• ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The seasoning house - 8.5/10
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Le Mans (1971)

For a film with virtually no plot, dialogue, exposition, character development, script, antagonist or even story it was pretty good.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont be afraid of the dark.

crap. 2/10. plot same as bog standard 80s horror films and the cgi monsters are derivative and just silly. very disappointing from the director of chronos.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ain't Them Bodies Saints (2013) - 8/10
    (Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara*)

Love and Pain and the Whole Damn Thing (1973) - 7/10
    (Maggie Smith and Timothy Bottoms)

Seeing ATBS and Timothy Bottoms makes me want to watch The Last Picture Show again, and that's what I'll watch next. God, I really do love having days off work.

*I cannot be the only one who keeps accidentally writing her name as Mara Rooney?
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Grown ups 2 - 6\10

Some very funny bits
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Dallas Buyers Club - Terrific movie featuring not one but two of the finest performances I've seen in many a year. Matthew McConaughy is rightly taking all the plaudits for his leading role but for me it was Jared Leto as transgender wannabe Rayon that delivered the jaw dropping performance.

All in all an excellent film 9/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Man Who Was Nobody [1960]. Director: Montgomery Tully

5/10

Hazel Court took time off from being a horror star to take the leading role in this Edgar Wallace crime drama.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philomena (2013) 8/10
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cavemen 1/10 Very boring so I started using my laptop after about 10 minutes.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen GRAVITY was an OK film give it 6 out of 10 and all the satellites started falling to earth with other stuff.

Robocop 2014 at the cinema last night I gave it 5 out of 10.
    Forum Member
    The Master - 8/10

Great acting by the main characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Partners in Crime [1961]. Director: Peter Duffell

5/10

Clue of the New Pin [1961]. Director: Allan Davis

6/10

A couple more Edgar Wallace support features. The second one has some good psychological tension as the murderer's plot starts to unravel.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Le Mans (1971)

For a film with virtually no plot, dialogue, exposition, character development, script, antagonist or even story it was pretty good.

You just sit and watch Le Mans! A real big screen film though.

I watched White Mischief last night - God Greta Scacchi really was just perfection in 1987

/swoons
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Saw

as i am off work on hols nxt week i started a re run of Saw films, watched the first tonight and watch on every night now..I have bought these ones from Amazon new and used, and this one was good picture etc, as some can jump..so i wipe them first to clean anything off it..( good having no adverts in as they are normally on film 4 :p)Best horror series ever followed by final Destination
    Forum Member
    Rust and Bone - 8\10

Marian Collitard is a goddess.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,165
    Forum Member
    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011) - 7/10
  • MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 373,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jason and the Argonauts (1963) - 10/10
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    White House Down (2013) - 6/10

Giggled quite a bit during this fun popcorn film. The ending was far too outlandish for my taste. Gorgeous photography, though. Good enough to have me checking the ending credits for the cinematographer's name. Anna Foerster. Her first, too. She's usually a director of visual effects miniature photography. I will keep an eye out for her future works as a cinematographer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saw [2004]. Director: James Wan

6/10

After a bright start this loses its way with the backstory flashbacks and requiring cops to be idiots.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Master - Great performances within a very hollow film. I tried convincing myself that I was enjoying this film when watching it but I failed. Not nearly as engaging as There Will Be Blood. The best thing I can say about The Master is that it's the closest I've seen anyone come to replicate a Stanley Kubrick film.

6/10
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Call
    nothing wrong with Halle Berry - the first half of the movie is very good then sadly the story takes a huge nosedive with a totally ridiculous ending

7/10 for the first half
    2/10 for the ending
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robocop (2014) - 4/10 - Zzzzzzz after a promising opening.
    Rush - 8/10 - Good movie,gutted it took me this long to get round to watching it.
This discussion has been closed.