselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering he's gone through the exact same thing abroad, I'm not sure how you can say it's over apart from in the papers who are looking for a story.

Just because he tried to force a move from Groningen to Ajax doesn't mean he will try to force a move from Liverpool to Arsenal.

He hasn't in the slightest indicated he is trying to force his way out of Liverpool. The press are making up rubbish about him wanting to talk to Arsenal and you are believing every word of it.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member

I would just turn Madrid down if they offered that. We shouldn't let Suarez leave for less than £40m. £50m if Arsenal want him and he really wants to go. Unless he submits a transfer request I don't want to see a sale in any case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Selling to Arsenal even for £50m would effectively give up any hope of CL qualification - ideally sell him to Madrid for £40m plus and qualify for CL ourselves which would bring in much more than the £10m 'deficit'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because he tried to force a move from Groningen to Ajax doesn't mean he will try to force a move from Liverpool to Arsenal.

He hasn't in the slightest indicated he is trying to force his way out of Liverpool. The press are making up rubbish about him wanting to talk to Arsenal and you are believing every word of it.

That has to be one of the most naive comments I've ever read.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Seriously? I mean really? The guy has been briefing the media since May, his agent is agitating about contact clauses. The only thing the Suarez camp has not done is hand in a transfer request as that would deny him his "loyalty" bonus.
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8842607/premier-league-liverpool-deny-reports-that-club-is-up-for-sale
    Liverpool have denied suggestions owners Fenway Sports Group are considering putting the club up for sale.

Fenway, headed by Liverpool owner John W Henry, completed the purchase of the club from fellow Americans George Gillett and Tom Hicks in October 2010.

Despite continued investment in the club, Brendan Rodgers' side have failed to secure a place in the UEFA Champions League and finished seventh in the Premier League last season.

But both the club and Fenway Sports Group have been quick to quash a report in The Sun that the Anfield outfit is unofficially up for sale for around £350m.

The newspaper reports that Saudi Arabian oil firm Saudi Aramco recently attempted to buy the Premier League club and states that City banking sources claim two American billionaires could also be potential buyers.

"Fenway Sports Group has made its position clear, Liverpool Football Club is not for sale. There is no truth in this story," said a club spokesman.

A spokesperson for Fenway Sports Group said: "Like so many rumours in the past about a sale of Liverpool Football Club, there is absolutely no truth in this.

"We have had no meetings with anyone about a sale, we don't know who the source of the rumour is."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That has to be one of the most naive comments I've ever read.

Your comments about Suarez wanting out of Liverpool are naive. I haven't come across any articles where Suarez has said 'He wants out' as you claim.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit I was a bit WTF? when I heard this on SSN just now. Then I saw they were quoting the scum.

ETA the we're for sale rumour I mean
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your comments about Suarez wanting out of Liverpool are naive. I haven't come across any articles where Suarez has said 'He wants out' as you claim.

You're not being serious, right? You just can't be serious. He's been engineering a move away from the club for a good while now. What do you think his comments to the media in South America have been aiming to achieve, just out of curiosity?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not being serious, right? You just can't be serious. He's been engineering a move away from the club for a good while now. What do you think his comments to the media in South America have been aiming to achieve, just out of curiosity?

Proof is in the pudding.

Give me one bona fide piece of evidence of Suarez saying he wants out of Liverpool and I might take you seriously.
This discussion has been closed.